Chapter 3

Hot and Cold

 

After class, Taegoon packed his things and immediately went out of the room.

 

“See you later.” Jaejoong said.

 

He just raised his right hand like saying ‘Yeah.’

 

Not long enough Jaejoong left the room. Hara and Yeonhee are still there standing next to each other.

 

“I gotta head now to the dance room or I’m doomed.” Hara said.

 

Yeonhee accompanied her best friend to the dance room, it was just near the school auditorium. They were still outside the room but they can already hear the music but as they were about to enter, someone came out. It was Jaejoong. He was kinda shock to see them.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here? Are you gonna apply for the dance club or something?” he said while smiling at them.

 

“It’s not about that. I, uhm, I have business to attend to.” Hara said in reply.

 

“Oohh, I forgot about that…. He’s inside practicing with the others. I just came here to get something.” Then, he shifted his sight to Yeonhee and then to Hara.

 

“By the way, you can call me Jaejoong.”

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Hara. And this is—“ Jaejoong cuts off her sentence.

 

“Yeonhee.”

 

Yeonhee just bowed to him. She’s still sort of shy because she just knew him this morning and knowing that he’s like a kingka in the school.

 

Then, the three of them went inside the dance room and timing was so right since they had their break. They sit on the bench and Taegoon went to them. He was in his dance attire and he’s full of sweat. Jaejoong handed him a towel.

 

“Good. You came.” Taegoon said looking at Hara.

 

“Of course. I’m not a coward, you know.” She assured him. 

 

He rolled his eyes while shifting his sight to Jaejoong and signaled something.

 

“It’s hot in here. Yeonhee-sshi, let’s head out of this room. Come on.”

 

Without Yeonhee’s answer, Jaejoong grabbed her wrist and they head out of the room. Hara was surprised on what just happened. She was now left with Taegoon. She just said to herself that everything will gonna be fine and maybe this guy has just eaten something which made him mysterious.

 

Some of the dancers were talking about her again and she’s not enjoying it. She just let out a deep sigh and spoke to him.

 

“What do you want from me?” she asked him.

 

But as she was asking him, he already stood up and went back to practice. The music was starting to play and they all paid attention to it.

 

She was seated in the corner in front while watching them. She was shocked when they started dancing because their moves were so good.

 

‘Woah, I never thought he dances so great’ she thought. She didn’t notice that she was already staring at him until the whole song was finished.

 

“Well done, everyone. See you tomorrow then.”

 

After that, the other members got their things and left the room. So, only the two of them were inside.

 

Taegoon went to her direction and noticed that she was looking at him.

 

“Hey! Close your mouth or a fly will go in. You look so stupid.” He said while taking a seat beside her.

 

Hara snapped out from her senses and felt embarrassed. ‘Ugh! So arrogant!’ she thought.

 

“Shut up. Just tell me what you want so that I can go home already.”

 

“Hmm, it’s just simple. Clean this room now. It should be all clean when I come back, understood?”

 

She just nodded in agreement and then he left the room. She let out a deep sigh. ‘Why do I have to suffer like this?’ she thought

 

Hara turned off the air conditioner first and started cleaning the room.

 

“Why is he like that? He’s acting like a superior or something. He’s not even worth it. But he’s really scary, might as well do this or get something worst.” She said while cleaning the mirrors.

 

After that, she used the vacuum to clean the floor and then sit on the bench to rest.

 

“Phew! Finally I’m done.”

 

After ten minutes, Taegoon went in the room already in his dry clothes. Hara was leaning on the wall while sitting and he noticed her eyes closed.

 

“Yah! Don’t sleep here!” 

 

Hara was frightened by his voice so she immediately opened her eyes and glared at him.

 

“Can I leave now?” she asked.

 

He looked around first to see if everything is tidied up. “Okay.”

 

She immediately grabbed her things and went out of the campus. Then she dialed Yeonhee’s number but it was out of reach.

 

“Where is she? Well, I think she already went home since it’s already dark.”

 

She was still walking when a heavy rain suddenly poured down from the sky. Unfortunately, she hasn’t brought her umbrella.

 

“Oh great. Now what? I’ll be struck by thunder?” she complained under the rain.

 

She just continued walking.

 

On the other hand, Taegoon went to his car and drove out of the school. He was surprised by the sudden rain. As he was driving, he saw Hara walking and he could tell that she’s already soaked.

 

Though he’s a cold-hearted person, he still has concern for other people. So he stopped the car and opened the car window.

 

“Hey, confident girl.”

 

Hara turns her head to him. She was shocked to see him driving his own car. Then, she raised her left eyebrow to him.

 

“What now?”

 

“Get in before I change my mind.”

 

She was confused whether he’s just playing a trick on her or he really meant it. But she still doesn’t like his personality so she faced him.

 

“Huh? I’m still on my sane mind. I would prefer to walk and get soaked than to ride with you.” Then she continued walking.

 

“Still confident huh?” then he went out of his car and opened an umbrella.

 

He walked towards her and handed the umbrella. She was dumbfounded on what just happened. She just stared at his back as he returned to his car and drove off.

 

‘He’s not that bad as I thought of him.’ She said in her thoughts. Then she went home with the umbrella he gave her.