Get the Party Started

I'm Engaged to a BEAST???

 

Onew’s POV

I squeezed my eyes shut, clenching my fist into a tight fist. I should tell them about it. “I think I’ve fallen for Yuri,” I blurted out.

I chose the worst possible timing to tell Jonghyun and Key about my feelings toward Yuri because at that exact moment, Taemin and Minho came out from their rooms and heard all I had said.

“Bwoh?” Minho gasped, stunned. “Jinki hyung, you have a crush on Yuri?!”

“But I thought that it was Jonghyun hyung who likes her!” Taemin chimed in, amazed as well.

Jonghyun frowned. “Me? Like Yuri in that way? Since when did I ever make it seem like that?” he wanted to know, folding his arms across his chest. He looked at me. “Since when?”

“Since I first laid eyes on her,” I murmured softly. “When she first walked into the room, I thought she was beautiful. But then when I realized she was engaged, I knew that there was no chance for me. But . . .” I hesitated, thinking about all those times Yuri would smile and laugh with me, it made me wished I’d been closer to her.

“But?” Taemin pressed.

I sighed. “But the more I got to know her, the harder I fell for her.” I looked at Key. “You knew her the best. Did you ever not have fallen for her?”

Key shook his head. “Anni,” he replied. “She was like my little sister. I never thought about Yuri in that way. She was only my good friend.” He looked over at Taemin. “Did you ever like her?”

Taemin shook his head.

“Actually, I agree with Taemin,” Minho spoke up. “I had a feeling that Jonghyun hyung would have been the one who had a crush on Yuri, you know, because he was being distant with her.”

“But we never suspected you,” Key nodded. He looked at me, frowning thoughtfully. I saw him glancing at the clock behind me and I knew he was torn staying here with me and going to Mir.

“Mir needs you more,” I told him. “Don’t worry about me here. I’ve still got the other guys to keep me company. I’m fine, okay?”

He nodded, shooting me a fleeting look before he turned and walked out of the apartment, heading over to see if his best friend was okay.

 Taemin eyed me carefully. “Hyung . . .”

“I’m fine,” I said weakly. “Don’t worry about me, okay? Besides, I already knew that I would never stand a chance with her.”

“All this time?” Minho wanted to know.

I nodded. “I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t want to confuse her. And I doubt that she likes me in that way, anyway.”

Taemin shook his head. “I once asked her to tell me what she thought about you guys. She said Key hyung was like a mother, Minho hyung was like a father. She said that Dino hyung —”

“Yah, why am I a Dino?” Jonghyun protested.

Minho threw a pillow in his direction and he caught it with ease. “Because you are,” he shot back.

“Anyway,” Taemin went on, ignoring Jonghyun, “she told me that Dino hyung was . . . well, I can’t remember because that time they still weren’t friends.” Jonghyun looked away, embarrassed. Taemin just looked at me. “When she got to you, she told me that you were really funny even though you don’t try to be and she thinks you’re really cool and she loves your smile. She said that you made her feel very comfortable and she finds you very understanding.”

“So she basically looked at him like a big brother,” Minho guessed.

Taemin winced sympathetically and nodded.

I shrugged because I already knew that I was going to be like this, that I would be considered as another one of her ‘big brothers’.

That didn’t really sting because I had already expected it.

Ding dong!

“I wonder who that could be,” Minho mused as he got up to answer the door. “Omo!”

We looked up and when he came back, we saw that he was back with Yuri.

I stiffened.

“Hi,” she said tentatively. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled shyly and I wished she did not do that. Does she not realize the effect she has on me? She looked around. “Oh? Where is Key Umma?”

“She — I mean he — went out,” Jonghyun said and Minho sniggered that he mistook Key as a girl. It wouldn’t be the first time, since Key usually acted like one at times.

“Oh.”

“We were just going out as well,” Jonghyun added, winking at me and I glared at him, and he grabbed his coat from the couch. He nudged the others and they all took the hint.

Ignoring my glares and Yuri’s confused looks, Minho and Taemin grabbed their coats as well.

The three of them ran out of the house, laughing so evilly because they knew I was going to murder them when they get home.

Yuri looked at them . . . or where they once stood. “Where are they going?” she wanted to know. She shook her head and turned to me. She smiled and I wished that she wouldn’t.

She walked over to the couch and sat down. I remained where I was, frozen.

What am I going to do?

She looked up. “Oppa,” she said in a singsong voice, “how are you?” She dangled her legs off the couch and grinned at me.

I came, stiffly, over to her and sat down next to her. “So, I heard that you chose Kikwang.”

She nodded and beamed and I could tell that she was very happy with her decision. “Neh,” she replied. She giggled. “I really love Kikwang.” She looked at me. “Are you okay? You looked a bit stiff.”

Because you’re here.

“Yuri, I . . .” I looked at her. Damn, why does she make my heart flutter like this? I caressed her cheek and she froze, because I’ve never done this before. I was never this close to her before.

Confess to her! Just confess saying that you love her and tell her that you want a chance with her even though it’s really useless!

“Oppa?”

I snapped out of it and realized that my palm was still on her face. I removed my hands. “Mian,” I said sheepishly. “It’s just that I’m really happy for you, that you’re happy.” I smiled and I knew what I was going to do. “You should know that I really care about you.”

