» everything's fine until you get home

Playboy, Flowerboy

MUSIC.

 

After lunch, your final two periods passed without much going on. They were pretty average compared to your other ones, to be honest. Your last period teacher finished the lesson early and assigned barely any work, much to the class' excitement, so everyone could clean up and leave on time. You took a broom and started sweeping between the rows of desks. Really, the room didn't need to be cleaned. It was spotless this morning and it was now. It can't hurt to be too clean, eh?

Sunwoo raced his broom past yours and blocked you between two desks. He held his broom in one hand and rested against the side of desk. "So, how was your first day here?"

You turned in his opposite direction to sweep the non-existent mess and turned back to face him. "Pretty good -- a lot better than I expected. Thanks." You smiled back at him, since he and the rest of B1A4 kind of contributed to your good day.

The bell rang as you returned your broom to its area. You grabbed your bag quickly and walked out with Seungyoon again. He was a pretty cool guy, you had to admit. At first you were worried about people being stuck up or simply thinking you were lower since you were new, but nope. Everyone -- aside from Hwayoung -- was pretty welcoming. He moved his fringe out of his eyes and asked, "You're not planning on staying here to study, right?"

"Nope. I'll be studying at home." You could do that since you were taking a semi-hiatus of sorts at the club. Besides, you needed to get your sleeping schedule close to normal again; Yonsei Academy was serious about education and it had a faster pace of teaching from what you saw today. The stuff you pulled at your old high school probably couldn't run here.

"Good. Teachers that are stuck with supervising the study groups get kind of. . .moody. I guess you could say. It's like their form of detention," he laughed. "But if you need someone to study with, I'm here. We could meet up somewhere if you'd want."

"Really? Thanks," you said and smiled. No doubt, you'd definitely need Seungyoon at some point. Whether it be around finals week or this week, it was always good to have someone like that. You two met the spot where the hall split. "Which way are you going?" you asked.

He pointed casually towards the right. "Over there. You?"

You pointed towards the left where your locker was. "There. See you tomorrow then." You waved goodbye to each other before going different directions.

When you got your books, you left campus grounds and crossed the parking lot, heading towards the bus stop at the corner. Sure, you might've felt a bit out of place when you saw the other students with their cars, motorcycles, or own personal drivers, but you knew that that was their life and this was yours. You couldn't afford to have that. Waste not, want not.

The ride was quick, twenty-five minutes at most from Y.A. Your little sister, Kyoung Mi, was already there since she had gotten a ride from her friend.

"How was school?" you asked, setting your books down next to her. 

"Good," she replied and continued to write. She was a middle school student, but this was her last year before entering high school. She put her pencil down and looked back at you. "How was yours, unnie?"

You dropped your backpack by your books and went to get water. "Same," you said and continued walking towards the kitchen. She followed.

"Unnie-ah, are the students there as good-looking as Min said?"

Of course she'd ask this. And of course she'd use the generic term "students" when she meant "guys." You got a cup of water and drank it slowly before answering. Kyoung Mi tried to look patient. "No one looks like trash. And I only know one guy younger than me but still older than you," you replied.

She pouted at you and looked like she was going to show merong. "I wasn't going to ask that."

You gave her a look that saw right through her defense.

"Maybe a little," she admitted.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Anyways, have you eaten yet?"

She shook her head. "I've been studying."

You clicked your tongue in disapproval. The thing about Kyoung Mi was that she studied -- and that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, you know, if she ate. She's easily stressed out about some things, and school and stress is practically its own OTP. And when your sister is stressed, she doesn't eat at all.

"At least drink something," you told her and took a banana milk out of the fridge. "Take a break and go watch TV, okay?"

"Alright," she said, slightly reluctant, and left.

You left your cup to dry after washing it and went to tell your mom that you made it home. Before you open the door to your parents' bedroom though, you heard her giggling and talking affectionately to "Minhyukie." She sounded like she was your age. But that didn't distract you from the fact that she was talking to someone who wasn't your dad. Your lips pressed into a line. So she's doing it again. Knocking on the door, you pretended to not have heard their conversation.

Her tone turned business-like instantly. "Yes, Friday will be perfect for the meet. Ah, I have to go. Goodbye." She hung up and you opened the door.

"Just wanted to tell you I'm home," you said. "How was work?"

"Busy as usual. Tell me about your first day at dinner, alright?"

You nodded. "Don't take on too much~" The words had a double meaning.

She patted your shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry about me, I'm not the one going to Yonsei Academy." She went back into her room and you went into yours.

After a disappointed sigh, you took out your phone and called the bank.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hellooooo again :) thank you all for subscribing! so school is out for me! :D and after this week (it's packed full of appointments ㅠㅠ) i'll be able to update more. and do you guys mind that my chapters are so long? i try to limit them but i just have a muse going for this heh. anyways, see you in the next update! x

P.S.

comments are appreciated omg