Feelings of Loss

I'm Engaged to a BEAST???

 

Mir’s POV

I closed my eyes and remembered the night when we were officially together. We had been dating for quite some time back then. Every time I come here, I’d remember that night as if it only happened yesterday.

 

-FLASHBACK-

The boys were over at my house for Games Night, like they were at my house every other Friday night. Yuri came with Joon because her friends were busy. She didn’t mind and the others didn’t mind because they liked Yuri. Sometimes she even joined us in our games.

Everyone had their eyes fixed on the television as Cheon Doong and Joon fought against each other in a boxing match on the Xbox. Yuri was resting her head on my shoulder and my arms were around her.

I looked at her and smiled. I gently her soft cheek with my finger and she looked up to me, smiling so sweetly, snuggling up to me.

She never failed to make my heart flutter whenever she looks at me. I knew I wanted her to be mine before someone else comes and take that claim. I have to ask her before anyone else could. Before L.Joe could.

“Let’s go up to my room,” I whispered into her ear, nuzzling her softly as well and she giggled her cute giggle. She’s a ticklish person. “Everyone else is too busy watching or playing that they won’t notice our absence.”

She nodded and we quietly slipped away up to my room without a notice to the others. I closed the door behind me but I didn’t lock it. When I turned to face her, she was already at the window. I smiled, walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me, resting my head on her chin. “Yuri ah, I really like you,” I began to say.

She smiled, reaching her hand up to touch me on my cheeks. Her hand was so tender, soft, loving and warm. “And I really like you too,” she replied.

“We’ve been dating quite a while, haven’t we?” I smiled, remembering all the dates we’ve gone to. They were the best times.

“Twenty-seven dates,” we said in unison and we burst out laughing.

 “I thought only girls keep actual count on the number of dates we go,” she teased me as we swayed back and forth.

“Well, you’re really special to me,” I murmured, hugging her tightly. “In fact . . . Yuri, I’ve never met a girl quite like you. Every time I go on a date and I see a guy jealousy looking at me, I feel really proud to be seen out with you.” She blushed, which I thought was really cute.

Everything about her is cute.

“Mir Oppa . . .” she said softly.

I turned her around to face me. She refused to meet my eyes so I grasped her chin tightly and lifted her head up to meet my eyes. When I was sure she wouldn’t look away, I dropped my hands to hers and held her hand.

My heart pumped faster. This was it. I have to do it now. This is the moment. I won’t be able to get it back if I miss this chance.

I summoned all my courage, taking a deep breath.

Words, please don’t fail me now.

“Lee Yuri, will you be my official girlfriend? Will you go steady with me” I asked. “And when I say me, I mean only me and no one else?”

She smiled widely and wrapped her arms around my neck tightly, hugging me. “Did you even need to ask?” she asked back. “Yes, in every language.” She giggled. “Yes, yes, yes, YES!”

I laughed, relieved. For a moment I thought that she might say no.

“Did you doubt me?”

“No,” I lied.

She giggled again. I’ll never get tired of hearing her giggle. “You shouldn’t doubt it,” she said. “I’ve liked you ever since I first saw you.”

“Really?” I was surprised. That was when I first fell for her too!

She nodded. “I just didn’t know how to make out my feelings.” She looked at me right in the eye and I pressed my forehead against hers. She smiled. “But now I know what I truly feel: I really like you and I really want you to be my boyfriend.”

I cupped her face and leaned in, closing my eyes. Tonight night, when our lips met, was probably the most perfect night in my entire life.

It was the night she became mine. . . .

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

When I opened my eyes and looked down at my girlfriend, I was surprised to see tears in Yuri’s eyes, streaming down her beautiful and angelic face. I turned her around to face me but she looked down, trying to avoid me, so I made her look up to me by tilting her chin upward, cupping her face. She had no choice but to look at me in the eyes. I wiped her tears away with my thumb.

“Yuri, what’s wrong?” I asked, suddenly having this bad feeling at the pit of my stomach. Something bad is going to happen, but I don’t know what. I frantically searched in my mind to see what could be the possible answers. Could it be related to whatever her dad wanted to see her for? Was that why he took her out early from school?

What could be so bad that made her cry?

I gasped. “Your dad isn’t dying, is he?” I asked her, alarmed. No, this can’t be happening.

She shook her head. “Anniyo. My dad is still perfectly healthy. It’s not him, don’t worry,” she reassured me in a flat tone. But I can tell she was upset about something else.

“What’s wrong?” I pressed.

“It’s nothing.”

“Liar,” I said affectionately. I gave her an Eskimo kiss, which made her give me a small smile. I pressed my lips softly against hers, letting it linger there for a moment. “I knew something was off from the moment you stepped into my room. Yuri, you can’t lie to save your life. You are a terrible liar.” I grasped her chin and made her look back at me. “Yuri, what’s wrong?”

She shook her head. “Can we go to the park?” she asked me. “Please?”

I nodded, letting go. “Sure.”

 

Yuri’s POV

I have to tell him. I have to tell him today. Now. I need to do this before someone else did. If he finds out by himself, he won’t forgive me. And I won't forgive myself either.

“Can I . . . go to the bathroom first?” I asked him pleadingly.

He nodded. “Sure. I’ll be downstairs waiting for you, then,” he said.

I nodded and rushed to the bathroom while he walked out of the door. I closed the door behind me and washed my face with the calm, cooling water. Then I walked out of the bathroom, out of the room, down the stairs to where Mir was waiting for me. He held out my blazer to me and I slipped it on. He took my hand and we walked out to the park in total silence.

I knew Mir was curious and wished I could tell him what was troubling me now but I was trying to find a way to tell him without hurting him too much. But I couldn’t. No matter which way I approached in my mind to tell him, he’s still going to be hurt. It's going to hurt the both of us. So I just kept my head down, even when we reached the park and sat down on a bench.

Mir knew I was struggling to find the words so he hugged me, not needing to say a word. I buried my face in his chest. I wanted to stay like this forever. I didn’t want to break up with the person who made my life so much better.

Finally he couldn’t stand it anymore. He pulled away, groaning, cupping my face to tilt up to meet his eyes. “Yuri, this is killing me. What’s wrong? What can I do to make you feel better? Tell me! I can’t stand your unhappiness! Please, just tell me already!”

“I’m engaged,” I blurted out.

 

Mir’s POV

I’m engaged.

Her words rang in my ear and I froze as my mind slowly processed the words. I was stunned, shocked, speechless, flabbergasted . . . lost.

She's engaged.

“Appa took me out of school to tell me that I’m being set up for an arranged marriage,” she explained, hot tears down her face. “I didn’t want to but he was adamant and you know how I can’t go against him. Cheolyong Oppa, I’m so sorry.” She was crying but I barely heard her.

My mind was spinning in a whirlwind, like a tornado wrecking havoc in my heart. She’s engaged. She is going to marry someone else who is not me. She will have a family with a stranger. He will be the father of her children. He will get to give her the kind of pleasure I’ve dreamt of giving her, now never going to be able to give her. He gets to wake up next to her, see her beautiful face greet him every morning. Those beautiful lips were no longer mine, those hands that hugs me snugly neither. I won’t be able to comfort her when she’s down, and my arms won’t be wrapped around her to hug her and hold her tight, to cuddle up with her and love her.

I clenched my fist tight, not noticing my nails were sinking deep into my skin, not noticing that if I let go, I would have cuts on my palm and it would sting and hurt and probably bleed. I closed my eyes and I saw her being touched, , by a random stranger and it made my heart burned so much it made me want to die.

I wanted to die, knowing that I was losing to Yuri because of that lucky bastard, knowing I’d never be able to make her happy anymore because it’s no longer my job to do so but rather his job.

It won’t be me.

I can’t . . .

She’s not mine anymore.

