29

Project Wedding

 

My eyes started to open and my limbs began to twitch here and there as my brain decided to wake up. It was too dark to be morning. I looked at my phone and realised I was asleep for a few hours.

I jerked up when the thought dawned to me; I was sleeping beside Kris. My legs scrambled into a rapid motion, throttling me out of the sleeping bag. What the hell was I doing? I the tent's light and finally I could see everything properly.

Kris' face wore an irritated frown as he stirred out of his slumber. I looked around, seeing no one else in the tent. Everybody must still be outside.

"Why are you over there?" Kris interrupted my thoughts. He was awake now and looking at me whilst lifting half of his body off the ground with his elbows.

I sighed out, thankful that I awoke when I did. "I think I'll sleep on the floor" I stated, going to my bag to get out an extra woolly blanket I packed just in case; I didn't think I'd be using it in a situation like this. Kris ruffled his hair and those golden eyebrows creased immensely, "Why would you want to do that?"

I dropped the blanket and gave him a testy look; "Because anybody can walk in and see that we are sleeping together and send the wrong message"

Kris rolled his eyes, "You mean Jiho. I think that would be a great message to send"

With a loud scoff, I placed both hands on my hips. "No, Mei Lien! You just kissed her, might I remind you only minutes before you confessed to me, and now she believes everything is rainbows and unicorns between the two of you. You need to fix that before you come anywhere near me mister" I scoffed once again while shaking my head as Kris looked down, "You didn't even apologise for it"

"You know that I'm sorry" Kris said in a guilty voice. With a deep breath inhaled, I slipped into the blanket. "Do you really mean it because the last time, you just went on becoming a stupid head again?" I said sarcastically. I pulled the blanket over my head, hopefully ending the conversation at that. However I could clearly hear movement.

"Hyesu, I'll sleep on the floor, you go back to the sleeping bag. I held onto the blanket tighter. "No." I huffed out defiantly.

"Come on, just sleep in your own sleeping bag." he kept on urging. Curling up like a ball, I made sure to stand my ground. "I don't want to!" I cried. But he kept bugging me. I yelled out, leaping from my spot. "Alright! You're so annoying sometimes" I said while striding to my own sleeping bag. Kris stifled a laugh but I still heard it. He tugged my arm back, making me face him. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for something to be said.

Kris had a playful smile etched on his face, "Don't I get a goodnight kiss?"

I managed to snort at the idea without letting my eyes be drawn to his plump lips. Resuming my journey to my sleeping bag, I was once again pulled back.

"What now?" I demanded. I looked at him with a disapproving expression.

He still had a silly smile on his. "I like you and I know you're mad at me but I will do better from now on and show you I am worthy...worthier than Jiho" he added at the end quietly under his breath. I twisted my lips and awkwardly cleared my throat. "Go to sleep" I said tentatively. Stiffly I walked away and slid into the sleeping bag.


The following morning, our group all sat in a rough circle as we ate scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast. It was ridiculously early to be awake but our teachers had a full day planned.

Min was extremely happy to be spending time with Chanyeol. She suddenly lowered her voice and mumbled, "Are you still a then?"

I almost choked on the food in my mouth. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked with a ludicrous expression.

"I saw the scandalous position you were in yesterday" she grinned, faltering in to a huge fit of giggles, almost falling over which only made her laugh more, "Do I hear wedding bell?"

I shook my head while half smiling at her odd behaviour. "No, don't be silly. He still has a lot to prove"

Min kept nudging me on the side, “You sure about that mate?”

I finally laughed and shoved her head away from me, “Go away you annoying thing”

The teacher came around to us finally to inform about today’s events. First on the list was canoeing. I couldn’t wait! I was slightly overly excited as we all made a move towards the nearby stream.

“Have a good sleep Hyesu?” Jiho asked. I snapped my head in his direction, quickly remembering the evening before: what said and did. “Erm yes” I nodded gingerly.

“Yah why are you awkward?” Jiho chided with me, nudging repeatedly in the sides sending a tickling sensation. He didn’t stop until he made me burst out laughing. “Stop! “ I pushed him back and kept a grin on my face.

“Let’s get to the boats” I suggesting, skipping towards the team leader who was organising it all. Jiho followed behind as I walked ahead.

Kris was in front of me by then. And he didn’t look like the happiest person on Earth. I swallowed down and smiled at him.

His shoulders rose indicating his breath intake was deep. As swiftly as he could, he grabbed my arm and pulled me beside him, “You’re my partner Hyesu”

“Er what? When did I agree to that?” I asked, blinking at him.

“I agreed for you” Kris smirked cunningly, “Besides, I told you, I’m going to start making up for things until you properly forgive. I am going to stick to you for as long as it takes. We might have to share another sleeping bag again”

My lips parted as my mouth fell open in astonishment. I could barely react because Kris began leading that way to out canoe.  


I wrote most of this on my phone!! 

Phew! I'm so glad I finished this chapter. Otherwise I would have kept putting it off