“You do?”

I nodded. I leaned forward and kissed the tip of her nose. “Yuri, I love you.”

She blinked, frozen. “B – Bwoh?” she stammered.

I nodded and took her hands in mine. I caressed her hand with my thumb softly. “Yuri-yah,” I said softly, “I really love you. I’ve loved you from the first moment I met you.”

“Oppa . . .”

I smiled and hugged her. Then I looked into her eyes. “Yuri, I love you . . . like my little sister.”

She blinked. Then she threw a pillow in my direction which I skillfully dodged it, laughing. “Yah, I thought that you were confessing your undying love for me and that you wanted me to give you a chance!”

I wanted to, but I didn’t want to confuse you.

“Have you packed your clothes for New Year?” I asked her and the tensed atmosphere that I was feeling was gone. It was back to the normal, friendly atmosphere when I didn’t admit my feelings to anyone. I put my arms around her and she snuggled up against me. “You are leaving in two days’ time, right?”

She nodded and sighed happily. “I’m really glad that Appa let me go to Starhill with Teen Top. He told me at first that there was something he wanted me to do with BEAST so then I took the opportunity and told him that they had invite me over.”

“Is that so?” I was awed. “And he let you go just like that?”

She nodded. “Neh.”

Ah, this girl is really like a big bundle of joy.

“Ah, Yuri-yah, can I ask you an important question?” I asked her seriously.

She stopped smiling, suddenly aware of the slightly more serious atmosphere. She took in my grim expression. “What is it, Oppa?” she asked me. She looked worried. “What’s the matter?”

“You’re seventeen,” I said, “so why do you act as though you are fourteen?”

“Yah!” Yuri laughed and threw another pillow at me. “Why are you suddenly making fun of me? Oppa, aish, jeongmal! You’re so mean.”

I tweaked her nose and she giggled. I smiled. If all I can ever be is her ‘brother’, then that is what I will be to Yuri. I will not make things hard for her.

 

Yuri’s POV

It was the night before I was supposed to leave for New Year. I decided to go and sleep over at Teen Top’s place so that we could leave earlier. Minzy was there too. It was like our own mini-sleepover.

Joon promised he’d take care of Pride for me while I was gone and brought him home to MBLAQ’s dorm so that the others would take good care of him too. I know that Cheon Doong would be especially happy. He loves cats.

When I reached Teen Top’s dorm, L.Joe answered the door for me. He beamed when he saw it was me. “Yuri ah!” he cried, throwing his arms around me. “Ah, the whole gang is finally here!”

I walked in with L.Joe and found CAP, Niel, Changjo and Ricky playing a game of Monopoly. They looked up to see me and they stopped their game. “Yuri-yah!”

CAP smiled. “L.Joe was anxious, waiting for you.”

I turned to him and found him blushing. “Anniyo,” L.Joe muttered under his breath. When I gave him a Look, he sighed and scratched the back of his nape. “Okay, fine, but that was only because I was bored.”

“It’s not our fault you easily lost in the game,” Niel teased and exchanged high-fives with Changjo and Ricky. CAP just smirked.

L.Joe rolled his eyes. “I gave you guys a chance,” he shot back but he looked embarrassed.

“Where are Chunji and Minzy?” I asked, looking around the place. “I don’t see them anywhere.”

“They’re inside,” Niel said, jerking his thumb toward the bedroom door. He groaned. “They’ve been in there for about half an hour already.”

Ricky pulled a face. “You don’t think that they’re . . . you know . . . doing it?” he asked in a strangled whisper.

“Maybe,” Niel said, his eyes twinkling.

Changjo looked slyly at me. “I wouldn’t mind doing it with Noona,” he said and gave me a wink.

I laughed, shaking my head in amusement while L.Joe just scowled and whacked him on the head.

“Yah, she’s engaged,” CAP chided. “And besides, you’ll never stand a chance with her.”

“Never?” Changjo’s face fell.

I laughed and walked over to him, giving him a hug. “Aw, Changie, you’re so adorable. If I was younger, I would so go for you.”

He beamed and I ruffled his hair.

“Yah, yah, don’t get any dirty thoughts in your head,” L.Joe spoke up and pulled me back, wrapping his arms around my waist. “Watson and Sherlock come in a package deal. You can’t take that away!” He pouted.

I laughed. “Skinship devil,” I remarked and he just hugged me even tighter, nestling his head on my shoulder.

Finally the door opened and Minzy and Chunji stepped out, looking flustered. Oh, gross, please don’t tell me that the two of them really . . .

Niel and Ricky nudged each other and erupted into giggles while CAP shook his head in disapproval. L.Joe and I grimaced. And Changjo winked at me which earned him a glare from the silly Sherlock.

“We heard voices so we thought we’d come out and see what is going on,” Minzy said.

“Sure, sure,” we all teased and they blushed.

Ricky and Changjo exchanged glances and smiled. “Let’s get the party started!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who thought Onew would confess? And aish, Changjo ah! What are you doing?! :P:P haaa. I'm glad, at times like this, that I'd saved all my chapters. Nothing I can do about my subscribers and comments though D: