Unspoken Words

My Sweet Neko

A few more days began to pass and I have become the luckiest person in the world. Life with Junho was absolutely wonderful and I wanted this moment to last forever. However, I realized that some days have passed and I do not have that much time left. So far is had been six days and I only have nine left. I would think that would be plenty of time, but the more I thought about it; the task I had to do was really difficult.

What I was supposed to do was somehow get Junho to know that I liked him as much as he liked me without giving myself away. I knew that there was no way I could do this without looking suspicious. Whenever he mentioned me, I would try and act as enthusiastic as possible to encourage him to still like me so I guess I have done something. However, without having a direct way of telling him this, the whole thing would pretty much be a lost cause.

I was pondering all of this while he was at work today. I knew that he was going to be home in the next three hours and that would give me time to do whatever I wanted. I wished I could go and check on my home, but I knew that there was no way I could get from here to the other side of town without catching the bus. I wasn’t going to try my luck and hope on some random truck because that could be going anywhere. My best option was to stay put.

I took a nap and before I knew it, Junho was walking through the door. It was hot today but it was going to be cooler later on. He came home sweaty and immediately put everything down to crash on the couch. He let out a deep sigh and just closed his eyes.

“Channie~ Where are you kitty?”

“Meow” (I’m here)

“Come here. I missed you~”

I eagerly came into the living room and rubbed against his hand that was hanging off the couch. He smiled and rubbed my head. I then hopped up on his chest and laid on him. He smiled and rubbed my back. Really, he was the one who needed a back rub but instead he was rubbing mine. I wanted to give him the same amount of affection he gave me. Instead, I got closer and gave him a kiss.

“Awww! You’re such a sweetie. I’m surprised no one had claimed you after all this time. I guess you really are mine now” he smiled.

“I know you have been cooped up in here for the past few days and is probably bored as hell when I am at work. I have somewhere I want to take you; it’s a surprise.”

“Mew?” (Where?)

“I can’t tell you. But I know that you will like it a lot”

Now he had me curious. I didn’t know where this surprise place was, but knowing him, it was probably going to be a nice place. Before we left, he took a shower and put on some sweat pants and a tank top. That was one my of favorite things for him to wear because his pants felt nice when I was on his lap and I could slide up his shirt to rub up against his skin. I followed him to the kitchen and I noticed that he was packing a picnic basket. Looks like we were going on a picnic. I thought that was very sweet. How many people do you know that would take their cats or any pet on a picnic? He was always making me melt with his sweetness.

He put me in my carrying bag and took the food with us. We caught the bus. We were on it for a while and I had no idea where we were going. I was never on this part of town very often, so it was new for me to see more land and fewer houses here and there. Soon, we came to our stop and we walked up a hill. The houses were arranged along a street and then on the sides of some hills. Once we reached the top of one hill, the view of the city was spectacular. I had never seen anything so beautiful. I looked over at Junho who was spreading out a blanket and the food for us. Everything looked delicious. It took him no time to pack this and I was hungry at this point.

He fed me seafood mixed with veggies and for dessert I had banana yogurt. Banana was my favorite fruit and whenever he had some at the house I would beg Junho for some. I was full and very satisfied. He lay next to me on the blanket lying on his stomach. I was also lying down and we were both looking at the sky.

“Such a beautiful sight isn’t it?”

“Meow” (Yes, very much”

“I used to come here with my cousin before she moved. This is the best spot to see the sunset over the entire province. I thought that it would be something you would like.”

I purred. The sun was beginning to set and the sky was filled with hues of reds, oranges, and even some pink. I wished I could take pictures. He put his arms around me and held me closer to him. This was so romantic. This would have been the perfect moment to tell him how I felt, but I was unable to. Now, I was beginning to feel the frustration of having human limitations. It took about twenty minutes for the sun to go down to make a nice nightly haze in the sky. I wanted to run around and smell flowers. Junho consented and took a nap.

It was just my damn luck to cut my arm on some wood. It hurt so badly and a piece of it was stuck in my arm. Junho heard me mewing and came over to see what was wrong.

“Kitty, what’s the matter?”

“Mew mew” (I hurt my arm).

“Did you hurt yourself?”

“Mew” (Yes)

“Poor baby. Don’t worry; I have just what we need for this. But it might hurt. I’ll be as gentle as I can ok?”

“Mew” (ok)

He picked me up and carried me to the blanket. He want in his bag and pulled out a mini first-aid kit. He was always prepared. He first pulled out the splinter. That was so painful. My eyes began to water. Then, he cleaned the cut and put a bandage on it. Then he wrapped it. He was so gentle with every movement and I knew that it was going to be just fine. However, the tears couldn’t be held back and they fell down my cheeks. I didn’t know cats could cry.

“Baby, are you crying?” (Realizes I was) “Don’t cry! I’m here. Everything is going to be fine alright?”

I shied away slightly. I didn’t want to look so vulnerable. He noticed this and laid back down. He brought his face close to mind and turned my face so I could look at him. He smiled and kissed my tears away. Then he rubbed his nose against mine. I could no longer be sad now because this felt so nice. I closed my eyes and purred. He then rubbed his nose on my cheek and scratched the other side. He knew I liked that. I purred happily.

“That’s my boy” he said.

We stayed at the park for two more hours. It was dark by the time we got home. I was so tired. We got settled and he made sure I was comfortable in his bed. I slept on a pillow next to him and he kissed me good night.

I began to think really hard about this whole thing. Considering what I knew, he liked me. That was going to be the hard part knowing how he felt about me but I heard him admit it. The next thing was letting him know my feelings. There was no way that I could do that as a cat. I also wondered what was going to happen when my time was up; other than turning back human. As far as I was concerned, being a cat was the way I could get close to Junho and find out more about him. No one said that there was a specific way I would have to do things so I thought I was doing ok. However, I knew that after this, I could no longer around. He deserved to have his feelings returned. I knew that at some put I was going to have to answer for this whole situation, but I was going to deal with that issue when the time came. It is so hard to speak the words you want to say when you can’t.