Suite 2106

To Care

 

            Suite 2106 was considered one of the best rooms in the Grand Seoul Hotel.  On one of the top five floors, the room gave a spectacular view of the city from any angle.  Unlike some of the rooms, this one had a large balcony.  Few would actually dare to hang out there, but the ones who did were rewarded.  The cool breezes were refreshing, especially on warm or tense nights.  If the outdoors did not suit those, there were many amenities to be enjoyed. Many enjoyed the full bar.  Then there were those loved the home theatre, which made the viewing experience incredible.  Meanwhile others enjoyed the bathroom that seemed to come from a French aristocrat home from the classic pearly white bathtub and intricate vanities.  Then there was that mix of modern.  Whatever it was, there was something for everyone.

           Many people tried to book this specific suite.  People would call months before hand, even a year.  Yet many received the same response, “I apologize that we cannot this room for you.”  Very few were lucky.  Some would try to ask how it was possible to even get one of the most impossible rooms.  There was not really a trick though, well for most that was.  Especially for the likes of Choi Seunghyun, whose best friend Seungri, the heir of this hotel.  Being the good friend and party animal he was, Seungri always had this room and a few others normally reserved for his friends.  The young man had to admit though, one of his best friends Seunghyun seemed to be these rooms often.  It was not like the cool man was going to hide his reasons though.  Many of their friends knew it involved a certain woman.  However tonight’s reasons were not close to what was in their minds.

           Seunghyun was in the living room, placed on the middle black sofa.  His back was slightly hunched, as he rested his head in his hands.  After all he had a long strenuous day at work, but what he was facing now was even more.  He rapidly shook his legs.  Time barely passed.  Then he pushed his suit sleeve.  The watch gave no better news.  It was still 9:52 PM.  At this point, he was too impatient.

           “Where is that damn girl,” he growled.

 

Three Days Ago

            That day was calmer than the usual.  At three in the afternoon, instead of yelling at his employees or stressing about something, this task he was up to was much more relaxing.  Seunghyun was in his office, leaning his chair back reading some files.  Every few seconds, he would nodded his head.  Some in disapproval.  Some in agreement.  It did not matter though, he was would eventually change it some how anyways.  After he penciled in some ideas onto the files, he heard his phone ring.  Thinking that it was his secretary, he immediately answered the phone.

            “Hello.”

            The other side was silent for a few moment.  Only soft breaths could be heard.  There were short and sudden.  No rhythm to it.

            Irritated, he commanded, “Speak.”

            “TOP.”

            At first that voice was familiar, but he could not put his finger on it exactly.  Not wanting to talk a complete stranger though, he demanded, “Who is this?”

            The voice was quiet again for a few moments.  Then a deep breath was heard, “It’s Gyuri.  I need to talk to you.”

 

KNOCK

KNOCK

            They were not loud.  There was a gentle hit to the door.  However Seunghyun was able to catch it with his sharp ears.  Knowing whom it was, he leapt out of his seat and charged to the door.  Each arm was stiff.  Barely moving.  Each step was fast and short.  He was like a robot.  Then again he wished he had no feelings at the moment.

            When he reached the door, he held his breath.  He could not loosen up or relax.  How could he?  Especially with what was to happen.  With these thoughts in his mind, he pulled the door. 

            Standing there was Gyuri in a cream Bohemian dress that cut at her mid thighs.  Her hair was simple, kept down and brushed.  She wore a maroon knitted beanie.  Seeing her in this casual look was new for him.  Especially since he was so used to her in tight and y clothing.  Still though she was beautiful.  However, TOP tried to get these thoughts out of his mind.  He was unsure how he felt towards her at the moment.

 

            “TOP?” her voice trembled.

            Wanting a response, he snapped, “What is it already?”

            “Hayoung.  Hayoung,” she kept repeating such a familiar name. 

            “What about her?” TOP did not see why she was even calling him.  Sure she sounded nervous about something, but why did it involve him.

            “She has an STD,” Gyuri finally revealed.

            “I’m sorry?” he did not know how to respond.  He did not really know this Hayoung person.

