Chapter 3 - The missing puzzle piece...

Happy Father's Day!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 - The missing puzzle piece...

 

 

Yuri stood up carefully with the assistance of Yunho. “Well, I might take time to finish things up in here. You could go take a shower in our bathroom while I wash up here.”

“But you promised me that we’ll take a bath together today!” Yunho replied with that cute pout of his.

Her eyebrow rose gradually. “Do you honestly want to shower in a bathroom full of vomit?”

Yunho smirked proudly. “No matter what bathroom it is, as long as I’m with you and I could touch you…”

His wife squealed as she backed away from Yunho gradually. “Why don’t you try controlling your hormones and march to the bathroom in our room before I smack you to death?!” stated Yuri sternly, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Ugh. Fine, fine. You don’t want to take a bath with baby Yunho coz you don’t love baby Yunho anymore!” cooed the man with a hint of aegyo lingering in his voice.

She scoffed. “Well, if baby Yunho would take a bath in the other bathroom, I might change my mind and make up to him at bed.”

As soon as Yuri said the last word, Yunho grinned like an idiot as his swift feet brought him to the other bathroom.

---

Yuri dried her brown, silky hair with the soft towel as she eyed herself in the mirror standing in front of her. She studied herself down from her toes to her face and gave a smile to the reflection. From the little, faint creases planted on her forehead to the humble smile lines on the corner of her lips, she knew, this Yuri was getting a little older day by day, and she found it a tad annoying, knowing that her youthful self is slowly transforming into a matured lady. And as she gazed at her reflection more, she remembered the article she read a few days ago. It discussed about her smiling and talking to a little girl, whom she believed is a daughter of one of the staffs in the company.

 They were outside the KBS building, and she was yet again tired from the strenuous preparations for SNSD’s comeback but she was not that exhausted to give out a little beam and some cups of coffee for the workers who helped them so much with the recordings. The article was entitled, ‘SNSD’s Yuri flashes a motherly smile to a little girl’. The thought of having her smile described as ‘motherly’ made her feel old. She didn’t really despise the thought but Yuri couldn’t help but be a little anxious.

What if she really is a mother?

Yuri made sure that Yunho hadn’t come out of the bathroom yet and when she was certain that he was still taking a bath, she dived in to the drawer in her dark-oaken cabinet and grabbed a small, locked box with her initials, ‘KY’, in it. She unbolted the box with the diminutive, silver key and the keyhole clicked, signaling that the box was open. Yuri heaved an unfathomable and lengthy sigh as she got one of the three USB-sized things stored in the blue box. She got it and opened the cover, revealing the results from last night’s pregnancy test.

The test had a tiny pink plus sign on it, indicating that she was positive. Soon, she also opened the other two white tests, and they were marked with that pink plus sign again. She groaned at the sight of that before she stuffed it inside the box again upon hearing Yunho coming out of the bathroom.

“What do you have there, sweetheart?” said Yunho, a towel wrapped tightly around his torso.

He dried his hair with another smaller towel as he approached his darling. Aghast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter