Chapter 08

For What It's Worth

“You knew each other?” Mr. Jung  asked.

“Yes” Yuri and Jessica said at the same time.

“Dad, do you remember the day before yesterday, when I got stuck in the elevator? Well I was stuck with him” Jessica explained.

Mr. Jung smiled secretly then teased “Then I guess destiny has its way of bringing you together once again.”

Jessica gave his father a death glare but her father just shoved it off.

“Jessica, this is Yuri, he will be the chief Engineer for the Lexikon tower.  And Yuri, this is Jessica, she will be the chief architect for the same project. You two will walk.. I mean work hand in hand in finishing the Lexicon tower, a building that everyone has been talking about.” Mr. Jung uttered to both Yuri and Jessica.

“Everyone has been talking about the project so I expect a lot from the two of you. Make me proud, will you?” Mr. Jung added

“Since when did I let you down, Dad?” Jessica said proudly.

Mr Jung smiled at Jessica then turned to Yuri.

“It will be my honor Mr Jung” Yuri smiled.

Mr Jung clapped his hand as a sign of satisfaction then said “ Excellent stuff. So I guess I will leave the two of you for now. I still have a meeting to attend to.”

“Alright, see you later Dad.” Jessica bid good bye to her father while Yuri bow down to Mr Jung as a sign of good bye.

After few seconds since the old man left, Yuri was again the first one to brokethe silence.

“Your father is an interesting man, isn’t he?” Yuri asked.

“He is. Sometimes, he’s just.. nevermind. Sooo you’re an Engineer. ” Jessica uttered

“And you’re an architect” Yuri said

“Surprised? I guess it just run in the blood”

“Well for your looks, I would have thought that you’re a model or something. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making a move on you, I’m just a very honest man” Yuri said jokingly

“I guess you are. But sorry, I don’t have money to treat you right now.” Jessica answered.

“Well you could borrow some from me for now. Treat now, pay later.”  Yuri said

The two of them laugh together.

“On a serious note, since we will be working with each other for a while, would you mind if I buy you a coffee or something, Jessica?” Yuri asked excitedly

“Hmm. I would love to but I still have work to do. I’m sorry.” Jessica lied. Jessica didn’t find anything wrong with Yuri’s invitation but she didn’t know why she find it awkward to have a coffee with him.

“It’s okay, I understand. Perhaps, next time?” Yuri said sadly.

Jessica looked guiltily at him while nodding.

“I should get going. It was really nice to meet you again, Jessica.”  Yuri smiled.  Even though Yuri was smiling, Jessica could see the disappointment on his eyes.

Yuri was about to leave when Jessica suddenly said “Sure”

Yuri stopped then looked at Jessica. “I know a really good coffee shop around the area. It will be a shame if I didn’t bring you there.” Jessica added

Yuri smiled widely showing his perfect set of teeth

 “Let me just talk to my secretary” Jessica said.

“Alright, I’ll just wait for you at the lobby.” Yuri answered

Yuri was still smiling widely while opening the door for Jessica.  Jessica couldn’t help but smile as well.

While they were walking they accidentally bumped on Sunny.

Jessica quickly introduced them with each other

“Sunny, this is Yuri Kwon, the Chief Engineer for the Lexikon Tower. And Yuri this is Sunny Lee, my secretary/best friend”

Yuri extended his hand for a shake then uttered “It was nice to meet you, Ms. Lee”

“Oh, stop the formality, you can call me Sunny. It was nice to meet you as well Yuri” Sunny smiled while extending her hand as well for a handshake.

Sunny quickly turned to Jessica then gave her a teasing smile. Jessica glared at her then shoved her off.

“Sunny, I will be out for a while to discuss things with Yuri. If someone called and asked for me, kindly tell them I’ll get back to them later.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of everything Jessica. Just enjoy your coffee with Yuri”

“Thanks Soonkyu!” Jessica teased as a revenge.

 Yuri and Jessica bid good bye to Sunny then headed for the elevator.

“I guess our adventure did not end at the elevator Jessica. Who would have thought that it’s just the beginning of our adventure” Yuri said with a smile.  

Then the elevator arrived.

===============================

 

 

I got inspired so yea, there's chapter 8. 

Thanks guys!