bye bye chemistry!

E=MC2 is way EASIER!

 

Yoohee’s pov

 

“Here you are! Yoohee shi.” Mr. Ryu, the chemistry teacher called for her.

“Yes sir, what can I help you?”  Yoohee asked slowly.

“I need you to tutor someone. He’ll be in the library after school. Can you help me with him?”

“Sure! I’ll be on the library after school.” Yoohee nodded slowly with her sincere sweet smile.

 

Mr. Ryu smiled widely as he knew that Yoohee would agree to help him even from the start. Yoohee had always been his favourite student. Yoohee who was so sweet and nice never say No to him and plus that she was the best in chemistry for her batch.

.........

 

Yoohee’s pov

Redox reactions, or oxidation-reduction reactions, have a number of similarities to acid-base reactions. Fundamentally, redox reactions are a family of reactions that are concerned with the transfer of electrons between species. Like acid-base reactions, redox reactions are a matched set -- you don't have an oxidation reaction without a reduction reaction happening at the same time. Oxidation refers to the loss of electrons, while reduction refers to the gain of electrons. Each reaction by itself is called a "half-reaction", simply because we need two (2) half-reactions to form a whole reaction. In notating redox reactions, chemists typically write out the electrons explicitly:

Cu (s) ----> Cu2+ + 2 e-

 

I carefully read the redox notes and forced my brain to capture it to my memory and to understand it of course. I then took a glimpse of my watch. Well, it had past 30 minutes of our scheduled time and yet not even a shadow of student was in the library besides then the librarians who were so dedicated on arranging the books. I sighed while shook my slowly. I then continued my reading.

 

“So, you’re my tutor huh?” rough, husky voice slapped my ears.

 

When I rose my head, I was startled, once again. After a few seconds interpreting that I was going to tutor Kim Myungsoo, yes baby, I was talking about Infinite L, I threw him a sinister smile.

 

“You’re way too ‘early’. Good, very good indeed!” I said with the annoying tone with a smirk.

“You think so, Me think so too! I’m happy that we can get along this easy...” He replied me with the same manner as mine.

 

I was flabbergasted. I mean, how on earth this kind of human being was ever existed in this world? Don’t he feel shame on being late? He should at least say sorry. I was furious and annoyed to this so-famous boy. I sighed.

 

“Whatever!” I closed my chemistry book with anger and exited the library.

 

He chuckled and shook his head slowly. What an interesting girl.

.............

Myungsoo’s pov

 

“So Myungsoo, how was it? She’s a great teacher, right?” Mr. Ryu asked me after chemistry class.

“Yeah, she is sir!” I agreed matte-of-factly.

“You’re a brilliant boy Myungsoo. You’re math was superb but not chemistry. You had been failing for so many times. I really hope that you can work it out with Yoohee. She’s very good in chemistry and all students who had studied with her excel their chemistry paper. And you definitely know that if you fail once again, you’re not doing Infinite showcase, right?”

“Yes sir, I was alert with that.”

“So please help her and yourself!” Mr. Ryu advised me wisely.

“Yes sir and thank you sir.”

“You’re welcome.” He smiled.

 

I exited the teacher’s room and joined the Infinite at the cafeteria.

 

“What was Sir Ryu saying?” Sungyeol asked.

“About the showcase and the chemistry...” My voice sounded weak.

“Was he saying about the rules on failing more than 3 times?” Sunggyu asked.

I nodded.

 

Yeah! Our school had these weird rules to maintain our reputation as one of the best high school in South Korea. And one of it was we cannot fail any paper more than three times, if you do, you cannot join any extra co-curricular activities inside or outside the school  until you score an A for the next test. It’s mean right? And yeah, I had failed twice and this was my last strike and I definitely couldn’t fail any test anymore or else bye-bye showcase!

 

“I think you should just study with Yoohee, I’ve heard she’s a great tutor! She definitely can help you with chemistry!” Hoya suggested.

“I think so too, you should do it! At least for the sake of our group.” Woohyun supported Hoya.

“Yeah! The showcase is coming near too!” Sungjong agreed.

“But how? I pissed her yesterday!” I scrathed my non itchy head.

“I’ll deal it for you! Just go to the library after school okay?” Dongwoo offered himself to solve the problem that I created.

“Okay...” I nodded.