Chapter 19

Hot and Cold

 

 

Super Junior - Gee (Acoustic version)

[-Haras pov-]

I really rested throughout the days with no practice so my energy was regained. But now, were gonna practice for the last time since the event will be tomorrow.

After class, I just followed Taegoon as we went out of school with his car. To be honest, Im starting to get used to his mood swings but not fully.

Our practice started once again and this time Yo Seob is watching us. He said hes gonna judge us.

Hyung! Haha! That was pretty challenging. Then he showed two thumbs up to us. Great.

Tss. Thanks man. Taegoon said to him.

Taegoon went to sit beside Yo Seob while I was sitting across them.

Hey Hara. Are you free the day after tomorrow? Yo Seob suddenly asked.

Hara looked at him in surprise. Uhh, yeah. Why?

Well, I just wanna hang out, if its okay with you.

Uhh…” Hara didnt know how to answer him. Yo Seob wants to hang out with her but shes not sure if shes gonna agree since she doesnt know him that well.  “…you see—“

Shes a busy person, Yo Seob. Plus, she still has a debt with me. Taegoon blurted out. Hara was relieved but she wished he hadnt said the plus thing.

Oh, okay. Maybe next time. Hmph! hyung is so possessive! Yo Seob commented.

Yah! Im not. I was just telling the truth.

If we just ran away that time, you wouldnt have been wounded. I blurted out.


Yo Seob’s eyes widen like this ---> (O.O) as he looked at Taegoon.


What?! Hyung! he yelled. Why didnt you tell me?! T.T

Hey, youre too loud! I didnt tell you the real reason because youll tell Umma about it even though I said to keep it a secret. Geez. Taegoon complained.

I wont say anything to her. Yo Seob was worried when he saw that wound. He said while pouting.

Haha. Yo Seob was so cute pouting to him. While Taegoon just glared at him.

Well, whats done is done. You dont have to know everything about it. he said bluntly.

Yo Seob sighed deeply and looked at me. I was startled by his stare. Then he suddenly sits next to me.

Taegoon-hyung, do you like Hara-sshi? Yo Seob asked.

My attention turned to him in surprise. What is he saying?? Besides, its so straightforward. I remembered that night when he said that I was the cutest girl he had ever met. Really, I dont know what Im feeling right now.

He was just silent and looked somewhere.

Dont worry, Im not gonna steal her away from you. Yo Seob said. What is he talking about??

Ya, youre so noisy. Taegoon replied to him and then he stood up. I’ll change clothes now.

So, he went out of the room and left me with Yo Seob. Oh dear, his cousin is so interrogative.

I heard him sigh deeply and spoke. Are you in denial too?

I wondered on what he had just said. Denial for what?

Huh? What do you mean? I asked him.

He just smiled at me. Weird guy. Do you like someone right now? he asked.

What now?? Hes asking a lot.

Uhm...do I really have to answer that? I asked him hesitantly.

Of course! he said and suddenly paused. He looked at me seriously. Or... dont tell me you like Taegoon-hyung?”

Its a good thing I didnt continue to drink my water or else Ill really choke.

B-Bwoh?! How can you say that? I exclaimed.

He just smiled at me and came near to my ear. I can see it. I think you just havent realized it.


Yo Seob, what are you doing?


I looked on who it was. Taegoon. He changed his clothes and looks fresh. I just cleared my throat and stood up.

Ill go home now. I went to get my things immediately and left. This is the only thing I want to do since Yo Seob was starting to ask me questions. And its creeping me out.


I reached home. I lie on my bed in my room after taking a bath and changed clothes.


Do I really like Taegoon? I asked myself in annoyance.

I cant be.


[-End of Haras pov-]

------------------------------------------------

Yeonhee and Yoochun just finished practicing in the music room. Since they were the last ones to use it, they locked the door of the room before leaving.


Yeonhee-sshi, is there something bothering you? Yoochun asked which made Yeonhee looked at him.

Huh? Uhm, annyeo! Im fine, really. Yeonhee immediately answered. Do I really look bothered? he questioned herself after that.

Ah, by the way, for tomorrow dont practice anymore tonight. Your hands will need to rest for tomorrow. He said to me while we were walking outside the campus.

Oh, okay. Hehehe.

See you tomorrow. Bye. He bid goodbye to her and they went on their separate ways.


--------------------------------------------------

-PAUSE MUSIC-

Students came early and went to the auditorium. Theyre in their P.E. uniforms as they looked at the order of presentations posted near the entrance.

Thank God, were not first. Yeonhee blurted.

Hey Yeonhee! Hara called. What number are you?

Number 9. How about you? she asked back.

Were number 5. Hara noticed something. Wheres Yoochun by the way?

I dont know. Maybe hes on his way to school. She said to her. Speaking of which, she tried to call him a while ago but no one answered.


Later on, their teacher asked them to be on their respective seats. Most of the first performers were those who chose dancing.

 

QUOTE

NOTE: Just imagine that Minhos partner is Yuri.



Minho and Yuri were the second performers CLICK ME!
Hes so amazing dancing with a partner. To think that their dance wasnt an easy one, it was a good presentation. And they scored 93.

 

QUOTE

NOTE: Just imagine that Haras partner is Taegoon.



Yeonhee just waited for Hara and Taegoons turn and the long wait is over. Yey!! CLICK ME!
The music started to play and they started to dance. Hara was nervous that time.

Relax. Just think that were practicing and theres no one here except for us. He whisphered to her.

She somehow felt relieved even though he said to just think that way. He smiled a bit at her which made her gain confidence.

Their dance was finished and everyone clapped.

As everybody have observed there are a lot of footwork in the dance. But they still managed to have a continuous flow of presentation. They scored 90.

Then before the next performer, their teacher announced something.

Everyone, the next performers are composed of five pairs of boys and girls together. They requested to present a collaboration and I agreed since they wont be exchanging partners with each other. The teacher said as the performers went on stage.

Sohee? Yeonhee uttered under his breath. I hope theyre gonna do well on this.

Then their presentation started. CLICK ME!
Everyone was shocked after. It was like they were having a show on stage. Thats why, they were given a perfect score of 100.

Wow. Super. Hara commented.

It was like they were having a concert. Taegoon added. He was just sitting beside her.

That was the final performance for the mixed presentations. Now, it will be for the non-mixed presentations.

Yeonhee suddenly became anxious since Yoochun wasnt still around. She tried to call him again but it cannot be reached. She didnt want to waste the time and effort they prepared for this.

Yeonhee started to get worried since the non-mixed presentations already started. Later on, it was already Boa and Jaejoongs turn to perform then the next will be Yeonhee and Yoochun.

CLICK ME!

It was a great combination of voices. They were given the score of 94.


[-Yeonhees pov-]

Oh no!! This cant be happening! Where is Yoochun?? Dont tell me hes absent??

Next. Our teacher said. I have no choice but to go on stage alone.

Ms. Lee Yeonhee, wheres your partner? she questioned me. Gosh, Im not used to people. And this is so embarrassing.

Im sorry maam. My partner hasn’t arrived yet. I answered honestly.

Im disappointed, Ms. Lee. She said to me. Gosh, I want to cry right now. Im at the center of the stage alone and everyone is looking at me. I cant take this. Might as well not perform anymore if this is the case.

So, I started moving my feet away from the center of the stage.

Yah! What are you doing? someone shouted from the side.

I was surprised when someone spoke and looked at him oddly. Jaejoong ah...Im not gonna perform anymore. I said while looking down.

He scoffed and spoke once again. Maam, Park Yoochun cant make it today. I just got a call from his mom that he collapsed. Jaejoong said to the teacher.

Everyone got surprised by what he said, even me. Yoochun collapsed? But he was still well yesterday.

My partner Kwon Boa rushed to the hospital immediately for him just a while ago. Then he looked at me. But you will still play your piece, araso?

What the? Why is he so straightforward today?

But—“

Maam, is it okay if I substitute Yoochun this time?” he said to the teacher.

The teacher cleared his throat and adjusted her glasses.

Okay. I permit you. But tell Mr. Park to have an individual presentation to me when he gets well, understood?

Sure. Ill tell him. Thank you very much for reconsidering. He bowed to her and then set his gaze on me.

He walked towards me and dragged me to sit near the piano. On the other hand, he sits on the other piano just across me.

Dont worry, everything will be alright. He said to me. I looked at him and took a deep breath before I set my hands on the keys.


PIECE 1......... PIECE 2.........PIECE 3


After our presentation, everyone clapped. I felt so happy that my hard work wasnt wasted. I just never expected that Jaejoong would help me in this. The teacher gave us a score of 93.

I stood up and bowed. The truth is I dont have the confidence to face him anymore. I know he helped me but...I dont know. Aish.

I walked my way immediately towards my seat.

Hey. I turned my head to my side. It was him. Nice work.

I bowed to him hesitantly. I cant even make an eye contact with him. Thanks. But it wasnt really necessary for you to take Yoochuns place.

Hey, Yeonhee, look at me. He said but I didnt do it. I became nervous when he lifted my chin to face him. I can see him looking through me and it bothered me. I know youre worried with Yoochun too, lets go together later, hm?

Uhh, okay.

See you later then. He said as he went to his seat. I, too, just sit beside Hara.

Are you alright? she asked.

Yeah.” Honestly, I wasn’t.

I dont want to stutter in front of him and I seem to hate it. This is so stupid.

[-End of Yeonhees pov-]

-----------------------------------------------

-RESUME MUSIC-

Boa arrived in the hospital a while ago and asked at the nurses station Yoochuns room.

 

She went to the elevator and stopped on the 3rd floor. She stood in front of his room and thought for a while.

What have you been doing again? then she knocked first and went inside.

He was there lying in bed, sleeping soundly.

She walked towards him and took a seat on the side of the bed.

Aish. PARK YOOCHUN!” she yelled at him.

Yoochun was started which made him awake. He looked at her and covered his face with the blanket.

Yah, why did you collapse? she asked calmly this time. Yoochun noticed it and lowered the blanket and went to sit on a 90-degrees position on the bed.

They told me that I was dehydrated. Well, too many things to do on the last few days that I dont really drink enough to compensate my bodily needs. He said while smiling at her. By the way, is Yeonhee alright at the presentation?

Yeah. Jaejoong volunteered to be your substitute. It was a good thing he knew the piece you were playing since we practice together in the music room.

Oh, its a relief. I was worried when I became conscious and woke up in the hospital.

Then she glared at him.

Hey, are you really that insensitive for being thirsty that you became dehydrated?

He realized that shes gonna blow any minute now but he just smiled at her cuteness every time shes mad.

Sorry, okay? Ill take care of myself from now on.

You should be! or Ill quit being your best friend if you dont! she said bluntly.

His face turned into a serious expression and pouted.

No way! I wont allow that to happen. He said and pulls her into a hug.

Boa was surprised when he did that. Yah, pabo, I was just joking. She chuckled at his action.

Take it back first. he said as he tightened his hug.

Fine. I take it back. By then, he broke off the hug and sighed.

Stop making Yoochun sicker. He said childishly.

Eeeww. It doesnt suit you.

Then they just laughed with each other.

---------------------------------------------------

[-Yeonhees pov-]

The presentations went on smoothly and just finished a while ago. It was a good thing our teacher is generous in giving grades. Weeeee!!

Going back to reality, Im on my way to Yoochuns room. Wait, let me change that. We are on our way to Yoochuns room. I guess you know who Im with.

Jaejoong knocked first before opening the door. We came in as Boa and Yoochun were chatting with each other.

They shifted their attention to us when we came in.

Yoochun greeted us with a smile. Jae, thanks for helping out Yeonhee on our presentation.

Sure. No problem. Jaejoong replied to him.

Then Yoochun met my gaze. Yeonhee, Im really sorry if I didnt make it a while ago.

Dont think like that. The main concern now is for you to get well. I said reassuring him.

Haha thanks. I wish someone should have said things like that to me a while ago rather than lecturing me. He said while looking at Boa. She noticed it and raised a brow.

What? Are you pertaining to me? she asked as he looked at him.

I never said that I was. He looked away and just chuckled.

Whatever. Maybe Ill just quit now. She said with a tone of certainty.

Yoochuns eyes widen. I dont know why but for them to be bickering with each other is really funny.

NO DONT DO THAT! Yoochun will behave from now on. He said like an obedient dog to his owner and holding Boas hand with both hands.

Uh, guys, Yeonhee and I will buy something. Well just go back later. Jaejoong suddenly said. Buying what? We havent even talked about buying something.

Alright. Yoochun replied.

Then, both of us went out of the room.

What are we gonna buy? I asked him.

Just follow my lead. He said as the both of us went out of the hospital and went to the nearest grocery store.

Some fruits will do, dont you think? he asked as we went to the fruit section.

Ah, yeah. I replied shortly. Ugh, I hate this. This moment Im with him. Im so anxious.

Hey, you okay? he asked me once again.

I was about to answer No when someone familiar came in the grocery store. No way. I really need to get out of here. But I was too late because she noticed Jaejoong and went to where we are.

Hi Jae! she greeted with a smile on her face.

Oh, Ayumi, what are you doing here?

Nothing much. Just buying something.

My anxiousness became worse when she shifted her attention to me. This is not happening.

She looked at me from head to foot and rolled her eyes from me. She shot me a look of disbelief like he was telling me why Im with Jaejoong right now.

Ill just pay for this. Jaejoong said as he left me with her. Why do you have to leave me here???

Youre really something, huh? Why cant you just stop being around him? Ayumi said annoyingly to me.

Look, our friend is admitted in the hospital right now and me being around him has a reason. I dont have anything to explain to you. Cant you just leave me and Hara with our own lives? Its not fun anymore. I said frankly to her and went near the counter to wait for Jaejoong .

I just couldnt stand it anymore. I dont care if Im gonna be kicked out. Ill just do what Im supposed to do and not following anyones orders or be affected by their threats.

Tears were starting to form in my eyes and I couldnt hold it anymore. They started to fall continuously when Jaejoong went to me.

Lets g Yeonhee?”

Before he could say something, I immediately walked fast going back to the hospital.

Yeonhee!

I didnt stop walking fast as he kept on calling me from behind.

We reached the hospital grounds when he held my arm which made me stop from walking fast.

What happened? Tell me. He went in front of me as I continuously cried.

Just leave me alone, please. I said in between sobs.

I really thought he left already when I suddenly felt him embrace me. This is the least I can do.

I just let it all out. Somehow, I felt better when he was there to comfort me.

[-End of Yeonhees pov-]

-------------------------------------------------

What?! Yuri exclaimed.

Yeah, believe it or not, she said those things to me. Ayumi replied shortly while drinking his bottled water.

What are we gonna do now?

Well just make them do things they want and in just a snap theyll be surprised that theyre already kicked out from the school. Ayumi said with an evil grin.

Sounds fun. That way theyll think we already stopped our threat but were just secretly moving on our plans.

With that, they separate ways and bid goodbye to each other.

Yuri was on her way home when someone called her from behind.

Minho?

Dont move, until I get there. He yelled while running towards her.

What is it? she asked.

I was gonna ask if you wanna grab a snack. Itll be my treat for doing great on our presentation a while ago. He said excitedly to her.

Uhh, alright. She replied with a smile.

They went to the nearest restaurant as they both ordered some food.

Youre boyfriend will not get mad with this, right? Minho said which made her look at him.

Huh? I dont have a boyfriend now. she replied to him.

Oh, Really? Hahaha. Sorry if I say things out of the blue.

Thats okay. I do that sometimes too. She said honestly and just smiled at his personality. How about you? You have a girlfriend right now?

Me? Nope. Havent had a girl I like yet.

Was Hara your girlfriend before becoming single right now? she asked bluntly.

Ah, yeah. Uhm, can I ask you a favor?

Hm? What is it?

Uhm, can you help me to get back with her? he asked.

Yuris eyes widen with the favor he asked of her. But she thought it would be a great opportunity for her to be with Taegoon if Hara and Minho will be together again.

Alright, Ill help you with that.