10

“Destiny? How cliché!”

 

After lunch, you and Baekhyun went down from the rooftop and headed back to your classroom. All of a sudden, you felt a little happy that Baekhyun is with you. Because of him, the students did not glare at you that much and plus, you did not have to hide behind your bangs.

You and Baekhyun were conversing about how strict your teacher in Biology class is when you saw a tall boy with the same ugly scowl on his face entering your classroom. You were about to go to him when Baekhyun grabbed your hand.

“Saerin-ah, don’t—“

“I have to.” You replied with determination and escaped Baekhyun’s grasp, making your way to Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol-ah!” Chanyeol turned around after hearing his name being called and stared at you. He looked so terrible; his eyes were red and his hair was all over the place.

You felt your stomach churning just by looking at him. Chanyeol looked so different from the Chanyeol you met a few weeks back and you wanted nothing but to wipe that ugly scowl on his face. You feel like you’re the reason behind his sad state. You felt like you were taking away Baekhyun from him. You felt guilty but it is not entirely right to blame yourself when you’re not even sure. You just want to make him smile again.

You knew that whatever happened in the party…he didn’t mean it. You did not know Chanyeol that much but you trusted him. Especially when it comes to his loyalty to his friend, Baekhyun.

Somehow, amidst all the riddles and animals that he has been incorporating in his story, you understood the situation. You were not sure but you believed in Chanyeol. Also, you believe that he doesn’t deserve to sulk like what he is doing right now.

“C-chanyeol…” You muttered when you noticed that he was looking at the ground, avoiding your gaze. “I don’t know why you’re not defending yourself but… I believe you.”

“How do you…why are you…” Chanyeol started to say but you cut him off.

“Because I’m your friend.”

Chanyeol blinked a few times before he ran to his class. You rubbed your cheeks and pouted. Well, that did not went well.

Sighing, you went inside your classroom only to find a crying Yiseul on the ground.

“H-how dare y-you do that…” Baekhyun muttered before storming out of the room. You looked at his retreating back when you realized that he was crying.

You shifted your attention at Yiseul who was still crying. She was holding her cheek as if someone has just slapped it. “What happened?”

“He’s going to search for him.” Yiseul answered, pointing at the door.

“Who…” You started to say when you realized what she was talking about.

You looked at the open door and smiled. Please let them reconcile.

----

As soon as he heard the explanation from Yiseul, Baekhyun ran off the classroom to search for Chanyeol. He felt so stupid to give him the cold shoulder so easily. He felt so stupid for believing his eyes and his eyes only. He cannot believe he almost trashed their friendship just because of a girl.

He searched for Chanyeol’s desk only to stop when he spotted a tall boy sitting down on one of the desks in front. Baekhyun strided to the front and attacked his bestfriend with a hug.

Chanyeol froze at his touch and turned around. “Baekhyun-ah… I’m sor—“

“Who says your sorry?” Baekhyun bit Chanyeol’s neck playfully and hugged him harder. “Wahh, my Chanyeollie looks so sad. Because of that scowl on your face, people have been contemplating on removing you from the kingkas of the school!”

“Baekhyun-ah…I’m really sorr—“

“Aish! I’m going to bite you again if you don’t stop saying sorry.” Baekhyun pinched Chanyeol’s cheek and grinned. “It hurts, right?”

“Baekhyun-ah…why…”

Baekhyun removed his arms from Chanyeol’s neck and faced him. “Yiseul told me everything. She was only using me to get closer to you? Ugh. I know you wouldn’t be able to betray me like that.”

“I swear I did not even like her!” Chanyeol defended.

“I know. “ Baekhyun grinned and messed up Chanyeol’s hair. “Now, let’s go to the girl you truly like.”

“Uhh….About Saerin, she’s not really my girlfriend.”

“I know that, silly.” Baekki giggled.

“W-what are you talking about?”

Baekhyun continued to grin as he dragged Chanyeol out of his seat.

“Let’s go to your Super y.”