Unlike Old Times

Heist Society

Tao woke up to the clatter of pots and pans from the kitchen. "Luhan, it's too early to cook.." Tao murmured, pulling the covers over his head then stretching his arms.

He felt something move next to him. God, Xiumin you are too old to have nightmares and come sleep with me since I know wushu.. Tao was planning to push Xiumin off with his foot when he saw a tangle of brown blonde hair through his slightly opened eyes. When did you dye your.. Oh my goodness. Tao tugged at the cover towards him a little so that it would slide over the person and then he can see the other person's face. It was Kris. Oh my goodness, oh dear, oh my god. Tao panicked, worried that something happened last night.

Once he got up, he realized something. He was laying on top of Kris' stomach and Kris had his arm around Tao, to pull him close to Kris. Tao jumped off the bed, apparently too quickly because he fell flat on his face. "Ouch." Tao groaned, feeling the pain shoot from the ground to his face. 

The thump sure did wake Kris up. Kris stood up and patted the area next to him. "Chen..? Where are you?" He crawled over to the side of the bed to look at the ground. Chen had this thing of rolling onto the ground when he slept, but he didn't see Chen. He saw someone else. It was Tao. "Tao, what are you doing on the ground?"

Oh nothing, I just really love the ground so much. "I fell from the bed." Tao stated obviously and pushed himself up Infinite scorpion style and turned to Kris. 

"What happened last night? Kris pushed his legs forward and sat up Indian style then ruffled his hair. After a couple of seconds he looked down at his basketball shorts. "Oh! We played basketball and got tired."

You don't remember how I got into your bed? Tao was so tired and hungry he didn't want to send a rude remark, so he shuffled over to the door and opened it, a bright white sparkling thing shone into his eyes, causing him to be blind. As soon as he closed the door behind him, someone tackled him and he hit the door. 

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Xiumin screamed in his ear. "Now we are all together once again!" 

Together.. What? Tao blinked tiredly as he looked around. In the kitchen, there was Luhan and Chen cooking together. Lay was standing up on the sofa, as usual learning girl group dances. He was dancing to Nobody by the Wonder Girls. They all really were together, like the old times. 

But then, Kris opened the door behind Tao and walked in. Now, it was nothing like the old times.

--

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Kris, who was shocked by the three other new guys who came in. Kris shifted awkwardly in the doorway.

"Hello, I'm Kris. Chen's roommate." Kris raised a hand up and then put it back down to his side. 

Everyone else just stared at Kris, wondering why he had to choose this time to ruin the mood. Xiumin slowly let go of Tao, his hyper mood slowly fading as he held his hand out. "Hello, I'm Xiumin." 

The other two greeted Kris the same way also, but secured to their spot. Chen sensed the tension as he always does and declared that it was time to eat breakfast. They all walked to the kitchen, where there was a table and exactly six chairs. Convenient. Xiumin pulled Chen in the seat right next to him. Luhan sat next to Chen and Lay was right across from Luhan. Kris sat in front of Xiumin and I sat in between him and Lay. After knowing where everyone now sat, Chen got up and started getting plates out. Xiumin, who most likely wanted to stay by Chen's side, followed him and helped him disperse the food onto the plates. After, setting all the plates in front of everyone and sitting down, everyone began to eat their bacon and eggs with toast. 

"So Kris, how did you meet our Chen?" Xiumin asked out of nowhere.

"I'm an old friend of his family who they knew back then. I just moved to China four years ago and so we met Chen and his family again." Kris began chewing on his food again after he answered Xiumin's question.

Luhan nodded while chewing. "So, does he know about..?" Luhan pointed his fork a little towards Chen.

"Is it fine with you guys? My family and I trust him." Chen stared at Kris.

Luhan nodded. Chen took the task of telling him about our mission and what we were going to do. 

Somehow, something bothered Tao. Maybe it's because I normally don't eat non- Chinese food in the mornings. He tugged the little thought to the back of his mind.

--

"Ah, I see." Kris said once he absorbed all of the new information in. "Arturo Taccone is not someone to mess with though... I think we have to be very careful."

Wait, who said he can join us? Everyone else nodded, not noticing the fact that Kris just added himself to the mission. 

"We need to make a plan." Luhan stated simply after Chen cleared the table and Xiumin washed the dishes.

They started planning. Tao, Kris, Lay and Luhan would be in charge of blueprinting all of the cameras and security devices. While they are doing this in disguise at the Henley, Chen and Xiumin will be watching out for them outside in a van. Chen would also be in charge of figuring out the times that the guards switch and the average time it takes for them to change. 

"This is all the pre mission stuff that we need to do." Luhan looked at everyone closely. "You all know what to do, right?"

Everyone else nodded. 

The mission has just begun.