Whir. Click.

So this is Love

“Closer together please,” the photographer said for what seemed like the hundredth time in the past half hour.

“It’s a lover’s concept for goodness sake,” he muttered loud enough for them to hear.

Hyoyeon felt Siwon’s arm curl tighter around her waist but she pulled away finding his nearness unnerving. The photographer’s tongue clicking seemed to match the whirring clicks of his camera as he took the photos.

“Please look at each other at least,” he sighed moving toward them for a close up.

Hyoyeon looked up at Siwon, meeting his eyes for a few seconds before setting her gaze slightly off to the right so that she seemed like she was looking at him but not quite. Another click of the camera. Siwon shifted poses and she felt rather than saw his head lean down, his warm breath tickled her ear.

“Why are you so afraid to look at me?” he whispered.

She turned her gaze to meet his enquiring one.

“I’m not afraid,” she replied.

Another click from the camera. He shifted poses taking hold of her hand and intertwining their fingers.

“Yes you are,” he smiled just in time for the next shot.”You haven’t looked me in the eye for longer than two seconds since we started.”

“I’m not afraid,” Hyoyeon followed his lead, “Does it matter if I actually look at you or not? The pictures won’t tell. We’re just acting anyway.”

Whir. Click.

“I’m not acting.”

Hyoyeon paused, surprised by the seriousness in his voice. She glanced up at him, looking into his eyes seeing that same intensity she remembered from so long ago, all focused on her. Whir. Click. Whir. Click. Whir. Click. The photographer pulled further away hoping to capture more of that moment from a different perspective, whatever it is that had passed between them, the photographer loved it.

“That’s it now. Show me more of that,” he cooed.

Hyoyeon looked away, keeping her eyes level with Siwon’s chest. It wasn’t easy to keep her expression adequately serious given Siwon’s words. As they shifted poses, she went along with the motions letting Siwon guide her.

“You’ve gone quiet,” he observed.

She didn’t respond.

“I can’t tell if it’s because you don’t like what I just said…”

She felt his hand on her face, cupping her cheek and whether it was reflex or for the camera or because she wanted to she tilted her hand into his head. Whir. Click. She pulled away. She couldn’t let herself be pulled in. Let the photos come out awkward, she thought. This was what Siwon did, he slowly drew you to him, made you feel special and then when he thought it became complicated he pushed you away. She hated that.

She put some distance between them.

“Or is it because you don’t believe me,” he closed the distance between them, bringing her up against his body.

What was he doing? There were people watching.

“Look at me,” it was a gentle command.

She did and he leaned so close to her that for a moment she thought he really would kiss her. But he didn’t.

“Perfect,” the photographer called, “Perfect!”

They then shifted poses so that Siwon stood behind her, his arms hung loose around her waist as the photographer explained what kind of expressions and poses he wanted from them.  The makeup artist touched them up, her questioning gaze making Hyoyeon feel even more awkward and she attempted to pull away. But he wouldn’t let her.

“Bigger smile Hyoyeon,” the photographer said, “We’re using this for the day cream bill boards, we need a bright happy image, you need to show how fantastic the product makes you and your skin feel!”

How could she smile? Hyoyeon wondered. Siwon was standing so close to her she could feel things…she didn’t really want to be feeling pressed up against her, his hands seemed intent on roaming up and down her waist and side and because his poses were possessive and translated well for the concept the photographer seemed absolutely over the moon. She couldn’t move.

Was this what some people would call idol harassment? She wondered. She could sue.

“Am I making you uncomfortable?” Siwon asked.

The way he said it made her sure he knew he was. And he was enjoying it.

“Not at all.”

“Are you sure?” he moved his hand, resting it on far too low over her belly.

“Yes I’m sure,” she replied placing her own hand over his and moving it subtly back up.

He chuckled, “Good. Making you uncomfortable is the last thing I want to do.”

She smiled. She couldn’t help it. Apparently there was another good memory from their time together that had lain undisturbed all this time.

It had taken her a little time to get used to close skinship although she’d tried her very best to hide it , especially with Siwon, even at seventeen he had been so much taller, and broader and just so overtly masculine that she had always felt a little uncomfortable whenever he got too close. And so he’d always ask if he was making her uncomfortable, to which she’d reply no, and he’d say ‘good because making you uncomfortable is the last thing I want to do’. And soon it had become something of a private joke between them.

Whir. Click.

“Great!” the photographer said. “Give me more of those expressions.”

“I’m glad you still remember that,” Siwon said.

Hyoyeon didn’t respond. Realisation hit her like a tonne of bricks. Throughout the shoot he’d been guiding her, helping her make the right expression whenever the photographer made a comment, getting her talking so that she could forget how uncomfortable she felt with their poses. Somehow he’d done it, her back into the “Web of Siwon” where he could make her relaxed enough to let him hold her close, allow him to caress her cheek or even make her laugh with just one comment.

“Okay I think we have all we need,” the photographer announced after a few more shots.

His assistants who had throughout the shoot been taking stock of the shots he was snapping on a computer at the end of the set gave him the thumbs up sign and the entire set erupted into claps.

“Good job everyone!”

Although, she could tell that Siwon wanted to talk some more she left immediately after making her bows in thanks to the staff. She couldn’t handle any more innuendo from him. Her head was already swimming in a pool or unwanted thoughts and emotions. Foremost amongst those emotions was annoyance, annoyance with herself for falling so easily in step with Siwon and responding exactly as he expected to his comments earlier, annoyance at allowing herself to wonder if he was being sincere but most of all annoyance at the burst of hope that had flickered in her chest when he’d said he wasn’t acting.

 

 

 

*This chapter is a little shorter than the others but I'll have the next one up a little faster than I uploaded this one. Happy reading :)*