1.

That Summer, He Found My Diary!

1.

 

 

               "Get. In." Baekhyun gritted. For the third time, the standard ticket that he bought wouldn't enter, and he had to return it in order to retrieve his deposit. Being utterly embarrassed and feeling helpless, his mouth felt dry and suddenly, all he wished for in life was just for the ticket to slot in nicely. Again and again, it wouldn't enter, opposing his wish as though it was alive and making fun of him. Swallowing his saliva, he felt small and stupid. A grown up man being unable to function the machine properly? That was just a joke. The bystanders weren't making his life easier, either. The sniggering sounds made by them apparently just added on to his pressure, as nobody was nice enough to actually step up and help the poor guy out. The card stood there, in the middle of the slot, staring back at him as he stared at it, wanting to give up, hoping it would just listen to him miraculously. That didn't happen, of course. It was lifeless.


             "Oh lord, please." He muttered, as he glanced back at the beeline made behind, with displeased expressions on their faces muttering incoherently. He, however didn't realise you standing behind him, with your arms folded and eyebrows creased, starting to get annoyed by the latter's stupidity. You had been standing behind for quite a while now, and was losing your patience by the second. You weren't like the normal girls, the gentle, considerate and understanding. You were blunt, straightforward and lacks patience, the total opposite of a guy's expectation towards a girl. Not that you cared, of course. All that matters to you was that you were happy with who you are, and that was the biggest importance in life.

Why become someone else when you're happy being you, and that makes you you? You always said, and believed in. You hated the guts of skimpy and tiny shy girls, those just made you nauseous. You were real, you were one of a kind. You were the average plain jane in your usual attire, skinny jeans and tee shirts. You weren't the kind to wear something you didn't feel uncomfortable with, just to please and attract the attention of men. Those are just plain stupidity and nonsensical. That was your opinion. Of course, the plain jane could always turn into a goddess if she wanted to. But you didn't, and that was the point. Tapping your feet on the ground as you poked your tongue towards your cheek which hinted annoyance, you heaved out a sigh of frustration before turning your gaze towards something else, easing your frustration.

            "Moron." Baekhyun heard, as his face burnt into different shades of red. Turning around, he met your gaze. Well, you can't blame me if it's my first time taking the train now, could you? Idols don't take train, they take their own personalised vans, okay? With a mask attached onto his face, he squeaked as you looked into his adorable eyes, "Could you help me?" 

Now look, you were nice. You weren't the mean or rude kind of girl, just blunt and straightforward, which might sometimes result in being characterized as mean. This was a perfect example, Baekhyun was really being a moron. You rolled your eyes again and unfolded your arms. Guess it's just not my day. "Oh lord, could he get any stupider," You whispered to yourself, unfortunately letting him caught it.

             "And I would like it if you weren't so mean, ." he turned nasty. Something in him just snapped. Afterall, how could the oh so mighty and respected Byun Baek Hyun tolerate being classified as a moron?

 
            "Well if you were me," You spat as you gently pushed the card in and it just slotted in nicely. Oh, so all I had to do was give it a push instead of expecting it to slot in by itself. He turned even redder. "Wouldn't you hate wasting time on stupid people like yourself?" You continued, as he felt his ego being broken into pieces, before getting ran over by a truck five times. Plop, went his coin, as you reached down to retrieve it, placing it on his palm.

           "Because I would." You smiled fakely, before giving him a gentle push to the side. A final roll of your eyes were given before Baekhyun was just there, feeling totally crumbled up. His pride was no where in place, for he had just been humiliated by a girl. A girl with a bizzarre personality, he thought. It was very intriguing in a sense, he remembered how she was just straightforward and didn't hide any of her opinions. However, he was still mad, of course. His brain couldn't erase the way how she just swatted and critisized him away like he was nothing. 

          "Meanie..." Baekhyun pouted inwardly, as you could already sense his sense of adorablity in his voice. You suppressed a smile from growing on your lips, and remained your nonchalant poker face. You still viewed him as a weird guy, though. For his attire could not be slipped off your mind.

          "Wearing masks at the subway... Does he think he's a celebrity or something." With a final shake of your head, you scoffed and left with the card, accidentally hitting him on his shoulders in the process. It was an accident, you thought, as he on the other hand viewed it as a form of unsatisfaction. He hated being loathed on, he just wasn't the type. 
"Well what if I am?! " He hollered, only to receive weird states from the others, as you just shook your head with a light chuckle. Nobody has ever treated him this way, he was always able to get away with his adorable face and beautiful, amazing voice. His pout became more visible, as he looked down in agony. Such a bad day, having a fight with my parents, the card, and now getting the mean treatment! What sorcery?! His eyes were caught on a pink coloured book that had just landed on the ground. I didn't see that earlier... His eyes glistened with curiousity. Flipping the first page open, it greeted him:
 
Son Mi Hye, 19. Please send this notebook to Street 12 Dongdaemyun at a restaurant Exotic if found! Open this at your own risk, I will kill you if you do.
 
At the bottom was attached with a picture of you with an ahjumma and ahjussi that had almost similar features with you, they were your parents. He hadn't expected this, for a girl like you to be keeping diaries at this age. You loved expressing yourself through writing since young, and has been keeping a diary since forever. You had always wrote down every little thing that happened in your life. Every little secret, every little dirty, embarrassing secret. A diary, huh...
 
The sadness and agony on his face was instantly wiped off his face, replaced by an excited and smug look. With a twinkle of excitement in his eyes, Baekhyun smirked lightly to himself. This was going to be interesting.
 
 
Updated on:
140612
1,183 words