Chapter 2 - Baby!

Happy Father's Day!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 - Baby!

 

Yunho got some plates (as well as a shirt) and placed them on the table as what Yuri had instructed. He left out the chopsticks and spoons on the side and also got some glasses. Yunho poured out fresh orange-carrot juice in her glass while he got some special, low-fat milk for himself.

His wife came along with two dishes of what is seemed to be like Omurice, stir-fried rice-filled omelet. The egg dish was complimented with a squiggle of ketchup on it. The ketchup on Yunho's Omurice spelled 'LOVE' and Yuri added a heart-shaped cheese onto his meal.

“Bon a petit, darling!” she said as she took a seat opposite Yunho.

He took in the fresh aroma of the food as he dug up. “Mm, you never fail to amuse me with your cooking, dear! What’s in it?”

Yuri smirked in satisfaction as she took another spoon into . “Hm…Let me see, I put in some baby carrots, baby corn, baby peas, baby potatoes, blocks of tofu and lean, fresh meat. Do you have an idea for the theme of our food today?”

“Hm…The theme? Well, since they’re all baby veggies, I’m guessing that our theme is healthy, young food?” he answered, unsure of the statement he just said.

She smiled and nodded her head, in which Yunho had responded with a sigh of relief. Although it was a nice reply, it still wasn’t just the correct response that she was expecting.

‘Ugh. I feel stupid. Why doesn’t he get what I’m saying?’ Yuri thought as she chewed on the spuds thoroughly.

“Did you blanch out the vegetables?” he asked, breaking the silence between the two of them.

“Mhm, just what you wanted. Soft, chewy vegetables! Fit for a baby. Fit for my baby!” she gave the hint another try, in hopes of Yunho getting the point about the ‘baby’ thing.

‘Baby?’ said Yunho in his mind, confused at the fact that Yuri kept on emphasizing that word.

As they ate more, a thought came out of Yuri’s head.

“Mm! It’s father’s day today, neh?” she said to Yunho as his eyes almost popped out of his sockets.

“Oh, ! That almost slipped off my mind!” he cried out, the ketchup smudging on the side of his lips.

Yuri chuckled as she wiped off the smudge with a tissue. “Do you have any plans for today?”

Yunho shrugged at her question. “I don’t know. Dad’s pretty busy with his business and I may have a schedule today. Manager hyung has been bugging me last night with his phone calls.”

She played around with the peas on her plate. “Oh, okay.”

“And you? Why don’t you spend the day with Hyuk Joon hyung…Go on and surprise Sang Woo Ahbeonim.”

Yuri scoffed at his statement. “Pfsh. Hyuk Joon Oppa at surprises! And besides, we’re siblings! We won’t agree on anything!”

“C’mon, just give it a try!”

“I’ll just Skype them up. Appa and Umma are still in Jeju, doing who knows what…” she rolled her eyes.

Yunho laughed at his wife. “I wouldn’t be so surprised if they called you up, telling that you’ll be an unnie and will be having another sibling!”

“YAAAH!”

---

The couple finished up their morning munchies and Yunho volunteered to do the dishes as soon as he took off all the morsels left on the plates. He slung the apron on his neck and tied the ribbon around his body. And beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter