Mixed Feelings

I'm Engaged to a BEAST???

 

Kikwang’s POV

I drove home in silence. I turned over to see Yuri sleeping, exhausted. I glanced at the rearview mirror and saw her purple elephant seated behind me. I chuckled to myself as I turned back to a sleeping Yuri.

She was so adorable.

Finally we reached her house around eleven-thirty. It was a good thing I had told her father that I would be bringing her home late.

I sat there, torn about what I should do now with Yuri. Should I wake her up or let her wake up herself? But then I decided that I should wake her up. So as gently as I could, I shook her.

“Yuri, we’re home,” I said softly.

She stirred lightly before her eyes fluttered open. She looked confused at first before she remembered everything that happened and smiled. She yawned, stretching. “Are we home already?”

I nodded.

We got out of the car and I led her up to her front porch, with her clutching onto the purple elephant against her.

She turned to me before she walked inside. She smiled. “I really enjoyed myself,” she confessed. “Thank you for today, especially for the elephant.” She held it up and made its feet give a little wave.

I laughed at her cuteness and pretended to wave back to the elephant. “It’s nothing,” I replied sincerely, reaching out to hold her hand. “I enjoyed myself too and I’m glad you had fun.”

She plopped the elephant lightly on the floor and turned to hug me. I hugged her back. I kissed her forehead, closing my eyes as I held her close. My heart raced a little faster.

Can she feel it?

I looked at her lips. They looked so soft and so warm. I was sorely tempted to kiss her but I knew that if I did, it will just stir up a lot of confused and mixed feelings about this whole marriage thing.

I looked up into her eyes to search for maybe some signs that she liked me back just like I did with her. But she blinked and smiled, hiding her feelings behind it so I couldn’t tell.

I smiled back. I leaned down to kiss her cheeks the same time she tiptoed to kiss mine.

Our lips brushed against each other by accident and we both jolted back in shock as though the both of us had been electrocuted or something. There was an awkward silence as we regarded each other. What can I say to make things not awkward anymore?!

Finally she blushed, looking away to the floor, her hair falling over her face. “Um, I guess I should go in; it’s late,” she said, not meeting my eyes. “I’ll see you around. Good night, Kikwang Oppa.”

I nodded, feeling the same. “Uh, yeah, good night.” I scratched the back of my head as I watched her open the door. She turned and gave me a small smile. I ree back to her.

She closed the door behind her. I stood there for awhile, like an idiot, before I snapped out of it and decided it was time I head back to the dorm. It was getting late anyway.

Her lips touched mine.

I reached out to touch my lips as I walked back to my car. I could still feel her soft and warm lips on mine. It was as if I was struck by lightning — the good kind. I thought about how Mir was able to kiss those lips any time he liked before and that made me angry for some reason.

But then I remembered that I will get to do that after we were married. I shook my head. I can’t be thinking about this now, not when we’re looking for ways to get out of getting married with one another so she can be with Mir once again and everyone will be happy.

But I won’t.

I actually felt like I wanted to ditch her and not find out the reason why we’re getting married. I feel like there’s this empty feeling in heart just thinking about getting out or being married to her. Then I banged my head on the dashboard. It hurt but I didn’t care.

Aish, why do I feel this way about Yuri? I thought angrily as I drove home in the dead night, with only the street lights accompanying me on the lonely road. She’s in love with Mir! She always will and she’ll never even look at me that way!

But still . . . a part of me still hoped. Wait. Why do I sound as though I’m starting to fall in love with Yuri?

When I reached back to the dorm, I stayed inside the car, letting the engine run. I didn’t want to go back up yet. I have a feeling the guys were still awake, waiting for me to get back and to tell them what happened today. There will be no way I can hide the kiss from them.

Suddenly Doo Joon’s words echoed in my mind again of what he said this morning and I replayed the conversation we had about Yuri.

 

He looked at me. “Seriously, Kikwang, do you like my god-sister?” he asked me.

I shook my head fervently. “No! If I did, I would be doing whatever I can not to help her and maybe even try to prevent her from finding out the truth if I knew,” I replied. “I really don’t like her like that. She’s cool to hang out with but I do not have a crush on her.”

He nodded, going into the kitchen to make himself breakfast. “Good because if you did, well, let’s just say I will kill you. Unless she likes you back.”

“Impossible. She’s in love with her boyfriend.” Yet my heart seared with pain when I said that.

He frowned, stopping at the counter. “I think Hyunseung likes her. He acts very strange whenever someone mentions her name or when she is with us.”

I nodded. “I think that too,” I replied and he began to move about again, taking out the box of cereal from the shelf and the carton of milk from the fridge. “I mean, he’s, like, practically flirting with her.”

His dark eyes flickered over to mine. “Do you feel . . . well, botheredabout it?” he asked casually. He took out a bowl and poured the cereal in, followed by milk.

I shrugged. “Well, yeah, because she’s my fiancée and also because she’s . . . Yuri.”

He nodded. “The famous answer: ‘She’s Yuri.’ I get it,” he mused to himself.

 

Well, what else can I say? Yuri is Yuri; being Yuri is what makes her stand out more than any other girls. I mean, I don’t know. She’s really attractive. She’s beautiful inside and out. Any guy would be stupid not to fall for her.

