Oddity

Seoul: The City of Resolution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“When the other man returned and told him of the reason why he never appeared, the man was so angry and challenged him boldly.” By now, he knows that Hyun Ah has worked out who and who, and he feels no point of hiding it anymore, but still, he wants to keep it in a storytelling conversation. “But oddly, after seeing how much that other man tries to get her back, to make things better, to pay for what he has owed her over the years, and how much he is fighting for her, the man’s feeling somehow… changed.” He grimaces and regards her.   “How has it changed?” She wants to know.   “It’s like…” he tries to explain. “He still wants to protect her and her child, but the urge to fight the other man isn’t there anymore.” His forehead creases pensively as he contemplates his words. “It’s like… because the other man has returned, the man feels less anxious for the woman and her child. It’s like…” he hesitates, “I don’t know. It’s weird, isn’t it?”   He sits there in a trance as a genuine smile makes its way onto her face. “It’s not.” She takes a deep breath before she continues, “I think he loves her, but in the way that is different to what he thought. She taught him many things; she showed him what real life is about and what unconditional love is. It’s his male protective nature that made him feel the way he does about her, but when the other man returned and resumed his position, the main character doesn’t feel the need to have her the way he wanted her anymore. He feels that his job has been completed, but he also wants to be there for that woman and her child, as a brother, as a protector.”   A familiar voice comes to his mind, along with words that are quite similar to Hyun Ah’s.

 

“There are many kinds of love. Loving to the point that you don’t know you love them is one. On the other hand, sometimes when you’re kind to someone without demanding anything in return, it’s not always related to love; it’s because they show you what real life is about, they let you know the goodness of human nature, and they teach you how to wholly accept yourself the way you are. Just that.”

 

At this memory, a small smile tugs on his lips as things begin to make sense to him.

 

 

“I left my watch in the bathroom!”   Krystal stops walking and turns to the little girl by her side. “Do you want me to go down with you?”   They have gone for spa and sauna, and have just returned to the entrance of their villa. To be honest, Krystal doesn’t want to walk another ten minutes to where the spa and sauna are located.   “No, it’s okay. I know my way,” Paris reassures her with a grin. “Can you please tell my mum that I’ll be back soon?”   Krystal smiles. “Sure.”   She enters with her key to find the place empty. Wondering where everyone is, she makes her way back to the bedroom. Her breath hitches and she jumps in surprise when she finds a figure—no, two figures on the bed. The lights are off and the curtains are closed, but some light manage to penetrate into the room, allowing her to see through the dimmed light.   Her eyes adjust and she realises that Myung Soo is , as well as Amber, who is lying—no, sleeping on top of him.   Out of all places, out of all time, they had to do it here and now!   She releases a strangled breath and covers her eyes. “I’m so sorry!”   “Can you lower your voice?” Myung Soo hisses.   She puts her hands down and raises a brow at him. Shouldn’t he be embarrassed at this time and scramble away to leave?   “If you leave now, you shall be forgiven.”   She watches him as he looks down in defeat at the bare woman on him.   “This is my room,” Krystal reminds him.   “I know,” he sighs, “but can you let me stay here for another hour? At least until Amber wakes up?”   “Why?” she wonders.   Myung Soo shoots her a look, although she cannot see clearly through the darkness. “How would you feel if you wake up to an empty bed after you made love to Hyun Joong?”   Krystal winces at the image. “I don’t need to know that! Well, I guess I see what you mean.” She gazes the way they are presenting right now. She doesn’t want to know what is under the blanket, but she can make a guess of what is happening here. “So, you guys made up?”   He takes a long, deep breath in. “I hope so.”   “You don’t sound happy?”   “I am happy,” he says. “It’s just… I hope she doesn’t regret it.”   Krystal creases her brow at the oddity of his statement. “What do you mean? You just… ‘made love’.”   He sighs again, bringing his hand to Amber’s hair gently. They watch her back rise up and down through her deep sleep. “I’m just… afraid she might regret it when she wakes up; and tell me to forget it.”   Krystal clucks her tongue, “L!”   “And I don’t want you to be here when I do get rejected. I just want her to confirm it again when she wakes up.”   Krystal holds back the words at the tip of her tongue and decides to leave. It’s not her place to say anything anyway. When she closes the door, she finds her sister with her husband at the door, having returned to their villa.   “Where are you going?” Jessica asks curiously.   “We should leave for a moment,” Krystal answers offhandedly.   “Why?” Jae Joong inquires.   “Someone’s about to get rejected and he doesn’t want us here” is all she could say to explain.

 

 

He feels her stirring awake and stiffens as his heart rate escalates. His eyes never leave her as she grimaces for slipping into consciousness, props herself up into a sitting position, and looks down at him. His gaze sweeps down to her breas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter