3

May

“What's the big deal if I yell? No one's telling me to stop but you.”

 

Kris furrowed his brows in annoyance.

 

“This is a library, Luhan! People come here to read and--”

 

“Make out?”

 

“What?”

 

“Make out.” Luhan pointed to a boy and girl getting it on in between the high shelves.

 

“Don't change the subject. Just stop yelling!”

 

Kris turned his head to look for a clock somewhere, only to see Sehun sneak behind Luhan and looked at the rest of them, putting a finger to his lips and telling them to be quiet. In a snap, Sehun threw his hands on Luhan's shoulders, making him scream like a little girl.

 

The librarian snapped her head toward the group and pointed to the door.

 

 

“You ! You made me scream like a girl...”

 

“I thought it was kind of cute,” Chen said.

Everyone turned their heads toward him, even Xiumin, his closest friend. Chen barely talked.

 

“What?”

 

Kris coughed. “Nothing.”

 

He looked at Tao. He was detached from their group—but then again, they only started talking to him yesterday. And he was probably freaked out by Luhan. He checked his watch. 6 minutes until school starts.

 

“Crap, I forgot Carlos in there!”

 

Kris facepalmed again. “See, if you didn't scream so much, maybe she'd let you back in there.”

 

Luhan gaped. “It wasn't my fault! Sehun sneaked up on me and I--”

 

Tao raised his hand. “I'll go get...Carlos.”

 

Tao made his way back into the library, leaving the group confused as to why Tao was only acting up now.

 

“That was weird,” said Luhan.

 

Kris glared at him. “You should be happy he's doing something for you.”

 

 

The bell sounded throughout the halls of the school. All of a sudden, students poured in through them, going to their classes.

 

“I'll see you guys at lunch,” Kris said, walking to his own class.

 

“Wait! Tao still hasn't come back with Carlos!”

 

 “Go check the lost and found. Maybe someone already took it.”

 

 

Tao had looked around the whole library for Luhan's precious violin, but came up with nothing. He could've sworn he left it at their table.

 

He felt his stomach drop when the bell rang. He either went to class like a good student, or tried to find Carlos like a good friend.

 

…He decided to go with the latter. He made his way toward the librarian and asked if she had seen a violin case.

 

“Byun Baekhyun just left off with it,” she answered, typing away on her computer.

 

...Tao had only moved here 3 weeks ago though, and still didn't know anyone.

 

“Who's Byun Baekhyun?”

 

“A 2nd year who wears a lot of eyeliner. Get to class.”

 

What would this Baekhyun need with Luhan's violin?

 

Tao ran out side the library, searching frantically for a 2nd year who wears a lot of eyeliner and has a violin. He was about to give up when he saw two guys pass him, one carrying a violin, accompanied by a much taller one.

 

“Hey, um, B-Baekhyun?” he half-yelled. He hoped he was right.

 

They both turned around. Just as he thought. One was wearing a lot of eyeliner.

 

“Do I know you?” the shorter one asked.

 

Tao became self-conscious then, and felt shy. No one in the school knew who he was.

 

“Um no, but, that violin, it's...”

 

“What about it?”

 

“It's um, Luhan's...”

 

“It's mine.”

 

“But...Luhan, he...”

 

Baekhyun looked irritated. “If it's supposedly Luhan's, then why do you need it?”

 

The taller one put a hand on his shoulder and whispered something in his ear. Baekhyun's expression softened.

 

Tao looked down and fiddled with his thumbs. They were probably talking about him.

 

“He left it in the library and I wanted to go get it for him.”

 

“...So you're saying this isn't my violin?”

 

Silence.

 

“...Yes.”

 

Baekhyun lifted up the case and inspected the sticker on it. It had Luhan's name and not his. He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling guilt.

 

“Ah, you're right. I'm sorry I was rude to you.”

 

Tao met eyes with him.

 

“It's fine...M-My name is Tao.”

 

Baekhyun held the violin toward him, Tao taking it.

 

“Hi, Tao. How did you know my name anyway?”

 

“I asked the librarian.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Then, a deep voice boomed in Tao's ears. “Bacon, we gotta go. Ol' Pruneface will yell at us if we're too late.”

 

“Aw, screw him! Let's just not go.”

 

“But--”

 

“Chanyeol, please? You don't want to face his crap either. And we have to go look for my violin anyways.”

 

So that's the weird-voiced tall guy's name. Chanyeol.

 

“I-I'm going to go now, so bye!” Tao said, and scurried off to his class with Carlos.

 

--

a/n: what is it with me making bacon such a ? i am horrible. just wait tho. there will be some baektao bromance soon. and then some taoris. except that'll be romance. hints of hunhan and baekyeol anndseuidgjasriogjweop whatever else i decide to throw in. sorry my writing's so weak right now, i'm not exactly in the best of moods.

don't fall for people, they'll you over and break your heart and make you cry.

anyways, thanks everyone for liking my stories. :) <3 i'll update bump when this is all over.  love you guys.