Chapter 4

Hot and Cold

 

The next day…

 

It was still rainy and very cold. Everyone wore their jacket to warm themselves up. Their teacher wasn’t around yet and some of their classmates. It’s still early though.

 

All students were on their own business.

 

“So, what happened yesterday?” Yeonhee asked.

 

Hara told her everything including him handing an umbrella to her.

 

“She let you clean the whole room? To think about it, the dance room is kinda wide.”

 

“You said it. I was panting after cleaning the whole room. But hey, he’s not that bad after all.” Hara said while resting his head on his left hand.

 

“Don’t tell me you like him?”

 

Hara was alarmed by her question. Her head almost slid on his left hand.

 

“Yah! Your jumping to conclusions already. Besides, he’s not even my type.”

 

Then she remembered something.

 

“By the way, seems like you and Jaejoong are getting along well.” She said in a teasing tone and smiled to her.

 

“H-hey! Don’t get the wrong idea. Even I was surprised when he suddenly dragged me out of the dance room. ”

 

After that, Yeonhee told her on what happened yesterday.

 

 

----------FLASHBACK----------

 

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

 

The three of us went inside the dance room and I noticed that they had their break.

 

“Good. You came.” Taegoon said while looking at Hara.

 

“Of course. I’m not a coward, you know.” She replied while looking at him straight in the eye. 

 

He just gave her a cold look. He rolled his eyes while shifting his sight to Jaejoong and signaled something.

 

“It’s hot in here. Yeonhee-sshi, let’s head out of this room. Come on.” Jaejoong said.

 

I was about to say something but he immediately grabbed my wrist going outside the room. I looked at Hara with a surprised face, so is she when she looked at us.

 

When we were already outside, he closed the door and I let go of his grip immediately.

 

“What was all the dragging about?” I said in an irritating tone.

 

“Calm down. I was just following what he wants. Don’t worry, she’ll not be shredded into pieces or something.” He replied with a smirk on his face.

 

I let out a sigh and was somehow relieved.

 

“You’re pretty funny, do you know that?”

 

I just glared at him and he just keeps on grinning at me. Honestly, he has a killer smile but sorry to say I’m not easily affected by those. Haha.

 

“Oh, I have an idea. Let’s go to the music room. They don’t have a practice on this day.” He said with excitement.

 

“What are we gonna do there?”

 

“You’ll probably not know if you won’t go with me. Or are you thinking of something else?”

 

I was shocked by his second sentence and glared at him.

 

“Yah! I’m just asking.”

 

He chuckled on what I replied to him.

 

“Hey, I’m just kidding. So, are you coming or not?”

 

I really want to accompany Hara now but I’m afraid of that Taegoon. So, I think I don’t have a choice.

 

“Hmm, okay.”

 

We started walking and he led the way to the music room.

 

When we arrived there, I looked around and noticed a piano set in the middle of the room.

 

He just went immediately to the piano and took a seat and I just followed him. He signaled me to sit beside him and I just do it but I was sort of distant from him.

 

I was just surprised when he started to play the piano. I was amazed on the way he played because it was really nice.

 

 

DBSK - Eternal (Piano)

 

 

After he played, I clapped at his performance.

 

“Wow. I never thought you play that good. I mean you did great.” I said but a bit embarrassed about it.

 

“Thanks. I thought you didn’t like it.” He said with a smirk on his face.

 

“I just praised you just now. Of course I liked it.”

 

“Do you want me to play it in a different way?”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

He played it again but I was more surprised when he sang. OMG, he sings very well. This guy is really something. 

 

When he was finished playing the piano while singing, I didn’t notice my jaw already dropped at what I just witnessed.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked as he waved his right hand in front of my face. I came back to reality and scold myself . ‘Aish! So embarrassing.’

 

“Y-yeah. You’re pretty amazing just now.” I complimented him.

 

He chuckled and turned his face on my direction. We were staring at each other for like 5 seconds and I immediately look down. He stares like crazy. I remembered what Donghae said about him

 

“Jaejoong is the playboy type.”Now I get it.

 

I suddenly remembered Hara. I’m worried about her. Maybe I should call her. I got my phone in my bag and was about to dial when I noticed that it was off. No way! My battery is off! I forgot to charge it last night. Arrgghh! Why am I so stupid?! I just placed my hand on my forehead feeling irritated on the misfortune I’m into.

 

“*sigh*”

 

“Wow. I didn’t know you write songs.”

 

I was surprised on what he just said and immediately looked at him. He was holding my lyrics notebook and scanning it page by page. How did he get hold of it? Maybe it fell from my bag when I reached for my cell phone. No way!

 

“Give it back!” I said while reaching for it but he just pulls it away where I couldn’t reach it.

 

“Let me borrow it for a while.”

 

“I hate you! Just give it back!”

 

“No, I won’t.”

 

“Please! I’ll....do anything just… give it back!” I said the second sentence hesitantly.

 

“You’ll do anything huh?” he said while looking at me. “Come with me after this.”

 

“For what?”

 

“It’s a secret.”

 

“Aish! Just make sure you return my lyrics notebook.”

 

He just smirked playfully and started scanning the notebook. What the heck? Why am I becoming so unfortunate right now?

 

“Hey, nice lyrics you got here. You play the piano, am I right?”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Well, chords of the song are present. Can you play ‘choosey lover’?”

 

“Sure. Just—“

 

“return your notebook, I know. Don’t worry, you have my word.”

 

 

DBSK - Choosey Lover (piano)

 

I just rolled my eyes, placed my hands on the piano keys and started playing.

 

………..

 

 

……

 

 

……….

 

 

After I hit the last key, I placed my hands on my lap again.

 

“It’s really nice.”

 

“It’s actually my favorite.”

 

“Oh, really? Hmm, I think we better go. It’s getting dark.”

 

We head out of the room and I just followed him. Where are we going anyway?

 

We stopped in front of a black BMW. Wow. He got his own car? Now that’s cool. He opened it and went in.

 

“Get in.”

 

I went to the other side and got inside the car. He started the engine and drove out of the campus.

 

“Uhm, where are we going?” I asked hoping he will answer me this time.

 

“You’ll know later when we arrive there.”

 

What an answer. It just made me curious but I didn’t bother to ask him anymore because I know he won’t tell me. Suddenly, heavy rain started to fall from the sky. No wonder the weather was weird a while ago.

 

 

Not long enough, we stopped in front of a bar. A BAR?! Don’t tell me we’re going in there? I just looked at him and was about to say something when he interrupted.

 

“We’re here. Let’s just enjoy since it still the first day of school. Hmm, do you always tie your hair?”

 

I was somewhat surprised by his question. I always ponytailed my hair and seldom untie it, I think only at home. But why would he bother ask about that thing?

 

“Y-yeah. Why do you ask?”

 

He suddenly got a hold on the tie on my hair and removed it. My hair freely went down my shoulders extending down my back.

 

“Hey! What are you doing?!”

 

“There. You look much better now. Let’s go.”

 

Then both of us went out of his car. I can already hear the bumping sound of the music from here.

 

He grabbed my hand and said “Don’t worry, I’ll look after you.”

 

“But I don’t go to this kind of place.”

 

“You know, you should break the rules if you want to enjoy the most.”

 

He was holding my hand as we went inside the bar. The music was really loud and a lot of people were dancing. Lights were also blinking and my eyes couldn’t clearly see what’s ahead except for Jaejoong who was dragging me.

 

We went into a private room where the noise was minimized and the lights were not blinking anymore. There, I saw two guys sitting and eating food at their table. They glanced at us and their faces were really familiar. It was Taegoon and…AIGOO!!

 

“Donghae? What are you doing here?”

 

“Oh, Yeonhee. We happen to go here when we don’t have anything to do.” Donghae answered me with a smirk on his face.

 

“You knew each other?” Jaejoong asked in a curious tone.

 

“Yeah. He joined us when we had our lunch. I didn’t know you two are good friends.”

 

“Oh. Actually, we’re cousins.” Jaejoong suddenly blurted out. I looked at him even more shocked than Donghae being here. Then I looked at Donghae with the same expression on my face.

 

“Sorry for not telling you about it. It’s not a big deal anyway.” Donghae said apologetically.

 

“Ah, y-yeah. You’re right.” I answered hesitantly. I was still in the state of shock.

 

Jaejoong and I sit next to Taegoon but Jaejoong was the one beside him. There were also people in the other tables having their own businesses.

 

“Taegoon, how’s Hara?” Jaejoong suddenly asked.

 

His question grabbed my attention as I looked at Taegoon waiting for an answer.

 

“Oh…her? I just let her clean the whole dance room and let her go home after. Why do you ask?” he replied which made me relieved. Thank God he didn’t do anything bad to her. 

 

“Hmm, Yeonhee was worried about her when you signaled me to leave the two of you.” Then he grinned at me and placed his hand on top of my head. I just glared at him.

 

Suddenly, a girl rushed to our table. Donghae immediately noticed her and smiled.

 

“Oh, Yoona what took you so long?” Donghae asked as he stood and kissed her on the cheek. Hmm, I think she’s his girlfriend.

 

“I’m so sorry. Something came up.” She replied while sitting next to Donghae.

 

“Oh? A suitor again?”

 

“Huh? Of course not you silly! Umma asked me to buy something.” She assured him.

 

“Hey, you’re so serious. I’m just joking a while ago.”

 

Then he shifted his sight to me.

 

“By the way, Yoona this is Yeonhee. Yeonhee this is Yoona, my girlfriend.”

 

Haha I was right. She is his girlfriend. She offered to shake hands with me and I accepted it gladly.

 

“Well, since Yoona is already here why don’t we head to the dance floor?” Donghae requested.

 

They all agreed and went to the dance floor. I wasn’t dragged by Jaejoong this time. I just told him that I will just stay here and will follow them later. Yoona also did the same. When the three of them were already gone, Yoona started a conversation.

 

“So, are you Jaejoong’s girl?”

 

I was alarmed by his sudden question and answered her immediately.

 

“No, I’m not. He has my lyrics notebook and he wouldn’t return it unless I go with him.”

 

“Ahh…sorry about that. That guy’s really playful. Just bear with it for a while.”

 

“D-Deh~” I answered anxiously.

 

She suddenly stood up and held my hand.

 

“Come on. Let’s dance.”

 

I didn’t have the chance to answer her because she already led us to where the three guys were. It was really noisy and very crowded but we still manage to reach them.

 

Donghae caught sight of Yoona and went to her. Now, Donghae and Yoona were dragging me towards Jaejoong and Taegoon. Jaejoong was dancing with three girls while Taegoon was dancing with anyone he’s facing.

 

Jaejoong noticed me and was heading towards me. He leaned towards my ear and said something.

 

“I thought you were just gonna sit there.”

 

“I was dragged by Yoona here so I have no choice. *sigh* Why am I always dragged?”

 

He just grinned at me.

 

“Because I love teasing girls like you.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean by ‘girls like me’?”

 

He turned to Donghae, Taegoon and Yoona and signaled something. After that, he held my hand and went back to the private room. We sat on the same table and he was just beside me.

 

“Yah! You didn’t answer my question.” I said demandingly.

 

“The answer is because…

 

He was leaning towards me and was already pretty close to my face.

 

…you don’t seem to be affected by my charm.” Then he tilted my nose by his index finger.

 

I glared at him and moved his face away from me.

 

“Yah! Don’t do that again or you’ll—“

 

I didn’t have the chance to finish my sentence as he moved his face close to me again.

 

“Or what?”

 

I want to say something but words won’t come out of my mouth. I suddenly became nervous and crossed my fingers in front of him as I closed my eyes.

 

I was surprised to hear him laughing his heart out. So I opened my eyes and saw him leaning his back on the couch, panting but still laughing.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

“Hahahahahaha. You. Hahahahahhaha.”

 

“You’re crazy. Hey, where’s my lyrics notebook? I want to go home already.”

 

This time, he calmed down already and faced me.

 

“Oh, it’s in my car. Come on, I’ll send you home after this.” Then he held my hand and we went to the parking lot. He opened the door in the driver’s seat and got my lyrics notebook as he handed it to me.

 

“Thanks. I’ll go home now.”

 

I was about to leave when he grabbed my elbow.

 

“Didn’t I say I will send you home?”  

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll go home myself. Besides, the rain had stopped already.”

 

“Hmm, oookkkaay. As you say. Just be careful.”

 

“I will. I could beat the hell out of those bad guys.” While showing him my fist. He just smirked at me as I turned around and head home.

 

“You’re really something.” Jaejoong said when Yeonhee was already nowhere to be seen.

 

[-End of Yeonhee’s pov-]

 

--------------END OF FLASHBACK--------------

 

“Ohh, so that’s what happened. And I never thought Donghae and Jaejoong are cousins. What a small world.” Hara commented.

 

“Yeah. I was surprised when I knew about it.”