I looked at her tear-stricken face and I knew she didn’t want it either. Why does it always happen? Is it some kind of sick joke, to make me meet her but can’t have her? How is that fair?

“Mir . . .”

I kissed her, wishing this wouldn’t be the last. I slipped my tongue in her, pulling her close, my hands burying into her soft hair. She didn’t pull away. She wanted this too. “Yuri, is there a way you can get out of it?” I asked.

She shook her head and my heart broke into tinier pieces. “I don’t think so. I’m so sorry. I really am. I don’t want this at all. Umma said she wanted us to marry one another. I don’t know why Appa is doing this. He promised he would never put me up for an arranged marriage. I don’t know why he’s going against his words.”

“With whom?” I dreaded to know.

“Lee Kikwang.”

My heart sank and my shoulders slumped. I knew who he was. My dad was working for his dad. As far as I know, he was rich, good-looking and all girls wanted him. I don’t know about his personality to judge, but it was clear that Yuri’s dad, who was greedy for money, would want her to marry him over me. I may have gained favor in Mr. Lee's eyes, but obviously he would choose money status over me. Money was everything to Mr. Lee. And sure enough, Lee Kikwang has money.

How can I compete with that?

“I don’t want to marry him,” she declared and it made me feel a little bit better that she was against the idea. “He may be rich but he isn’t you. I do not want to marry him. I don’t love him.” She threw herself at me and kissed me fiercely.

I kissed her back, gently guiding her backwards until she was under me. It was a good thing no one was out there at the park. It’s not really a good idea to be making out in a very public area.

“Why don’t we run away?” I asked. I admit, I was desperate to keep Yuri by my side forever. I wanted to be with her, to marry her, I wanted her to have my babies, to wake up next to me every morning. I wanted her love. I am selfish. I want to keep her with me forever. I did not want to give her away to someone who isn't me.

She smiled sadly, cupping my face, my cheeks in a soft manner. “I was thinking of that, to be honest. Mir, I want to,” she whispered, her voice trembling, “so badly. I want to be selfish and do this for you and me, but do you think that it’s wise? We’d be in so much trouble if they ever find us. Besides, think of the long term consequences. It will cost you all your hard work in becoming an idol. I don’t want you to lose that.”

“I don’t care!” I nearly shouted stubbornly. “I don’t care about that. I just want to be with you.” I pouted, hoping my aegyo would at least win her over and work so that we can . . .

She covered my mouth. “But I do. Your aegyo is cute and very tempting, but you know I can't.” She looked down. "I want to go, Mir. I really want to go." She bit her lip and I knew she was seriously considering running away from me.

But then you'll be seperating her from everything she knew again, like when her parents pulled her away from her life in Malaysia, a small voice crept into my mind. She's on her last year of school and her mother passed away not too long ago. Do you really want to make her start life all over again just for your own gain?

I my teeth in frustration. that stupid voice, no matter how true it may be.

But I knew my stupid voice was right.

"Yuri, you can't," I said sadly. "We can't run away."

She looked like she wanted to cry again.

I looked at her. Despite tears falling down from her face, she was still so so breathtakingly beautiful. I would not be surprised if Kikwang ended up falling in love with her. She was beautiful, inside and out. I touched her waist and I looked deep into her eyes. “I want you, Lee Yuri,” I said in a firm and determined voice.

I may not wake up next to her in the mornings like I planned to, but at least I'd have something Lee Kikwang will never be able to her. Her first.

Oh my goodness. I sound like some bastard.

I looked at her. She blushed, knowing what I meant and I knew that she wanted me too. She looked shyly at me. “I want you too,” she mumbled under her breath, avoiding my gaze.

I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. “Yuri, I promise I’ll be gentle.”

She smiled and nodded. “I know,” she replied sweetly, “I trust you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eeeeeeeeeeeeehhh. Who can guess what's going to happen in the next chapter? @@ Nyaaaahh. I'll update tomorrow :PP

Buh-bye for now! ^^