Chapter 2

Encounters[On Hiatus]

Chapter 2

Samona stretches as she stands up from her seat on the couch. “Don’t you think you should be getting ready for your date?” Samona looks to her side. Next to her sat a girl with black hair and brown eyes just like her. “Yeah, yeah, I’ll have enough time, Minako. Don’t worry.” Samona says before sitting back down. Minako shakes her head.

 

“Isn’t that the same thing she said yesterday when we were coming to pick her up?” A girl with long brown hair and brown eyes walks into the living room and sitting down on the other side of Minako. Minako looks at her. “Why yes it is, Raina.” she says. “And we had to wait as she rush to get ready.” she adds. Samona shrugs. “I got distracted with something.” she says.

 

“Yeah, yeah, we know that you get distracted sometimes.” Raina says. Samona shrugs. “It’s not my fault. Things just get boring sometimes when I’m in the house by myself. I need distractions.” she says. The two girls nod. “Yes we know.” Minako says. Samona then stands up again. “Well, I guess you’re right. Maybe I should start getting ready.” she says.

 

Minako looks up at Samona. “As your twin, I suggest that it’s better for you to do so. I don’t want you to be late for your date.” she says. Raina looks at Minako then at Samona. “And as your older sister, I order you to. Because I also don’t want you to be late and because I said so.” she says smiles. Samona looks at her. “You know just because you’re older doesn’t mean I’ll actually do what you say. It’s not like you can beat me up.” she says.

 

Raina nods and tilts her head to the side. “While that might be true…” she starts. “I know that you’re still going to do it, not because I’m older, but because I’m your sister who’s older.” Raina says. Samona stares at Raina. A minute later, Samona sighs and lightly stomps her feet. “Dammit, your right.” she says. Raina smiles. “I know I am.” she says. Minako shakes her head. “Well it’s not like you haven’t also convinced Raina to do something and used the excuse of being sisters.”

 

Samona nods. “Yeah, that’s true… So fine, I’ll go get ready.” she says. Samona turns and walks down the hall and into her room.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

 

Samona walks into the living room. “Okay. How do I look?” Samona asks her sisters as she readjusts her glasses. Minako and Raina turn and look at her. Samona wore a red shirt under a black button up long-sleeve shirt and dark blue jeans. Raina gives her a thumbs up. “You look nice.” she says. Minako nods in agreement. “Good.” Samona says as she sits down on the couch with the two. “What are you too planning to do?” she asks. Minako and Raina shrugs. “Most likely we’re just going to sit here.” Minako answers.

 

Before Samona could say something, her phone rang. Picking the phone up, Samona looks at the scene to see Henry’s name displayed across it. Pressing the talk button, she puts the phone to her ear. “Hello?” she asks.

“Hey, Samona are you ready?” Henry’s voice asks.

“Yeah, I am. Are you here?”

“Yes. I just pulled up in front of the house.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll come out right now.”

“Okay.”

“See ya in a second, bye.”

“Bye.”

 

Samona hangs up the phone and stands up. “So, that was him?” Minako asks. Samona nods. “Yeah, he just pulled up outside.” she says as she walks over to the door. Samona puts her phone in her pocket before sliding on her shoes. “Take your jacket.” Raina suggests. Samona nods. “Okay.” she replies, standing up straight. Taking her blue jacket off the coat racket, Samona opens the front door. “See ya later.” Minako calls as Samona walks out the door.

 

Shutting the door behind her, Samona walks off the porch and toward the black car that sat in front of the house. Walking up to the passenger side of the car, Samona opens the door. “Hey Henry.” Samona greets as she gets into the car, closing the door, once she was settled into the passenger seat. After buckling her seat belt, Samona looks at Henry. Henry smiles as he looks at her. “Hey. So was there any certain place you wanted to go?” he asks.

 

Samona shakes her head. “No, anywhere’s fine.” she says. Henry nods as he puts the car into drive and pulls off. “So, how was your day?” Henry asks. Samona tilts her head. “It was kind of boring. Today was a slow day at work and we didn’t have a lot of customers. So we mostly just sat around doing nothing.” she answers. “What about you? How was your day?” she asks looking at him.

 

Henry shrugs. “Well, the day hasn’t been boring or exciting for me today.” he says. “We had practice today and did a few studio recordings. That was the only thing we had to do today.” he adds. Samona nods. “You guys are already recording new songs?” she asks. Henry nods. “Yeah, well some of them are remixes. You know for repackage albums.” he answers. Samona nods.

 

“Ah, you 15 must have a lot of fun together.” Samona says. Henry nods. “Yeah but we also work hard too.” he replies. Samona nods. “Yeah I know. You all must make sure to stay healthy. No one wants any of you getting sick.” she says. Henry smiles. “Yeah, I know.” he says. Samona looks at him before looking out the door window. “So where are we going?” she asks.

 

“Oh we’re almost there.” Henry replies. As the car stops at a red light, Henry looks at Samona. “Since we had the day off, the others wanted to get together and hang out. Is it alright if we go there?” he asks. Samona nods. “Yeah that’s fine.” she says. “It’ll be great to see the others.” she says as the light turn green and the car starts moving again.

 

Within seconds the car was parked and turned off. As they get out the car, Henry takes out his cell phone. He presses a few keys and a minute later his phone beep. “Leeteuk says they’re in the fourth group room.” Henry says as he walks over to Samona. Samona nods and the two walk into the building in front of them. Greeting the workers in front, the two walk down the hall and to the forth door they came to.

 

Opening the door, Henry and Samona walks into the room. Shutting the door behind them, Henry turns toward Samona. “Ah, you can just tell that they’re here.” Samona says pointing. 14 other coats where hung up on the wall and 14 pairs of shoes was placed to the side. Henry nods. “Yeah, only this amount of items can mean Super Junior.” he says. The two removes their jackets and hangs them up with the others. They then remove their shoes and trade them with the slippers that were there.

 

“Sammie?” a voice from behind them call. Henry and Samona turns to see Leeteuk standing there. “It is you. It’s been so long.” Leeteuk says hugging her. Samona smiles as she pushes her glasses up on her face. “I know.” she says. Leeteuk takes Samona’s hand as he moves away. “Come on.” Leeteuk says and drags Samona around the counter. Half confused, Henry follows them. The other 13 members sat around a table chatting.

 

“Guys look who’s here.” Leeteuk says. As the boys look up, eyes widen. “Samona?” Ryeowook asks. Samona smiles. “Been a while hasn’t It.” she says. Each boy stands up and hugs her. “Ah Henry, we didn’t know it was Samona you were talking about.” Kangin says. Yesung pokes Samona in her side. “Yeah, Samona, how are you doing to go out with Henry and not inform us?” he asks. Samona looks at him.

 

“What do you mean not inform? I told Kyuhyun.” Samona says. The others turn to Kyuhyun. “Really? She told you already?” Kangin asks. Kyuhyun nods. “We’re best friends. Of course I knew already.” he says. Samona walks over to Kyuhyun. “I’ve been here a minute and you’re already getting me into trouble.” she says lightly kicking his leg. Kyuhyun smiles. “That’s my job.” he says.

 

The group moves and sits back down. Samona sits down next to Kyuhyun and Henry sits down on her other side. “Samona where’s your sisters?” Shindong asks. Samona looks at him. “Oh, they’re at home. I didn’t know we where meeting up with you guys. If you want you can call them.” Samona suggests. She then takes her phone out of her pocket. “Yes, we should invite them.” Heechul says taking the phone from her.

 

Samona turns and looks at Henry. “You seem confused.” she says. Henry nods. “I kinda Am.” he says. “I didn’t know you knew the others.” he states. Samona nods. “I met them years ago.” she says. “I’m childhood friends with Kyuhyun, Siwon, and Hangeng. Also met Kibum when we were younger.” she informs. Henry nods. “When did you meet the others?” he asks. Samona tilts her head to the side. “A little after their debut. And met Mimi at one of the concerts.” she says.

 

Henry nods. “So your family traveled a lot.” he says. Samona nods. “Yeah, it’s fun. Get to meet a lot of different people and make friends.” she says. “But that’s not to say that it’s not troublesome at the same time.” she adds.

“So you’ve lived in China, South Korea, and America?”

“Yeah, and Japan too.”

“Why so many places?”

“For family. But for the past couple of years now we’ve been settled here and just visit others for the holidays and times like that.”

 

Samona lets out a sigh before looking at Henry. She then looks back at the ground. “So, how long have you remembered?” she asks.

“I never forgot.” Henry replies.

“Then how come you never said anything to me when I attended the concerts?”

“Because I didn’t know what to say to you to if you, yourself, remembered.”

“Then what about when we bumped into each other at the mall?”

“Well when I asked how you knew me, you didn’t say that we knew each other, so I thought that you forgot.”

“I only answered that way because I thought you were the one that forgot.”

“I guess we both were thinking the same way.”

“Yeah, so what about you asking me out?”

“I asked you out because I wanted to.”

“And why is that?”

“Because when we were younger, I loved having you around.”

 

Henry looks at Samona. He then reaches out and takes Samona’s hand into his. “I really wanted to be around you and feel that way again.” he says. Samona smiles. “I’m glad to hear that.” she says. Samona looks up at Henry. “You don’t know how much I’ve missed you.” she says. Henry looks at Samona and smiles. “I’ve missed you too.” he says moving closer to her.

 

The sound of the door opening makes Henry and Samona sit back away from each other. “Hey guys, we’re here.” a voice calls. The others let out a round of groans. Minako and Raina walks around the counter and in view of them. “Not really the greeting I was expecting.” Raina says. Heechul shakes his head. “It’s not that. It’s just that you interrupted a SamRy moment.” he says.

 

“SamRy?” Minako asks. The boys point to Samona and Henry, who looks at each other and shrugs. “So I’m guessing he remembers?” Minako asks as she and Raina sits down. Samona nods. “Yeah, he does.” she answers smiling. Raina smiles. “Cheerful Samona is always good to see.” she says. “Someone take a picture.” she adds. Leeteuk looks at Raina. “That’s a good idea. We should take some pictures.” he says.

 

“We need a group picture.” Hangeng says after a few minutes. A second later the door open and one of the workers turn the corner. “Hello.” she greets bowing. “I’m here to clean up any mess that’s in the way.” she says. Siwon stands up. “We don’t have any trash but would you take this picture for us?” he asks. The woman nods and Heechul hands her his phone. The others move around for the picture.

 

Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Samona, and Henry stay in their seats on the couch. In front of them Donghae sat on the floor along with Minako, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, and Kibum. Behind the couch, Zhoumi stood with Siwon, Raina, Hangeng, Heechul, Leeteuk, Kangin, and Shindong. “Is everyone ready?” the woman asks. When everyone nods, the woman presses the button and seconds later a flash and click sound goes off, telling them that the picture was taken.

 

“Thank you.” Siwon says taking the phone from the woman. The woman nods. “Welcome.” she says before bowing and walking back out the room. Siwon hands the phone back to Heechul and everyone takes turns looking at the phone. “It looks like it came out alright.” Donghae says sitting back down.

 

~~half hour later~~

“Call us soon so that we can get together again.” Eunhyuk says as everyone was putting on their shoes and coats. Raina turns to him. “Of course. If possible we should make plans for next weekend or whenever you guys’ schedule would allow It.” she says. The others nod. A few minutes later, they were walking out the room. The group says bye to the workers as they leave the building.

 

Henry takes Samona’s hand into his as they walk toward the cars. Samona looks at him and smiles. Henry smiles back. “So should I count this as a date, or should I try again?” he asks. Samona pushes her glasses up on her face. “I don’t know. I think it could be counted as one, just with a lot of chaperones.” she says making Henry let out a laugh.

 

“Well the next one should be different.” Henry says. “It might not be as long as this one because of schedule but next time it’ll just be me and you.” he says. Samona nods. “I would like that very much.” she says. The two stops walking. Samona looks toward her sisters, who were walking to their car. She then looks back as Henry. “Well…this is good bye for today.” she says.

 

Henry pulls Samona to him and hugs her. Samona smiles, hugging back. Samona kisses Henry on the cheek before moving away. Slowly walking backwards her hand slides from his. “I’ll see you later.” she says smiling. Henry smiles back. “Of course.” he replies. With that, Samona turns away and follows her sisters to the car. Before getting into the car, Samona waves to Henry.

 

Henry waves back. He then feels someone pat him on the back. He turns around to see the others standing there. “Such a cute couple.” Siwon says as they walk to the cars. “It’s about time you two started talking to each other again.” he adds. Henry nods. “I feel stupid for not doing it earlier.” he says. “She’s still the same Samona. So I should be okay right?” he asks.

 

Zhoumi pats him on the back. “You two are like perfect for each other. You’ll be fine.” he says. Shindong nods. “Yeah, as you just said, she’s the same Samona. And you know her.” he states. Henry nods. Heechul stretches as they stop next to the cars. “Ah, the SamRy moments that is sure to some. Must remember to record them so that I can use them against you later.” he says.

 

“Use against me? How would you be able to do that?” Henry asks. Kyuhyun looks at Henry. “It’s Heechul, he’ll find a way.” he says. “Now come on, time to get home and rest for tomorrow.” he adds. Henry shakes his head as he unlocks his car door and gets in. Along with him, Zhoumi, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun also get into the car. With everyone within a car, they pull out, heading toward their apartments.