2.

That Summer, He Found My Diary!

2.

 

Shaking your head while getting into the subway, you thought back of your encounter with that weird guy. Is he that stupid? Or was he trying to be funny? Who the hell doesn't know how to push a card into the slot? Oh, did I mention he's also wearing a mask? Like, seriously? It's quite humid today and we're at the subway, yeorobeun.

You laughed to yourself. With a hint of amusement, a smile tingled on your lips as you glanced down at your bag. This was definitely going into your diary. Rummaging through your bag, you searched for your pink fluffy notebook which was nowhere to be found. Impatient, you started to pour everything out on your lap, but it was not in sight. Panicking slightly, your eyes darted around the train to see if you dropped it somewhere. There was nothing. Your head spun, you couldn't risk anybody opening that book which literally contained all of your secrets. You tried to keep yourself composed and calm, for you knew panic wouldn't bring you anywhere. Think, Son Mi Hye. Think. Where did you put it? Did you leave it at home? But I clearly remember bringing it out today! 

Feeling like you were going nuts as your inner thoughts began to debate, your thoughts then headed into one conclusion as all the other possibilities were being crossed out: You had dropped it earlier during the encounter with Baekhyun. You wanted to cry. Luck clearly wasn't on your side, for it has chosen the guy you had utterly humiliated and disrespected, to have the biggest possibility of having your diary right now. That would've also meant, he was the biggest suspect of reading through your diary while having the time of his life laughing out loud now.
 

This wasn't happening. You had refused to accept reality as you buried your hands into your palms and sighed deeply. Why, lord? I have been a wonderful child since my birth! Whatever answered you were the quick swishes of the cold air inside the train, as everyone felt invisible to you. You were alone.



             "Ahhh!!!" You screamed in agony, which was the only option left open for you: vent your anger. There was no turning back now, you couldn't turn back in time and get back your diary, and maybe even be nicer to that poor guy. Thinking about it now, maybe if you had been nicer to him, this whole problem would've been a whole lot easier. Maybe if you had taken the initiative to help him with his card, he would've kindly chased after you and returned your diary right now. But of course, none of this was going to happen since you yourself had already known the ugly truth.
 
You were being a horrible back there.

 

 

                                                                                        *****

 

Lying against the door frame of the subway, he took the pink fluffy book out in his hands again. He had no idea why he was so excited over this diary. Perhaps it was because of her mind blowing personality that caught him off guard. You had captivated him with your personality and way of talking, in a bad way of course. It wasn't entirely a bad impression either, he thought. Maybe without your skillful and sharp tongue, he actually thought you were pretty cute. Let's see what this little chick's got in here. Flipping to a random page of the book, he read it with a playful smile on his lips:


170412
Today, MiCha kept bugging me about the newly debuted group, EXO. It's so annoying, and she wouldn't shut up unless I watched 
their music video, History. Man, what is up with fangirls lol. Get a life OTL hahaha maybe if they actually used more time on studying, they won't become useless bums in the future. With the exception of Mi Cha, of course. I love her, she's my best friend. And, she's smart despite being a fangirl. Out of the ordinary, huh? That's why i love her. Sensible yet.... insane. *rolls eyes* Anyway, back to the point. The song was pretty catchy itself, voices were great. Dance moves were powerful, so i guess i'm fine with this group.

Baekhyun grinned to himself. Somehow, he felt really happy that even a girl like you with such a intriguing and a sense of bluntness personality could be fond of their music. He felt accomplished, and happy.For some reason, he really wanted the recognition of yours. You weren't exactly important, heck, he didn't even know you yet. It was just that your expectations seemed to be over the top, and he was already used to the full of praises, this seemed to be something new to him. Critism. He had never really came across critics, thus the intriguing spark in him when he came across, you. An exotic, huh... However, all the little sparks of happiness drained off when he continued reading the rest of your entry. 

 


There is this one guy who irks me more than any of them, though. I don't know his name, but his appearance is simply disturbing. Yes, fine. He was able to sing, but when it came to his face. He wasn't ugly. But those eyeliners were really uneccesary. They stood out his eyes in a creepy manner and I just don't like him.

His eyes squinted into two straight lines as his lips curled into another pout. He furrowed his brows and crossed his arms childishly. He was really offended by your remarks, for he had honestly thought he looked great and charismatic in the eyeliner. Fans had always told him he looked better than girls in eyeliner. Another critism, he thought. The remark itself was already a total turn off to him. Maybe he was facinated about one critism and your overflowing charisma, but he wasn't positive his cheery self could take any more of her critics. Sighing, he closed the book with a snap, and kept it safely into his bag again. An idea then appeared in his mind. He wasn't sure it was a good decision, but he realised he had no other choice. He then made an abrupt decision:Son Mi Hye, Dongdaemyun Street 12, I'm coming for you.

With a light smirk, he stepped out of the subway and made his way to the entrance. Confidence, Baek Hyun. This one's a tough one, you'd need confidence.

 

                                                                            *****



              "Thank you! Please come again!" Lightly bowing, you smiled widely as the customer left. Almost immediately, a frown was plastered all over your face again. The incident in the morning and the misplacement of your diary was already a total misery to you, you couldn't get your mind off it, and your sister, Mi Rye, could already sense the obvious, from your occasional frowns to your creased eyebrows. You were really bothered by it.

              "Yah, what's wrong?" Mi Rye asked. Realising she wouldn't be much of a great help even if you told her anyways, you decided to keep mum about it and shrugged it off. It wasn't like she could help, so why would you make someone else hold the burden together with you? Yes, you were this considerate. Told you I wasn't a mean person! Ding Ding Ding!!! Your train of thoughts were disrupted when the doors flung open. The bells attached onto the doors started ringing, bringing you back to reality as your gaze shifted to the doors. Bowing 90 degrees, you carried your fake smile which has been on this whole day, before greeting in the most cheery and happy voice you could muster. You hated it, of course. It was all for the sake of your dad's bakery.

As you regained your posture, you couldn't help but stare at the customer, with your mouth agape. All puzzle pieces seemed to fit into one, and you could see the picture clearly. That man standing right at your door was Byun Baek Hyun, the one whom you didn't exactly like in EXO. Those eyes and hairstyle... You mentally hit yourself on the head for not realising they belonged to the same person. Then you realised- you had dissed an idol this morning, and there was a huge possibility he was holding onto your diary right now. Your gaze then dropped down to his hand, which was holding onto your pink fluffy notebook possessively. You mentally groaned and did a sarcastic clap for yourself in the head. Bingo, Son Mi Hye. Congratulations, you idiot.

 


             "Good evening to you too, Son Mi Hye." He mocked lightly, with a grin plastered on his face. You couldn't believe this was happening. The oh so mighty eyeliner king Byun Baek Hyun, the idol in EXOK, the guy you dissed earlier, the moron who couldn't slot a card in, the guy holding onto your precious diary with every single secret of yours included, was standing in front of you with your diary in his hands. Your throat becomes dry as your breath hitches. Your saliva felt as though it got stuck in between your throat. You were actually nervous of his presence. You stood frozen for a moment before fidgeting back to your position again. Without any hint of nervousness or shock, you shrugged with a look of nonchalance as you spoke, " You, come to the back with me,"
 
 
 
Edited&Updated on:
140612
1,553 words