4.

That Summer, He Found My Diary!

 

 

4.

 

You glanced at the clock. 1.48AM. A frowned immediately was painted over your face as you  stared back at your math book again. For the fifth time staring at your algebraic questions as it simply stared back you, you still didn’t get it. You never understood math anyways, you didn’t like that subject, or so you say. But in order to pass your exams before you graduate, you had to force yourself to like it no matter you liked it or not. In order to ace a subject, you must learn to like it first. Your dad always told you.

“How the heck am I supposed to like it when I hate it so much?” You thought aloud and groaned. Yawning, you pouted as your head turned back, to see Baekhyun closing his eyes, lying on the bed next to yours, the bed Mi Rye always used when she came for a sleepover. The only reason why you had your own apartment was because you usually stayed up till late at night to study, and your parents figured you needed your own space. It’s nearer to your school, anyways.

You scowled as you stared at Baekhyun’s innocent sleeping face. It was so innocent and angelic it irked you. It irked you that here he was, freeloading and allowed to sleep, while you weren’t. You still couldn't believe you actually agreed to his ridiculous deal. You cursed him while he slept peacefully, ranting at how it's all his fault. Though, clearly it wasn’t his fault you were stupid at Math.

“Stupid bacon… Not fair.” You mumbled, as your vision was focused at your math book yet again. Okay, let’s try this again, okay? So. We need to find x, and these are what they give you… Follow these formulas and,

Your formula is wrong,” All of a sudden, a voice spoke huskily. You whipped your head around to find yourself this close to Baekhyun’s half asleep face, which caused you to jerk back involuntarily, hitting yourself on the cupboard. “Ow!” You whimpered, as your hand crept up to the spot which was right now becoming to bruise. You scowled at him.

“What the heck are you doing here? Go back to sleep and don’t cause me problems the first day you’re here!” you growled, the anger in your body from the frustrations of being unable to solve the problem all coming out right now.

“You were talking to yourself really loudly, and the light is too bright. I can’t sleep, so might as well..” His gaze shifted to your math book and nodded towards it. He wants to help me?

Huh, am I supposed to apologise for disturbing you, then?” You rolled your eyes. You clearly weren’t in the mood to accept somebody’s help. Since young, you hated needing help. You didn’t want to show as though you’re weak. You were independent, and you wanted to keep it this way.

“Look, I’m trying to help. You’re getting nowhere by yourself.”

“That’s for me to worry about. I don’t need your help, go away.” You spat arrogantly, as he sighed.

“You’re making things hard for the both of us. If you’re this prideful, I won’t be able to sleep, and neither will you. Do you want to finish this or not?” He gave you a questioning look, as you frowned. This doesn’t seem like a bad idea… Your eyes shifted to the clock again. 2.15AM. You had school tomorrow and you couldn’t afford to sleep in class. You nodded lightly and shifted to the side, giving him space as he moved a chair over and picked up a pencil.

“Let’s see…” His eyes scrutinized the math problem, as you looked at him with a blank look, scanning his delicate features for the second time today. From his adorable eyes, to his cheeks that were occasionally puffing out. He does that when he’s thinking hard, you smiled a little. Your gaze then shifted to his lips. His lips ,you thought. His lower lip darted out, forming a small pout. You were starting to think that you’re crazy, for checking a guy’s face out. But you had to admit, he had a really adorable face, and you had a thing for guys with adorable people. Wait, what am I thinking?

“Hello?” Baekhyun waved a hand over your face to get your attention, as you regained your posture immediately.

“U-uh?” You blinked, as he laughed at you, for your face resembled a lost child’s. He nodded towards your math textbook, and began explaining, step by step. For a little while, you couldn’t help but stare at his mesmerizing face again and registered it into your brain. He was attractive, no doubt.

After some explaining, you finally got something in your head and began to realize what mistakes you had done wrong all these while. “Oh! So that was all you have to do?” You asked in bewilderment.

“Yup.” He patted your head fondly while replying you, as you blushed. No man has ever patted your head, other than your father. You shook the thought away, as you closed your textbook.

“Thank you.” You whispered as he got up from his seat and headed to bed.

“Don’t mention it, you’re giving me a place to stay anyways.” Your eyes rounded at his nice comment.

“Are you always like that?” You asked.

“Like what?”

“Like, all mean and everything but all of a sudden, nice like a freak. It’s creepy, honestly.” You raised an eyebrow as he pouted. Oh, stop pouting. You’re distracting me with your lips.

“I’m not like that!”

“Sure.” You said with sarcasm, as he broke into a grin and got under the covers.

“You know, I hate giving up my bedtime so you should be honoured I actually bothered to help you.”

It was your turn to smile. “Now this is more like it.”

You turned off the lights and darted to bed. Closing your eyes, he spoke. “ I heard you just now,” He commented.

“Heard what?”

“About your hate for math.”

“Oh, that. Yeah, why?”

“Don’t hate it anymore. Because in order to ace a subject, you have to learn to like it first.”

You froze. That was exactly what your father had told you. He’s really creepy.

“You’re really weird, you know that?” You mumbled, shifting your body around to find a comfortable spot.

He frowned. “Goodnight to you too, Son Mi Hye!’’ He laughed. It was melodious, like bells ringing against your eardrums. Unconsciously, you smiled softly, closing your eyes and drifting into sleep. Maybe he’s not as bad as I thought, afterall.

 
Updated 160612
1,077 words.
Comment and get free cookies!