            Realizing that TOP did not get the situation, Gyuri’s nerves bundled even more.  She wished that he would had gotten earlier so she did not need to explain this.  These words were something that scared her to even think about.  However these thoughts haunted her because it involved them.

            “Eunhyuk is her regular and he might have it too,” Gyuri tried to embellish, hoping he would get it.

            From the other side, TOP’s jaw dropped.  The pieces were quickly forming on their own in his head.  He did not the reality to be the final puzzle piece in his head though. 

            “My boss wants you and me to be tested,” she took another moment of silence, “Since Eunhyuk was my client too.”

 

            Both of them sat in the living room, but in opposite couches.  Gyuri was on the loveseat, keeping to herself.  Her body was constricted and tight, as she rubbed her thighs nervously.  She stared at her glass of water on the coffee table most of the time.  Too much roamed in her mind. 

           If this was positive, what would she do?  She hated to say this, but ing allowed her to support her and her younger sister Jiyoung.  Since their parents died, Gyuri had to watch over the both of them.  However she did not want Jiyoung to feel like they sacrificed too much.  That was why prositituting worked for her.  It allowed Jiyoung to live a “normal” life.  The young girl did not have to feel poor or inferior to few classmates.  Sure their house was not the best, but they could afford decent meals and pay the rent on time.  Jiyoung could be a normal girl with nice clothes, hang out with friends, and things that applied to teenage girls.  But now especially since she was in college, things were much more expensive.  There was the tuition, books, food, and dorming.  Gyuri insisted that her younger sister dormed.  The younger one needed to experience the college life that the older one could not have.

            If she gave him this, what could she do?  She would not be able to live with herself.

            As this happened every few seconds Gyuri would glance at TOP.  She was too scared to focus on him though.  He was in her mind instead.  Looking at him was too deadly.  Especially from the way he positioned himself.

            Unlike Gyuri, who huddled to herself, Seunghyun sat at the edge of the seat.  His back was hunched.  His hands were clamped together.  His chin rested on his united fists.  Eyes hawked at his cellphone. 

            In TOP’s mind, if it was positive he would need treatment.  Then he would need to break t to his parents.  It would be terrible to tell such news, but he would not reveal all the details.  Wouldn’t it be terrible enough that he might have an STD.  They did not need to know about his business with Gyuri.   Then if others found out about him and his STDs, would he be able to marry?  Sure marriage was not important, but he could not have his image tarnished. 

            Their lives depended on that phone call. 

            Since the announcement, TOP insisted that they both got tested after that phone call.  After speed searching through his connections, he was able to find a private clinic owned by his friend.  There he had the both of them tested there.  His friend would do it for them privately.  That way very few would know of such words.  Today though was the big reveal.

RING
RING

            Both of them looked at each other.  Gone were those confident aura that they projected. Now it filled with a scared loneliness.

            Seunghyun had to be brave though.  He grabbed the phone.

            “Evening.”

            Gyuri watched the phone call.  All he did was nod his head.  There were no emotions to his face.  She feared for the worst.  They were positive.

            “Thank you.  Good night to you too,” TOP ended the conversation.  Once he put the phone down, he turned to her.  “We’re negative.”

            Hearing this, her heart was much lighter.  Her spirits were lifted.  A smile formed on her face, as tears of joy were starting to form.  She was unsure what to do.  TOP on the other hand, was stoic.  Nothing was different.  He was still emotionless.

            “Gyuri.  I’ll pay you for tonight,” he started to grab his wallet.  She tried to stop him, but he would listen.

            “I’m going, but stay here if you want to,” he seemed to command, once he dropped the check on the table.  He was not up for any tricks tonight.  He just left her alone.

            Once the door was closed, Gyuri looked at the check.  She was gobstuck.

            It was for $10,000.

            

 

Hey everyone! Sorry if this wasn't the greatest chapter, but it leads up to the next one which I will try to write when I have free time.   Before we go, please send good thoughts and prayers to people affected by hurricane Sandy.  We should be thankful for the good things everyday.  Once again THANK YOU for the support with the reading, subscribing, and commenting.  Seeing this makes me appreciate what I have and inspires me to write.