Trip Down Memory Lane

I'm Engaged to a BEAST???

 

Yuri’s POV

I waited nervously for the door to open. My fingers were shaking. My heart was thumping hard against my chest. I bit on my bottom lip nervously and wringed my fingers. When the door finally opened, I was surprised to see that it was my big brother who answered the door. “Joon!” I exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

He seemed just as surprised to see me. “Yuri-yah, what are you doing here?” He checked the time on his watch. “Wait, school hasn't been let out yet. Why aren't you in school??” He craned his neck and narrowed his eyes. “Who is that?”

I looked over my shoulder and turned to see Kikwang, who was still in his car. I waved to let him know I’m okay. He nodded and drove off. I turned back to Joon. How am I going to explain to my brother?

“That’s your fiancé, isn’t it?” he asked.

I blinked. “You knew?”

He shrugged and rolled his eyes. “Appa called me earlier before he sent his chauffer to fetch you. He explained to me that he was going to put you up for an arranged marriage. I’m surprised to see you here so fast, though.” He grinned sheepishly. "I lied when I asked why you weren't in school. Of course I knew you weren't in school."

I shook my head. "Tsk."

"So, why are you here?"

“I wanted Mir to be the first one to know,” I mumbled, looking down. I fumbled with the bracelet again, making it go up and down my wrist. How am I going to do this?

Joon hugged me, giving me a big bear hug and I snuggled into his arms. “Are you okay?” he asked me, his face filled with concern. “Do you need me to kick his ? Your fiancé, I mean. Not Mir.” He gave a nervous chuckle.

“No, no, there’s no need for violence,” I hastily replied. I dropped my gaze. “I don’t know if I’m okay, though,” I answered truthfully. “Why did Appa do this? He knows how much Mir means to me. He knows that Umma wanted him to marry me, not Kikwang-sshi. And he said that he would never put me into an arranged marriage. So why now?”

He shrugged, scratching the back of his neck. “I asked him the same questions, but he didn’t answer,” he replied. He kissed my forehead. “I’m going now. Mir’s upstairs in his room.”

“You didn’t tell him, did you?” I asked him warily. Please tell me he didn’t.

Luckily Joon shook his head and I breathed a sigh of relief. “I figured you’d want to do it yourself so I kept quiet.” He looked at the time again. “You better go up. His parents aren’t home and his sister is out. You get to have him all for yourself. So make sure you two don’t do anything naughty, okay?” He winked at me before walking out of the house.

I smiled half-heartedly. My brother can be a jerk at times but at least he was sweet. I dropped my bag on the floor, took off my blazer and hanged it on the coat hanger and kicked my shoes off, putting it neatly lined up accordingly on the shoe rack just beside the door. Then I walked up the stairs, leading to his bedroom.

Mir’s door was slightly ajar and I could hear music coming out from it. I could see him bent over at his radio, practicing his rap and dancing. I smiled. He may be the maknae of MBLAQ, but he sure has a deep voice when he raps. It sort of made him even . . . ier. I stood up the door, watching him. He rapped with skills, his body moving to the groove.

My Mir was so handsome and talented.

Is the reason why Appa wanted me to marry Kikwang because Mir decided to take a few years off of college so he could focus on becoming an idol? If that’s it, then I think it’s rather unfair.

I knocked softly on the door and he whirled around, surprised to see me. “Yuri-yah!” he exclaimed, beaming.

I inhaled for a long time before exhaling. How am I going to break it to him? I can’t. I don’t want to.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me as I came over to him. “School isn’t out for another hour. Did you skip?” He smiled teasingly and wagged a finger out at me. “You bad girl. I’ll have to punish you for that, then.” He pulled me by the waist and leaned down to kiss me, long and deep. He secured me as he dipped me romantically, softly burying his left hand into my hair to hold my head firmly and keeping a firm grip of his right hand on my waist to make sure I didn't fall.

“Mm,” I giggled, pushing him away slightly to admire his handsome features. “If this is the sort of punishment I get for skipping school, I should do it more often.”

