Facing Reality

My Sweet Neko

 

One thing I was quite grateful about was that when I changed back into a human, I actually had clothes on. Now, that was a shocker because I was prepared to be but I wasn’t. Last thing I needed to do was expose myself to the world. I went back home and opened the door. Nothing was out of place; it looked the same like I had left it. I realized that it was soon going to be lunch time and I needed to hurry and get ready. I showered, did my hair, and made sure I looked extra delicious. After all, my crush missed me. I wore a deep blue button down shirt that was button expect for the first three buttons. I wore some black denim jeans and some sneakers. The funny thing was that when I changed back, I still had the collar on me. I knew that this was going to be proof that what I have to tell him is real. I put the collar in my pocket and made my way to the café.

****

I arrived at the café. It had been a while, but I still decided to order my usual. Junho was really happy to see me. I smiled at him; very happy to be my normal self, but also hiding that when he gets home Channie cat isn’t going to be there.

“Hey you! How was your vacation?” asked Junho.

“It was great. I got back not too long ago and wanted something to eat. I missed being here so much and seeing you.” This made him blush. I meant this and it was intentional for me to flirt.

“Well, would you like your usual today or something different?”

“The usual.”

“Ok. I’ll be bringing it to you shortly.”

I patiently waited. Somehow it seemed that the more time went by the more anxious I became. He brought my food and to my surprise he sat down at the table with me. He was on break.

“I noticed that you go on break before you get off. Why is that?”

“So I have more time to do nothing and take my time eating.”

“Good point. So how have you been?”

“Well” said Junho. “I have a new pet now”

I cringed but made sure that he didn’t notice. “Really? Where did he come from?”

“Weirdest story. Just two weeks ago I had gotten off work on a Friday and the cat came up to me and was trying to get my attention. He was so cute; I couldn’t help but want to take him home and I did. I had him ever since. He is such a sweet kitty.”

“Sounds like he makes a good companion.”

“He does. As a matter of fact, I wanted to get home a little early because I missed him.”

“Maybe I can go with you. Plus, I think it would be good if you had my number in case if you needed me for something.”

He blushes and was shy to take it, but he did. “Thank you”

“Sure. Well, I am going to be going now” said Junho.

“Ok.”

I knew exactly what he was going to expect when he got there. I felt bad, but I knew I was going to be expecting a phone call from him. I knew that I had to get my story straight when he calls. After I ate, I went home and rested. In about three hours my phone rang. I didn’t recognize the number and new that it had to be Junho.

“Hello?”

“Oh my God Chansung! I’m so glad you answered.”

“Why, is everything ok?”

“No. My kitty is gone! I looked for him everywhere! I think he might have gotten out when I left this morning. He could be anywhere! I have to find him. I was wondering if you could help.”

“Yes, of course! I’ll be there soon don’t worry”

I knew that this was very serious to him so I made sure to get to him in a timely fashion. When I arrived at his door, I knocked. It took him five seconds to open the door. Yea, this was serious. When I saw his face, his eyes were red and it looked like he had been crying. I felt so bad. I knew that if we went out and actually tried looking, that would make things even worse. I came inside and tried to console him. We were sitting on the couch and he just lay in my arms and cried against my chest. I rubbed his back to get him to calm down.

“Junho, there is something that I have to tell you”

“I know, but what about the kitty? We have to find him! I don’t want anything bad to happen to him”

“I know, but what I have to tell you is about the kitty.”

Everything on his face changed and he looked at me with a very serious look. It was almost like he was preparing himself for the worst news. I had gone over my story about how I would explain this over and over in my head, but since now was the time to actually explain, I could not speak the words. However, I knew that it was now or never and I needed to get this out; even if it didn’t make a bit of sense.

“Junho…well, first off, the cat is fine. I’ll say that much. But you aren’t going to find him.”

(Sniff) “What do you mean I won’t find him? Why?”

Hardest question ever. “Well…if I told you, you wouldn’t believe me. I am even having a hard time believing this myself.”

“What do you mean? Chansung, what is going on?”

“The cat that you have been spending time with was actually me. Like, I was your pet for the past week and a half. Somehow I don’t know how; I was turned into a cat because I wished it.”

He face was a blank stare. However, I knew I had to continue.

“After I had left your house, I knew that I wanted to be close to you. I like you, and I was too afraid to tell you; although I had opportunity to. Because you liked cats, I thought it would be good to wish to be your pet so that’s why I did it. I didn’t think it would happen though but it did. I know it sounds crazy but I’m telling the truth. If you don’t believe me, here is the cat collar.”

I put the collar on the table in front of him. He looked at me in amazement and picked up the collar to examine it. It was legit enough. Trying to put together the pieces of this whole thing and asked:

“You mean, you did all of this just to get close to me?”

“Yes, and I want you to be mine. I know that in the past you haven’t been treated right. I want to make you happy. I just hope that you think I deserve you. You are so kind, loving, and affectionate. These past few days had been the best days of my life. Now, I just want to be with you.”

He looked at me and tears had fallen again; but this time it was for a different reason. To also prove that I wasn’t making this up, I showed him the cut on my arms from when he took me on the picnic with him. None of this was coincidence. He threw his arms around me and kissed me. I was surprised. However, I kissed back and held him close. We stayed that way on the couch for hours. He took this a lot better than I had thought. I expected him to freak out and possibly throw something at me but he was for the most part calm about it. I was glad that all of this happened.

“So, you mean to tell me that all this time I had been sleeping with you, kissing you, cuddling you, bathing you, and all that other stuff?”

“Yes”

“And that was you who could come into my room when I am getting dressed?”

I fell silent. I was too guilty. “Yes, but I couldn’t help it. You’re so hot”

He blushed.  “You’re hot too. That’s why I like you so much. So does this make us a couple?”

“Yes.”

“Wonderful. I was wondering if you would like to spend the night with me”

“I’d love to”

Satisfied, he climbed on top of me on the couch and we cuddles close. We fell asleep like this for a while before we went to the bedroom. He was finally mine.