Sense (rewrite)

Heist Society

 

"Chen." Lay whispered, his voice barely audible.
"Chen?! Out of all people in this world you choose the traitor?!" Luhan was screaming now his delicate fingers running through his now messy hair. 
Tao shook his head at Luhan's reaction while Xiumin hung his head low.
--
Chen used to be part of their little 'family' before he made a terrible mistake. 
Trust is something that never should be broken. Trust is like an antique glass vase that a deceased grandmother has given their daughter who wanted to treasure it forever. If you broke it, it was gone and can never be brought back again. Sure there are replicas but nothing can last longer or be stronger as the original item. 
Everyone trusted Chen. They all, of course grew up together in China. Chen being the awkward Korean who joined the little group of friends one day at the park. The tiny, smiley kid approached Xiumin first and they became quick friends since they were both Korean toddlers in a country that wasn't part of their own. They were inseparable. Since Xiumin trusted Chen and Chen treated Xiumin so well, Luhan Lay and Tao accepted him into the group and they became a family. They all went on missions together and helped one another. It was as if they were made brothers, but ended up coming from different mothers. It was a mission that Tao's father couldn't take. It was a mission that was handed to the kids partially because Tao's father wanted to test their ability and teamwork and partially because he was already on another mission and couldn't possibly take two on at once by himself. 
It was to steal an ancient statue from a museum. One that was heavily guarded (not as much as the Henley) and hard to steal from. There have been successful cases, however there were very few. It was a time when they were teenagers. Rowdy, obnoxious but smart and swift.
No one was supposed to know of this plan but the five boys, but obviously it didn't turn out this way.
--
They all arrived in Egypt. Their equipment ready, their minds ready and their plan ready.
"Ready?" Luhan breathed standing beside the pyramid looking museum. Tao nodded his head as his fingers traced the hieroglyphics carved into the yellowed concrete. 
Xiumin also nodded while helping Chen fix his black shirt. 
"Let's move." Lay unscrewed the grate and dropped it into the sand. (the museum had sand all around it to seem like a more 'realistic' pyramid) He wriggled his dainty body inside the vent and Luhan and Xiumin followed in suit. 
"Coming?" Tao raised an eyebrow at Chen while he was fumbling with the messed up zipper on his jacket. 
"No, you go ahead." he said while looking and tugging at the zipper. "I don't want this to get caught on something so once I fix it I'll follow."
Tao shrugged and shook off the uneasy feeling approaching him and slid inside.
Humans have a way of sensing when something was wrong. It could be a sixth sense or it could be an warning impulse your brain sends out. Whatever you call it, a sense or a way of protecting yourself, every human has it. And it never is wrong.