He winked. “Maybe next time we’ll be in bed,” he said, winking, and we laughed. He made me stand up straight again, taking my hand into his as he pulled me close to him.

I hugged my boyfriend, smelling his deep fragrant. “Hi,” I said.

He smiled, pinching my cheeks a little. “Hi. I was going to go pick you up after school, you know,” he told me. “So, why aren’t you in school?” He led me to his bed, where we both sat down and I snuggled up with him as he leaned against his pillow. He put his arms comfortably around me and kissed my forehead.

I’m going to miss this.

“Oh, Appa wanted to have lunch with me so he pulled me out of school just for that,” I lied.

He raised an eyebrow, probably trying to figure out if I’m lying or not. Finally he shrugged and hugged me. “Either way, you’re now with me,” he said and kissed me again.

I leaned back and he gently got on top of me, careful not to crush me. I slipped my hands into his brown locks while he pulled me closer, popping the button of my white shirt with one hand, slipping under my shirt, touching my bare skin, sending a tingling feeling down my spine. His tongue entered my mouth and danced around while his hand moved itself to my thighs, slowly creeping up under my skirt, wanting to touch me there. . . .

But I pulled back and shook my head, smiling. I wasn't ready and he knew that. So he smiled back sweetly at me and settled down with just a kiss, his other hand still under my shirt, touching my waist. I pushed him gently away and buttoned up my shirt back before I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled him close to me. He leaned down and kissed my neck and I closed my eyes in anticipation.

“Yuri, why must you be so gorgeous?” he moaned, his hot breath tickling my neck. He nibbled gently at my sweet spot and I moaned a bit. He always did know how easy it is to find it.

I pulled away and giggled and he smiled at me. “I don’t know,” I replied. “I've never thought of myself as gorgeous."

He shook his head. "Babe, I've been telling you that you are for the three years we've been together."

I put a finger to his lips to shut him up. He blinked and kissed my fingers. "Mir!" I giggled. "Anyway, you didn't let me finish my sentence. I was going to say how I didn't think of myself as gorgeous until I met you. I love you, Mir.”

“I love you too, Yuri,” he said and kissed me again.

For the three years Mir and I have been together, I never grew tired of his sweet kisses and flirty ways. I was always amazed that he’d pick someone like me to be his girlfriend. I mean, I’m not as pretty as a lot of other girls and he was quite popular in school before he graduated, having so many girls surrounds him before.

I’m a lucky girl.

Was.

Reality brought me back to Heart-Crush City. Damn you, feelings.

Damn this marriage.

Damn Appa.

Damn Kikwang.

I hate this.

I looked down. Mir saw and tilted my chin. “What’s the matter?” he asked.

I shook my head. I stood up and walked to the window. I love coming here. This reminded me about the night we both confessed that we liked each other. It still made me smile.

 

-FLASHBACK-

When I was sixteen, I met Mir through my brother and it was love at first sight. Of course, I wasn’t sure how he felt about me, especially since he could get any girls he wanted. But since he was friends with my brother, we would often hang out together.

One Saturday afternoon, all of MBLAQ and I were hanging at Mir’s house. We were all downstairs in the living room where we were playing on his PS2. His parents were out as usual. His sister was somewhere, probably at her friend’s place. I was just watching them play when I had the urge to go to the toilet so I stood up from where I was sitting and headed for the stairs.

“Eh, where are you going?” G.O asked me, looking up from the game.

“Toilet,” I replied, making my way up the stairs. When I came out from the toilet, I did not go back downstairs. I smiled to myself as their loud voices thundered (pardon my pun, Cheon Doong-sshi) from downstairs.

I walked to the window and stared out of it. I loved his bedroom view.  I looked out of the window to the playground scenery before my very eyes. I could see kids laughing, playing. I saw a couple kissing on the bench. I sighed. I wanted to be like the couple, with Mir. I wanted it so badly that my heart ached just thinking about it. Why can’t I do that with Mir? Why can’t he see just how much I was crazy over about him?

 “Enjoying the view?”

