Chapter 5

For What It's Worth

 

“now what are we gonna do?” Jessica asked Yuri after the guy’s cellphone battery died
 
“I dunno. Talk. Sleep. Talk. Sleep. Take your pick”
 
“That's a lot of options for someone like us who are stuck inside this elevator" Jessica said sarcastically
 
"I know right. So what do you think we should do?"
 
"I'll vote for sleep since I wasn’t able to complete my 14 hours of sleep last night”
 
“Excuse me? 14 hours of sleep EVERYDAY? What are you woman, a snail?” Yuri said amused from what he heard
Jessica answered him with a glare
 
“Okay okay then. Do whatever you want”
 
"Good. Keep quiet and make sure to wake me up when the rescue team has arrive" Jessica warned Yuri while pointing her finger at him
 
"Yes, Ma'am" Yuri said jokingly.
 
He watched her as she finds the perfect position to sleep. He watched her as she rolled back and forth. Back and forth from one position to another. Yuri realized he was the one who was being frustrated from what position she should do in able to sleep comfortably. 
 
And so he did the first thing that came to his mind
 
“Come on, you can sleep here” Yuri said while tapping his lap
 
“No, Thanks. I’m already fine here”
 
“Are you sure? I swear you’ll get stiff neck if you would sleep in that position.”
 
Yuri waited for her to move but he then realized that Jessica didn’t have any plan to accept his offer so he was the one who went to her side.
 
"Come on, my offer is only valid for a minute. Now it's 59 seconds. Make your decision, Jessica."
 
Jessica hesitated but then realized that Yuri did have a point so she went to him but instead of sleeping on his lap, she layed her head on his broad shoulder
 
“I prefer to sleep here.”
 
Yuri was about to protest but suddenly got what Jessica meant. They were strangers after all so it will be a bit awkward if Jessica would sleep on his lap.
 
Yuri slouched a bit in able for Jessica to reached his shoulder 
 
"Sleep tight, Jessica"
 
Yuri waited for an answer but got nothing. 
 
She must be asleep. Yuri thought.  He was about to dozed off as well when he heard Jessica talked
 
“Yuri, where are you specifically from Korea again”
 
“Seoul.”
 
“Tell me, how do Seoul look like”
 
“S.E.O.U.L. Call it with me, the beautiful word that makes my dreams come true
The place where joy overflows where I go~ I love you~
S.E.O.U.L. Shout it with me, the happiness that can laugh
Wherever~~ The world where everything becomes one”  Yuri sang
 
Jessica stared and laughed at him because of his voice
 
“Hey! you shoud be honored, i rarely sang for people. Why did you ask in the first place?” 
 
“Nothing... Yuri.. " Jessica uttered
 
“Hm?”
 
“If that’s how it looks in Seoul, then why are you here in the first place? Seoul seems a promising place based from what you’ve told me. “
 
Yuri was not prepared for Jessica’s question. Nobody ask him that question in Frankfurt for they assumed it was because of the big offer. Of course, part of his reason was that but it’s much much more than the big offer.
 
“I need to move on” 
 
Jessica didn’t ask him any further as she already knew what Yuri meant with his answer, he got his heartbroken in Korea. 
She stayed quiet and kept on asking herself how can someone left a person like this nice stranger sitting besides her. 
 
-----------------
 
Yuri is a guy that every girl in the world will be willing to die for, an undeniably good looking, intelligent, understanding, caring and most importantly someone who loves Tiffany so dearly. Just what like others described him, He's perfect that even Edward Cullen is nothing compared to him.
 
He always understands Tiffany. Supports her and do something for her when she can't do it herself. When the two of them fought, Yuri would rather be wrong just to make Tiffany feels better. He would rather admit that it was his fault just to make sure that they fix everything before the two of them go to sleep. 
 
 
Yuri was too perfect to the point that Tiffany felt she’s not worthy of him. Too perfect to the point that she got bored with him and their relationship. Too perfect to the extent she sought for adventure, thrill and excitement.
 
For that reason, she tried something new, something thrilling and exciting yet extremely wrong.  She had an affair.
An affair which caused Tiffany to lose the person she most loved. 
 
"I swear I'd find him, and when I do, I'll do whatever it takes to remove all the pain in him" Tiffany uttered as she sipped another glass of vodka
 
"And what if you're not the person that could heal him?"
 
"I'm the one who caused it so I believe I'm the only person who can take it away"
 
"Let me rephrase my question, what if you're not the one for him? What if you're just the person who'd make him realize that there's still another person out there. A person that will make things right for him. A person who'd value his love more than you do?" Hyoyeon said in a sad tone. 
 
Tiffany didn't know what to answer. It never enter her mind perhaps because she already put in her mind that no matter what happen between her and Yuri, they would still end up together. She's confused and scared at the same time.What if Hyoyeon was right? What if she and Yuri were not really for each other? What if she's just the other girl?
That thought brought an unbearable pain in her heart. She didn't know how or why but the words slipped off unexpectedly  
 
"I'll let him go" her answer brought a lot of tears from her eyes. 
 
she has to move on
 
 
----
So it took me more than a month to update. Sorry folks, i got really busy this past month so i have no time to update.
 
YulTi had decided to move on. The exciting parts are coming. See y'all soon
 
Thanks again for your support and for reading

 

I re-read this chapter and I'm not happy with my grammar and everything. I promise to edit it tomorrow since I'm really tired right now.