The Climb

A B2stly Tale

   1:30 AM

It was shivering cold. Dongwoon looked at his wrist watch. It was so early. He was still a bit sleepy as he walks out of their dorm. He was wearing such thick clothing for it was really really cold! He heads out silently. It was a wee bit quiet not much people are hanging around the building and even outside the building. Perhaps, they're all asleep. His breath was icy, as usual. But today was just a different kind of coldness. He walks down the street and it was a very unusual feeling. Maybe it's beacuse of what his planning to do. This is totally insane in every ways. Man, there's no turning back. He finds his way to the school, fast. There, he stood ten steps away from the school's main entrance. He looke staright ahead. There's someone else standing in front of those big walls. He wonders why. He just walked closer to the entrance ducking his head and his hands on his pocket. He stopped at the main gate. He sensed that the person stopped and was staring at him. Then just turned around and resume what he/she was doing. Dongwoon then looked up. "You?!" he bursted out after seeing who the person was.  It was the same girl, from the exam and the dorm incident. She fell after getting surprised by Dongwoon's shout. She fell hard on the ground. "Hey, are you alright?" he helped her stood up. She rubbed her the moment she got up. "Are you insane?! Why do you have to do that?" she looked at him. She was wearing her pajamas. "Sorry, I was just so surprised. What are you doing here?" Dongwoon said. "I'm trying to get in, what do you think." she replied. "Why?" "I'm kinda' wondering if my phone is in here somewhere. I lost it over 6 days ago" she flooked up to him. He knew about the phone. "Hey, I'm telling you, I know where your phone is" he said with a creepy smile. She turned to face him again. "What?! Ha, don't joke around me" "I'm serious" "Prove it" "Glad to, your phone is an iPhone with a white casing" "Duh, that's common" she turned around and tried to figure out how to climb those walls. "And it has a dolphin key chain attched to it" SNAP. That was it. He hit that right. She turned around. "Give it to me then" she demanded. "Oh I will alright" she knew that by his tone, he needed something from her and she knew exactly what it is. "After you help me get my bike back" he straighly said. Dongwoon didn't want her to be involved in this but he needs help, besides, she was gonna do it anyway. "But will you promise to give my phone back?" "Of course yes!" "Alright, I'll help you" she finally said. "YES!~" he shouted with glee. It made her giggle. "Give me a boost" she said and he did. She jumped gracefull to the walls of the school. She then gave him a hand and he climbed up the wall. "On 3!" she held his hand. He looked at her as she was the first ever girl to take his hand. It was a different feeling. Very weird and mysterious but still very heart warming. That moment suddenly snapped. "3!" and they both jumped. Dongwoon has never been really good at jumping or balance, foot work to be exact. So it was really hard to balance and he landed on his foot but fell on his bottom a little later. "Are you alright?" she asked as she reached to him. He looked up to her, her hair was blowing with the wind, she really looked lovely and all, he took her hands and she helped him stand up. "Now, let's look for your bike" she looked areound then back to him. "Yeah" they started looking at the front. It wasn't there. "Where did you park it?" she asked him. "I remember leaving it when running from a bunch of fan girls" he said.  "Maybe they took it inside the school building" she looked at him wondering. "Why would they do that?" "Lost and found?" "Mmm, good point. Let's take a look" they agreed into using the hair pin trick to unlock the big doors. It cracked. They went in. As they walked on the hallway, they felt really nervous, breaking and entering. "You know, I suddenly got the senses we could be imprisoned for trespassing" Dongwoon turned around ready to leave. "Hey, are you really that scared? You really think we're goona get caught?" "Heck yeah!" "Big baby! We're here. There's no turning back!" she patted his back. "Hey, you're bike!" she pointed at the cleaning closet. They scrammed closer to it. Dongwoon examine it. "yeah, my bike!" he hugged it like nuts. "Come on let's get out of here!" she pulled him. Dongwoon carried his bike. "Gimme a boost!" she said and he helped her. She got on the wall. She reached him and he made it with his bike. It was heavy. "HEY!~" a very big voice called. Then a light pointed towards them. "The COPS!" their eyes widened. "What now?" Dongwoon looked at her. She looked at the bike. "We're riding out!" She got on the bike. "Hop on!" she said and the patrol car was getting closer. "What?! Are you crazy?" he wasn't hiself anymore. "YEAH! HOP ON!" he just hopped on. It was crazy but she manipulated the bike and jumped off the wall. The impact was so strong. "Hey! You kids, stop right there!" the patrol car was really close. She paddled faster. "FASTER! FASTER!" he yelled. "I'm going faster MISTER!" she yelled back. It was ANOTHER rough chase but, thankfully, a dark ally saved them. They stopped when the cops went to the oppsite direction. They were both breathless. A little later, they sighed. "I think we lost them" Dongwoon spoke up. "Yeah" she answered. "Nice paddling" he smiled. "Thanks. Though you could've paddled for us you know" she smiled. "There, you got your bike, now, can I get my phone back" "Oh." he checked his pockets. "I think I left it back at the dorm" he made a cute face. She smiled. "Ok. Let's go" she said. They started walking home. "Where did you learned that hair pin trick?" he asked in the midst of silence between them. "Why? Are you still doubting me?" she looked up at him. "No, it's just that, for a girl, how did you learned that? It's just so amazing!" She giggled. "I learned it myself. I always lock my cabinet and other stuff, I'm a bit clumsy you know. Later, I just learned how to do it" "That's amazing!" "You're so ignorant for a tall guy" "What does being a tall guy has to do with this stuff?" "I don't know, maybe because almost all tall guys are smart, I think" Dongwoon giggled. "You're also a bit weird" "Who you calling weird?! You know, just gimme my phone back!" "Hey, chillax, I'm just kidding" "Oh, i'm sorry, I'm a bit sensitive with names" "It's ok" they reached he dorm in not time. "Wait here" Dongwoon sneak in as quiet as he can. "Here" he went out with her phone. "Thanks" she got it. She turned around and started her way to her room. "Hey, wait!" Dongwoon called.  She turned around to see him. "Ah, thanks for helping me escape those cops and for helping me get my bike back" he couldn't look at her straight but he knew she smiled. "Do you really wanna thank me? Buy me lunch when school starts" she said and walked away again. He looked up to see her walking down the hall way but she got in and wasn't there anymore. "Alright" he whispered to himself.