I spun around to see Mir standing at the doorway, his head tilted with a small smile playing on his lips. I felt my heart thumping wildly at his presence that I could only nod. I blushed as he made his way to me. Can he hear how fast, how loud, my heart was beating? For him?

He stood next to me and looked down. He smiled at the couple. “One day, I want to be like that with the girl I like,” he said softly. Oh, he likes someone. Great, now he definitely will never like me.

He turned back to me and smiled his winning smile. I thought I would melt at his cuteness. I felt so shy around him. I didn’t know what to say to the boy I like. I was tongue-tied. Finally I got the courage to speak up. “I’m sure your girlfriend will be happy, Mir-sshi,” I said to him. But deep down, I was hurt. He likes someone else.

He smiled again. He took my hand began to play with it, it gently. “Call me oppa,” he told me. “We’re close friends enough for you to call me that, right, Yuri ah?”

I nodded, delighted when he put his arms around my shoulder. When was Mir so bold? He was always quite shy and he always kept his hands to himself. Well, except for that one time when he kissed me on the cheek at the football field in front of his friends. And during the Valentine’s Day Dance. But I’m not complaining. I liked it.

We stood there, in silence, just enjoying the view. But I found it incredibly hard to concentrate with him standing so close to me. If Joon comes in now, I’m dead. “Yuri ah, do you like someone now? Like, do you have a crush on anyone? Or do you still like Woo Chul?” Mir asked me, breaking the silence.

Woo Chul was my ex.

I blinked, looking at him. Should I confess? Or should I just act dumb? What should I do? I decided to play it safe. I nodded. “I don’t like Woo Chul anymore,” I replied. I looked back out. “But there is a guy I like, but he’ll never like me. He’s too good for me.” Telling him that I like someone but not revealing who it is, is good. That way he knows I like someone but won’t know that it’s him that I like — which is not entirely the truth but it’s not a complete lie either.

He chuckled softly. “I would have thought it’d be the opposite — that you are too good for him. But I’m sure he’ll like you back.”

I shook my head, remembering how he hinted to me that he already like a girl. And no way can it be me. I don’t think I’m worthy enough to be his girlfriend — or even go on a date with him, for that matter. “I don’t think so,” I told him.

“Why do you say that?”

“Because . . . you like someone else.” A tear escaped my eyes. Oh no, I can’t be crying in front of him! He’ll think I’m stupid or too immature. Wait . . . did I say ‘you’? Oh, no, oh no. this can’t be happening. Me and my big mouth.

Before I could wipe my tears away, I felt a soft thumb on my cheek. I looked up to see Mir looking at me with a serious face. “Did you say ‘you’?” he asked me, blinking his eyes. The corner of his lips began to form a smile.

Oh no.

“Um . . .” I bit my bottom lip like how I always do whenever I was nervous.

Mir cupped me face in his hands and turned me around to face him. “You’re wrong,” he told me. “I don’t like someone else. I like you.”

“Chincha?” I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

He nodded. “I’ve always liked you, ever since I met you. I just didn’t say anything because your brother might kill me and I didn’t know if you felt the same or not.” He clasped my hands to his and smiled. “Yuri ah, would you like to go on a date with me?”

I nodded and he smiled even bigger, hugging me. I closed my eyes. “Mir Oppa,” I murmured, feeling his tight grip.

“One day,” he murmured in my ear, “one day we’ll be like that couple we saw at the park.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

I felt Mir wrapping his hands behind my waist and pulled me close until our bodies were pressed against one another. He leaned down kissed my neck and I giggled becaues it tickled a bit. We looked out of the window and saw a couple kissing. It made me smile and I knew he was smiling as well. He placed his hands on my flat stomach.

I looked up and he leaned down, kissing me. His soft lips were gentle and tender. When we broke apart, he rested his chin on my head. “We confessed to each other that we had a crush on one another here,” I murmured as he gently my stomach with my thumb as I placed my hands over his. He pulled me closer.

“This is also the place where we first became officially together,” he whispered, nibbling on my earlobe. “Do you remember?”

I nodded. “I’ll never forget.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is incomplete so wait for the next chapter.

Heeeeee. Like I said, really, don't hate me. >.<