Chapter 4

For What It's Worth

It's been a week since Yuri started to worked at Lexikon Corporation and he must admit, it was difficult to adjust since the culture of German employees are really different from the Korean. Good thing he was fluent in speaking german so he didn't have any difficulties in communicating with the people at work. All in all, he enjoyed working in Frankfurt.

"Good morning, Yuri" the guard at the entrance lobby greeted him with a smile

"Good morning" Yuri said showing his perfect set of white teeth

He then walked to the elevator and pressed number 38. The door was about to close but he heard someone shouted "Wait!" He immediately pressed the open button revealing the most beautiful girl he had seen in Frankfurt so far.

"Thanks" the girl said

He smiled in reply then asked "Which floor?"

"33"

The atmosphere went silent immediately as they started to elavate from the ground.

27

28

29

30

31

2 more floors then this beautiful girl will finally reach her destination. Yuri thought

32 oh sh!t. The elevator stopped and everything went black

Before he can react from what happened, he heard a loud dolphin scream coming from the girl that was with him in the elevator.

"OH MY GOSH!!! WHAT HAPPENED?" The girl said panicly while pressing all the buttons in the elevator

"I think the elevator broke down"

"BROKE DOWN? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BROKE DOWN?"

"It means it's either the power went--"

"I KNOW WHAT BROKE DOWN MEANS. I MEAN WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW?"

"First, you need to stop shouting at me because honestly, you're damaging my eardrum. Second, don't panic. And Third, let's ask for some help" Yuri said while he picked his cellphone from his pocket only to found out there was no signal. Sh!t really did happen.

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN THE TWO OF US ARE STUCK INSIDE THIS DAMN ELEVATOR?"

Yuri ignored her and pressed the emergency button in order to communicate with the people who maintain the elevator

"Hello"

He waited for someone from the other line but got nothing.

"Hello. There are two people who are stuck in the elevator."

Again he got nothing. Oh sh!t. We're doomed

He turned to the girl that was now having a difficulty to breathe and already in the verge of crying

He immediately went to her and asked "what's wrong?"

"Asthma. Inhaler. Bag"

Yuri started to panicked while he looked for the inhaler inside the girl's bag.

When he found what he was looking for, he immediately handed the inhaler to the girl

Yuri watched as the girl started to used the inhaler to normalize her breathing.

But Yuri noticed that the breathing of the girl hasn't changed so he back hugged her and asked her to used the inhaler again then before the girl could exhale he caught her nose and mouth first and said "Hold on. 1.. 2..exhale" Then released his hands which covered the nose and the mouth of the girl.

They repeated the process for another two times before the girl's breathing was finally back to normal.

"Are you okay now?" he stop from back hugging her then asked worriedly

"Yes. Thank you so much.."

"Yuri. Kwon Yuri" as he extends his hand

The girl smiled even more widely then said

"I knew it. You're Korean as well! The name is Jessica Jung." As she extended her hand to meet his.

"Well, Jessica, I guess we're stuck with each other from quite some time"

"Yeah. I guess so"

Then there was silence. Yuri started to think of something that would make the atmosphere less awkward

"Say Jessica, What brought you here in Frankfurt?"

"I grew up here. You?"

"Work"

"Ah" then the atmosphere went silent again

Yuri took out his phone and started to play temple run

Since he was still a beginner, he died at the score of 23,538.

A loud laugh came from the girl beside him

"You're such a noob. Come on, let me play it"

He handed her his phone and heard her said "I'll show you how to play temple run"

He watched her as he concentrated to the game and before he realized it, he already studying the features of the girl. She has a very sleep eyes with a milky white skin. Her jawline is visible which emphasized her beauty. And her lips.. He tried to divert his attention so he just went back to looked at the screen of his phone. He was shocked that it was now on 3 million.

He did what first came into his mind, he shook her hands which caused the game on which Jessica was playing lose. And then he laughed.

"what the hell?"

"It's not fair. I downloaded this app just recently so I'm still a beginner. Let's play tap tap" he challenged her

"Challenge accepted"

They played, teased and laughed until Yuri's cellphone battery died.

Yuri realized that this was the first time that he laughed like that after "that" incident. What shocked him even more was the fact that it was because of the stranger beside him by the name of Jessica Jung.

--- Double update since I'm not in the mood to study.