21

Project Wedding

 

Kris was driving to lord knows where. He had his window rolled down and one arm propped at the window frame with his fingers running through his windswept hair. The sight was breath-taking; especially with that sulky aura that left his brows creased in annoyance and him chewing on his bottom lip.

I turned my head away from him and leaned against the window. When did I get so submissive to a guy? I was already regretting choosing to enter his car because now it felt like he could push me around whenever he wanted to.

“You’re mumbling” Kris stated. I groaned in my head, duly noting to stop thinking aloud. “I’m sorry that my mumbling caused you such an inconvenience” I retorted with pent up attitude I had stored.

He clicked his tongue while rolling his eyes. “I never said it was”

I ignored that comment and made a complaint instead, “Why are you so uncivilised with Jiho? He has done nothing to offend you!”

I had to bring it up. He was acting silly and frankly he couldn’t drag me away every time I was with Jiho. Kris’ face hardened, as if he wasn’t in the mood to discuss it; however, I was.

“Well, are you just going to sit there and say nothing?” I demanded an answer from him. He glanced at me before looking ahead at the road again.

“No. I’m going to sit here and drive as well” Kris said cleverly but it only made me madder than before.

“Fine. Be like that” I said with resentment. “Stop the car please”

“Huh? No I can’t” he began to explain however I intervened and cut him off. “Kris, stop the car so I can get out. If you don’t then I’ll just have to leave this car with it still moving” I threatened.

Kris scoffed and I saw him raise an eyebrow. The stupid guy didn’t believe me and was trying to call my bluff. If he wanted to play it like that then I was fine with that.

“Okay, but you asked for it” I said softly. I made a move to open the door and it opened a small crack.

“Are you crazy?” Kris yelled, “God, alright, I’m stopping!”

Feeling satisfied, I closed the door and sat properly in my chair until his car found a small parking space. As soon as the engine ceased to work, I got out of the car and looked around. My house wasn’t too far from here.

I heard another car door slam and noticed Kris come out as well.

“No” I said firmly, placing my hand in the air to make a sort of gesture that told him not to make another move. “You cannot keep doing this to me”

Kris sighed, “What am I doing exactly?”

“You know exactly what. I feel...” I struggled to find the words I was trying to say, “I feel like I have to deal with a jealous boyfriend when I don’t even have one; you know that well enough”

Kris made no motion to say anything or make any move at all. I threw my arms in the air in exasperation, feeling irritated by his silence.

“Okay so maybe I was jealous. I see nothing wrong with that” He shrugged. I groaned aloud, wanting to hit him or something.

“Of course there’s something wrong with that statement” I huffed, “You can’t be jealous. I refuse you to be!”

Kris laughed at me and took a step closer to me; his eyebrow was raised and his lips rose in a glorious smirk. “You refuse me to be? Is that right now?”

I blinked at him and decided to take a bigger step away from him. “Yes I do actually. You do not own me. You are nothing but a friend to me, understand?”

Kris marched over to me and his arms scooped me up and placed me on the low wall behind me. I was immensely startled by the change and my legs wriggled in search of the floor.

“Kris! What are you playing at?” I complained. He chuckled n my ear and only then did I realise how close he was to me.

“I am proving you wrong” he stated. His breath radiated against my skin as his lips ghosted across, barely touching me at all. My bottom lip quivered slightly and I it in only to have me biting down on it.

His cold hands both braced my thighs; the coldness seeped through my pants as they glided up to my hips. My eyes were hooded and I could barely make a sound. My breathing had stopped as I was afraid that it would all end too soon.

His lips hovered over mine, his forehead pressed firmly against mine and both hands now cradling my cheeks in his palm.

“Tell me what you want” Kris said. I had no voice left in me. I wasn’t sure what I was doing with him and why I felt so numb to everything but him.

He chuckled so that the vibrations were just about felt by my lips.

“Tell me...” he began, “Tell me if anyone else can make you feel like this”

My eyes sprung open, feeling insulted and used. What was I? Some pet he could toy with whenever he felt like it.

I jumped off the wall, shoving him away from me.

“Don’t speak to me again, you arrogant moron” I hissed. I turned my back on him and stalked off. It was official; he was a complete and utter jerk.

I reached home and was attacked by the warmth of it. I slumped into the sofa and sighed. My sister was on the adjacent one, munching on a bag of popcorn while watching a film on TV.

“Alright sis?” she asked, her eyes only glancing at me. I shrugged and tried hard to forget about the events of this evening.

But Kris made it so hard for me to do that. He was engraved in my head and my heart.