You won't get away

Only learnt the bad things

 

 

Chapter 1:

I pushed past the people crowding at the cafeteria. I needed to do something about this suffocating feeling that's grabbing onto my heart. I kicked hard at the innocent tree.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" I yelled at the top of my voice. I swallowed back the tears that were threatening to fall. I had to go through the pain of being backstabbed and betrayed by my best friend, what more must happen to me?

Park Bom, my best friend, had totally destroyed the trust that I had in her. She made me go through hell, no way is she going to get away unscathed.

She was the popular kid, with the looks and social skills, while I was just the plain girl that people would not take second glances on. She approached me, telling me how she wanted so much to be my friend. Her smile was so sincere that I went against my intuition and decided to befriend her. While being my best friend, she had also maintained close relationships with the other so-called 'popular' girls in school. Everyone just adored her. That's the charm of Park Bom- irresistible.

But that was before everything went downhill.

Park Bom started avoiding me. Being so used to her presence and having her as my only friend, her actions made me utterly confused. Why the sudden change?

However, all was revealed upon the conversation.

"Bommie-ah, you should really stop being friends with that Dara, being with her has made you much less popular!"

I could vaguely hear her giggle in response.

"I'm no longer with her now. Honestly, she's really SO BORING! All she ever does is study and study, no social life at all. You know how difficult it is being friends with her? She's like so…"

I sat quietly in the cubicle, hands gripping tightly onto the handle bar. Why the hell is she being so friendly to me if she's sick of me? Straightening my thoughts, I smirked. Two can play at a game right?

I ran towards her and gave her a hug. "Bommie-ah, I haven't seen you in quite a while!"

She looked taken aback by my sudden closeness and slowly pushed me away. Her other friends were staring at her and I was enjoying the expression on her face.

"Bommie, didn't you say we'll be studying together later?" I asked, smiling at her.

She began stammering while staring at the other girls. The other girls let out a scowl before leaving us alone.

"D-Dara-ah, I'll talk to you later? Gonna be late for class!" she let out a quick smile before rushing off.

My façade continued for quite a while, with Bom politely rejecting spending time with me or reluctantly give in to my clinging. I feigned oblivious towards her sarcasms and nasty words.

That was before she did that one thing that totally broke this friendship.

She betrayed me.

I was the then Student Council President, in charge of the upcoming musical that my class was involved in. I was excited when Bom made it as the main lead of the musical. She was best suited as the heroine and I was determined to ensure that no this musical would be perfect so as to showcase Bom in the most perfect way.

During one of the rehearsals, I was double-checking the props that were needed. I shook the stairs, testing its sturdiness. Bom walked over to me, dressed in her costume, followed by the bunch of annoying girls. I quietly headed towards backstage, trying to avoid them. I picked up the clipboard and started checking through the list of guests that were invited. All of a sudden, I heard a scream. Rushing out, I saw the group of girls crowding around Bom, while Bom was clutching her arm, unable to move.

"What happened?"

"I think I fractured my arm." Bom said between sobs.

I quickly ran out to get help.

-

Both Bom and I were called into the principal's office, with the student council's teacher-in-charge, Miss Kim, present.

Miss Kim spoke, "Bom, would you mind telling us what happened during rehearsal?"

Bom began fidgeting, seeming very uncomfortable with the question.

"It's okay. Take your time."

I looked over to Bom, puzzled over her hesitation. It was a fall, isn't it? Why was she biting her lips, looking so uncomfortable.

"I-I was pushed down the stairs." Bom stammered.

She was?

"Who?"

"D-Dara did it…"

My eyes widened in shock as I stared at her.

"What did you say?" I asked, feeling extremely confused.

"Dara, please remain silent." Miss Kim spoke.

"W-we had a little fight and she was too agitated that she accidentally pushed me off the stairs. Miss Kim, it wasn't entirely her fault!" Bom said, tears staining her face.

So backstabbing me was not enough huh?

"Thank you Bom, you may leave now." Miss Kim said.

Bom gave a bow before leaving. As the door closed, Miss Kim turned towards me with a disappointed glare.

"I'm sorry but such a conduct is not accepted of the Student Council President. We would have to strip the position from you."

"B-but.."

"No buts." Miss Kim ended the conversation without even giving me a chance to explain.

Park Bom knew better than anyone how hard it was for me to secure the position of President. With just those lies, she had taken away that one thing that I had cherished most.

"!" I yelled, kicking the lockers. I was angry to the point that I wanted to tear her hair out.

And you know what? She had to make matters away by dating Kwon Jiyong, the boy that I had a crush on since forever. She knew how much I adored him and she had shamefully taken him away, without even feeling guilty.

She broke our friendship. She betrayed me. She even had the guts to date Jiyong.

No way am I going to sit at one corner and blame myself everyday for what had happened. I would make her suffer as well.

I will learn all the bad things, to take revenge on you.