Knowing you

Only learnt the bad things

To prevent any confusion, this is mainly in Dara's POV and those in italics are flashbacks of her memories~ ENJOY!


 

"Bom, you okay?" Jiyong held onto Bom as she weakly stood away from Jiyong. She gave a brief nod.

"I-I guess Dara still can't get over that incident…" she said, letting out a soft sigh.

"Though I don't really know Dara, she doesn't seem like someone who would blame her best friend for telling the truth."

"Oppa, a-are you doubting me?" Bom asked, raising her pitch.

Jiyong smiled at her. "Calm down Bom, I was just saying…"

"You do know she likes you a lot right? She's been asking me to break up with you."

Jiyong stared at her confusedly.

With that, the atmosphere turned awkward. Bom gave Jiyong a brief goodbye and walked off.

-

Dara headed towards the little café just opposite the school. The aroma of coffee has never failed to calm her nerves and bring inner peace. She became a coffee addict ever since school took a toll on her.  Her addiction further grew when she found herself unable to focus. She took a seat at her favourite spot. She gave a brief smile towards the waitress on duty and she immediately gave a nod and prepared her drink for her. She rested her cheeks on her hands as she scanned the café. That was when she noticed a couple acting intimately. That was not the first time she saw the redhead flirting around with that same guy. She turned away from them, losing her patience instantly. She approached the waitress and requested for a take-away and hurriedly left the place.

I waited as she was about to walk by me and stretched my foot out, tripping her on purpose. I gave a triumphant smirk as I saw her clenching her fists tight.

"It hurts doesn't it? What makes you think what you're doing wouldn't hurt Jiyong?" I asked.

"I do what I want. Even if Jiyong's not mine, he will NEVER be yours!" she yelled back at me.

"Tsktsk, I do not care about Jiyong. Don't you think it's not fair that you have to hurt him too? He's innocent.  I know you went out with him just to spite me."

"Really?" she smirked, "What makes you think that?"

"WOW , are you really IN LOVE with him, my dear Bommie?" I feigned a shocked expression.

"Of course not. Playing with him would make you upset. And I want you to see you devastated." She smirked.

I pulled onto her bright red hair and glared at her.

"Leave him alone. He's got nothing to do with this."

"No way."

 

-

(Classroom)

"I will be assigning your partners for this project." Miss Han instructed. I wasn't exactly paying much attention when she went through the list. The moment I heard my name, I turned my attention towards Miss Han.

"Dara, you will be working with Jiyong for this project."

WHAT?

My hands shot through the air instantly, surprising everyone.

"What's wrong?" Miss Han asked.

"I refuse to work with him."

"I will not allow for a switch of partners. You will do your project with him."

"And if I don't?" I challenged.

"I would give you and Jiyong a zero for this project."

I gave a brief nod and replied, "Fine with me."

It was obvious how agitated I've made Miss Han but I did not care. I refused to work with Jiyong. I could sense him shooting glares at me but I remained oblivious.

After class, Jiyong blocked me from exiting the class.

"What's wrong with you?" Jiyong asked. I looked at him, seeing how upset he was with me. Honestly, Jiyong is the last person that I wanted to add into my list of haters. He had always been different. He was not one of those silly people who is blinded by how popular you are, or how nerdy you are. He was always fair and nice to everyone. That part of him was one of his many charms that had attracted me.

"I don't want to do the project with you."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to work with an enemy"

"Dara, since when was I an enemy? You weren't like this in the past. You've always been responsible and I know many had always admired you. What have you become?"

What have I become? A . That was the only way to inflict the same amount of pain back to her.

"Done lecturing?" I asked, pushing past him.

"Dara, you'll just end up hurting yourself…"

"Go back to Bom." I slammed the door shut.

With that, Jiyong had pestered me endlessly to work with him for the project. To get him off my back, I reluctantly agreed. We agreed to meet at the nearest music store to search for the perfect song for our project. As I stood outside waiting, I watched as he approached me, with a huge smile on his face.

"Woah Dara, you're early."

I turned away, making my way towards the store, "Let's just get this over and done with."

We walked through the different aisles, trying out different genres. Frustrated, I pushed my headphones out and let out a sigh. I let my eyes wander around the store, looking through the other genres. That was when my eyes landed on the redhead and the guy again. As if on instinct, I quickly dragged Jiyong out of the store.

"Yah Dara, w-"

I cut him off, "Let's try another store."

"But we are not done yet."

I pulled him as fast as I could, making sure to avoid them.

That happened again when we were queuing for food at a fast food restaurant. I immediately dragged him out, explaining that the queue was too long. The funny was that Jiyong did not seem annoyed at all. Instead, he was grinning like a stupid fool.

"What are you grinning about?" I asked, feeling annoyed.

"Nothing~" he sang.

"Weirdo…"

We headed towards another place to eat and continued with our project.

 

At the end of the day, both our ears were ringing badly from listening to so many songs. However, a satisfied smile never left us as we had found the perfect song for our project.

"I'll do the rest. Get some rest tonight!"

I smiled at him, "Same to you!"

Jiyong let out a brief chuckle before leaving.

Somehow, that chuckle seemed to make my heart beat a little faster. I took deep breaths and calmed myself down, with a stupid smile still plastered on my face.

"Thank you, Jiyong."