The way her black hair whisked in the air whenever the wind blows in her direction; her big, genuine and warm smile; the way her eyes go wide and innocent-like whenever she breaks into a smile; the sound of her laughter was like tinkling bells; her hand gestures smooth and polite; the cute blush on her face whenever she’s embarrassed, looking down so her fringe would cover her hair; the way she always seemed to care about others before her; how cute she actually looked like when she’s frustrated; even cuter when she’s being cute without needing to try.

I could go on for the whole night about why Yuri is just so amazingly and breathtakingly stunning and special that every guy falls in love with her. There really is no word to describe what Yuri is like.

Yuri is truly amazing. It’s hard not to fall for her.

She is one of a kind.

My heart raced every time she smiles radiantly at me. I get all jittery whenever I hear her voice when she picks up my calls or when I see that she replied to my texts. I get excited and would want to squeal despite I was supposed to be manly whenever she calls me ‘Oppa’ because it showed that we were close to one another. My heart flutters whenever she’s around me and I am always tempted to hug her and hold her like a lover, cuddling up to their significant one.

Yet my heart hurts a lot whenever I see that she’s upset, even more when I know that it’s Mir she’s thinking of and would rather be with than me. And I get angry whenever Hyunseung seemed to pick interest with her, giving little snide comments to me about how beautiful or how y she looked whenever he could.

There was a light knock on the window and I jumped, startled.

I turned to see Doo Joon bent over, looking at me with raised eyebrows as though he knew what I was thinking about. I felt my face go red because I knew he knew that I was thinking about Yuri.

Sighing, I got out of the car. “Hi.”

He looked at me. “How was the date?” he asked me, on guard.

I shrugged, not wanting to let him know what I was thinking. “It was good,” I replied nonchalantly. “She enjoyed her time and I did too. And it wasn’t a date, it was just two friends hanging out together.”

He looked at me.

I sighed. “Although I wished it was a date,” I admitted. I looked at him. Funny how he didn’t need to say a word to make me know what he was thinking. “You’re right. I’ve fallen in love with Yuri, hyung. And that is probably going to break my heart.”

Doo Joon patted my back sympathetically. “Probably?” he asked in disbelief. He shook his head and I braced myself for his next words. “I’m sorry, Kikwang, but I have a strong feeling that you should change the word ‘probably’ to ‘definitely’.”

I sighed again. “You don’t say.”

 

Yuri’s POV

We kissed. . . .

I shook my head, feeling confused. It was an accident, I reminded myself. He was going to kiss your cheeks and you with his. It was accidental that your lips would meet. But his lips were soft and gentle.

I slapped myself.

No, Lee Yuri. You are madly and irrevocably in love with Bang Cheol Yong. You cannot afford to fall in love with Lee Kikwang. Sure, he may be nice and all, but he’s like L.Joe — he’s just a friend. Nothing less and certainly nothing more. Just as a friend.

Yet but I can’t help but think that what if I do end up . . . no.

I sighed, trudging up the stairs. Appa was probably asleep in his room, same with Joon in his. The house was quiet as I crept back slowly up to my room. I closed the door behind me and flickered my lights on, brightening my once dark room into brightness.

“Turn it off.”

I jumped at the voice. “Joon! What are you doing in my room?” I asked, clutching my elephant close and dear to my heart, having received shock to find my brother sleeping in bed. I’m pretty sure he had a perfectly good bed waiting in his room and that it wasn’t under any renovation that he had to sleep in my room.

He sat up sleepily. “Where did you get that elephant from?” he asked curiously.

“Oh.” I set the elephant down next to my bed as I got on. “Kikwang won that elephant for me at the carnival today.” I smiled, remembering the moment. It was a pleasant memory to remember. I honestly didn’t think that he would be able to do it — even though I had hoped because I really wanted the elephant.

And he did!

Joon studied me. “Are you . . . perhaps . . . falling in love with him?” he asked me carefully.

I shook my head as my eyes landed on the picture of me and Mir. My heart raced and I smiled sadly when I saw his face smiling at me through the frame. “No,” I replied. “I’m still madly in love with Mir.”

He nodded. “So, how was it?”

“It was fun!” I gushed.

He laughed. “All right. You know what. I want to stay up and hear you tell me about the carnival but I’ll wait until the next day. I’m really tired. I’ll let you sleep.” He got up and got out of my bed.

“Eh, but you can sleep here,” I argued.

But he shook his head. “Nah, it’s okay.” Then he left the room, to go to his room, using the bathroom that adjoined both our rooms together.

I followed behind him, only because I needed to use the bathroom. As I was changing into my sleeping clothes, I heard the doorknob turning. Joon needed to use the toilet.

“In a minute!” I quickly brushed my teeth before turning to unlock the door so Joon could use. Then I went back into my own room as I heard Joon go in the toilet.

I climbed in bed and was about to turn my lamp lights off when the bathroom door opened. I shook my head. Joon must have changed his mind and wants to sleep with me, I thought to myself as I laughed silently.

He stepped out and smiled warmly at me. “Hey. Mind if I sleep with you tonight?”

My eyes widened. “Mir. . . .”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mir is back! :D

Don't you miss him? I know I do :3