One

Yoshin in an Energy Drink Bottle.

 

 Deer in the headlights - (adj.) to look stunned and at a loss for words when made the
center of attention
 

 "YAH! MINHAE!" Jaeseop, our choreographer yelled for the nth time as he, again, shot daggers to me with his eyes. "How many times must I say that you need to pop harder?!?!?! Put more force in your popping!!!!" He exasperatedly lifted his hands trying to keep his cool. Who can I blame?

 Hip hop. For goodness’ sakes! I’m a ballet dancer!!! I tried my best not to protest.

“Let’s do it all over again! Three- two- one!!!” Then there, the speakers then again blasted some crazy, earsplitting, boisterous and deafening music. Can’t we just stick to those classical and calm melodies with swift and smooth transition dance moves? Can’t we? Ugh.

 Why am doing this? Well, I got  the main role for a melodrama stage play of a young ballet dancer who fell in love with a b-boy rapper. The cliche stuffs- she does her best to let the boy notice him so she learns hip hop and awe him with a performance and they lived happily ever after.

Sadly learning hip hop isn't as simple and my life story ain't as narrow as what is stated in the script....

--------------------------------------

Minhae

 After a few hours of working with all the chest bamming, popping, locking and some acrobatic b-boy tumbling, he called out an hour break. Finally.

“I’ll head outand buy some drinks first!” You yelled and skipped out of the practice room, quickly closing the door behind you before they can even place their ‘orders’. You puffed your cheeks and jogged down the stairs. As you exited the building, cold air blew and sent minimal shivers down your spine, it’s abnormally cold tonight, you can’t help but mutter to yourself. You took one quick glance at your wristwatch to check time, 11:57.

You carefully crossed the street and sighed loudly as you walked to the vending machine... You took out small little changes out from your pockets and slid them into the slots,

 “What should I buy for tonight? Hmm?” You tapped your chin playfully, looking for a drink that might be able to catch your eyes, “I’ll stick with this!” You exclaimed as you pressed the button for a Red Gatorade. After a second or two, banging sounds can be heard as your drink rolled down; it was quite loud since the bottle was made of glass.

Behind you back- you felt a pair of eyes surveying you. You just shrugged off the weird vibes and thirstily drank the beverage, “That was refreshing…” You breathed out and began to close the bottle.

Right there and then- You were in a spotlight, wheels against cold concrete that was shrilling was your background music. It was like a big pair of eyes were coming right at you- Everything was in slow motion; you braced yourself for the pain that’s bound to come, and I gripped my energy drink bottle tighter.

The last thing you were aware of- was your wristwatch beeping- telling you that it was exactly 12 midnight.

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTE 

 

Chapter one's up!
Was it really that crappy?

B1a4's up in the next chappie~~
Subscribe! Ne? ;)