Life Continues On

A Geek’s Abnormal Life

 

[Sungyeol's PoV]

“Boys, lets go!” called my father, I sighed and stood up looking at Maru.

“Behave while I’m gone okay?”

The puppy barked as if he understood and ran to his doggy bed and laid down, I sighed and picked up my school bag, throwing it over my shoulder and shutting the door behind me. I sighed and moved down the stairs, to see my step mom standing there dressed in a beautiful black dress that made her eyes look darker than they actually were, she smiled at me sadly and I smiled back, walking to her, she patted my back. She really was like a mother to me, however she wasn’t my mother…my mother is getting returned to the earth today.

“LEE SUNGJONG!” hissed my father from the bottom of the stairs, his voice echoed through the mansion and the boy stormed down the stairs, followed by a quiet Myungsoo.

“I don’t see why I have to go, I don’t even know the …” hissed the boy, earning a glare from me.

I turned to look at my father, if I could call him that, even though we’ve become a little closer I still don’t think of him as my father. I then spoke up, “He doesn’t have to come if he doesn’t want to…”

“He’s coming.” Said my father sternly, “Plus I don’t trust that brat being home alone…”

Sungjong glared at him before glaring at me, “and yet you trust him? You don’t know him that well father, you know me better than you know him at the moment,” snapped Sungjong, both my father and I stiffened up because we knew what he was implying, “You don’t know how much he’s changed in the past two years.”

My father turned away from him and looked at me, “Go wait in the car.”

I nodded and my step mother took me to the car, she sat in the passenger seat and I sat in the seat behind my father’s near the window. I sat there silently, thinking about how this would be the last time I’d see my mother. Tears glazed over my eyes and I tried hard to hold them back but they kept streaming out, I sat there silently crying, however as soon as I sniffled, my step mother turned around and looked at me, she turned around and placed her hand on my knee caressing the skin there through the jeans.

“Honey, I’m sorry...Sungjong is just hard to explain…” muttered my step mother, “He’s mainly jealous of you right now…”

“Why would he be jealous of me?” I asked, looking at her.

“You’re smart, entertaining…a brilliant photographer and director…you’ve won national awards…you attract people to you without even being outgoing…” muttered my step mother, “Most of all, he’s jealous of you because you grew up with a father…”

I looked at her, “Still, why would he be jealous of me?”

“Apparently you’re attracting a lot of attention at school…plus, you’re taking your appa’s attention back from him…” muttered my step mother, “I promise you Sungyeol, he’ll get better…you’ll begin to like him after he gets over the fact that he’s jealous…”

I smiled and nodded, “Thanks…but that’s not the reason I’m crying though.”

She smiled sadly, “I know…I was just trying to get your mind off of it….”

I smiled, “Thank you for attempting to help…”

 

[Sungjong’s PoV]

I looked at my step father, his glare scared me and I knew that I had pissed him off, after all his first wife who he had been married to for twenty years just passed away and today was the day of her funeral. He glared at me and surprisingly, slapped me. I looked at him in shock holding my cheek; he had never hit me for back talking before.

“Listen to me Lee Sungjong, this day is hard for my son and me…” hissed the man, “I know I abandoned him two years ago, but he’s still my son, and to be honest, I’m feeling extremely guilty for abandoning him and letting him see his mother die by himself…I should’ve been with him the whole way through.”

I looked at him in shock still.

“Yeah, I didn’t love her anymore and she didn’t love me, but we both loved Sungyeol,” Hissed my step father, “Sungyeol used to be extremely close to me, but our relationship was torn when I left him there with his mother and never visited him once. Sungjong, the reason I took him without knowing was because my ex-wife sent me a letter begging me to take him in and repair our relationship as father and son which she blames herself for ruining…She told me that I hurt him greatly. That the first year I was out of his life, he’d come to her crying and asking what he did wrong to make me abandon him. Most of all, she said that his personality changed and his extroverted personality vanished and he became introverted and always kept to himself, he lost countless friends because of that.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked, harsher than I meant to.

Anger burned in his eyes as he looked at me, “I’m telling you this to make you stop being an to him!”

I looked at him in shock.

“Look, Sungjong, things are going to change in this house…you’re not the only child anymore and you’re going to have to get used to that.” Hissed my step father, “Also, you’re going to have to start being nicer to Sungyeol, because he isn’t leaving for the next six months, and during the next six months, I’m going to make an effort to get to know him better again…I’m going to make an effort to complete my ex-wife’s wish of repairing our relationship.”

I scoffed, “As if.”

“You will Sungjong.” Hissed my step father, “Look, today is a day were you need to get your head out of your and be polite…hundreds of people will be there at the funeral because one of the worlds most renowned movie producer/director passed away, so it’s going to make it hard on Sungyeol, because they’ll all be going to him and pounding the same thing into him over and over again, so I don’t need you acting like an and making this harder on him than needed, ok?”

I looked at him, “Whatever. Let’s just go.”

My step father nodded and made Myungsoo and I go first, when we reached the car, I made Myungsoo sit in the middle; I didn’t want to sit by…him…

 

[Myungsoo’s PoV]

I sat awkwardly between Sungjong and his step brother; both were looking out the window nearest to them. We were about two hours into the drive which meant we had a lot more to go…

I sighed and looked at Sungjong’s step brother, smiling slightly.

He looked like a little kid when sleeping.

I observed his facial features for the first time as I sat there, his cheeks were a little chubby, which made him look cuter in his sleep, his eyelashes were rather long, his skin was flawless no blemishes were visible. His face would look a lot paler than it was because his skin was so light it would contrast with his hair, if it was black. His nose was a little red and there were some dried tears on his face.

I frowned a bit as much as I hate to say it, Sungjong, my childhood fried has become an in recent years...and he’s being one to Sungyeol especially. I looked at Sungyeol and then at Sungjong, seeing the blonde boy was in fact asleep as well. I then compared their looks, I admit both of them are very beautiful boys, not that I’d ever say that out loud, and that I find both attractive. It’s just that I find Sungyeol just a little bit more attractive than Sungjong, there is just something about him that pulls me in, plus he seems like a level headed and sweet boy…

 

Hours later, we stood at the grave yard were everyone was paying their respects to Sungyeol’s mother, as Sungjong’s step-father said, hundreds of reporters and other people came and gave Sungyeol their sympathy. I stood beside Sungjong who was ranting nonstop and it was kind of getting annoying. I could see Sungyeol trying hard to hold back the tears, but I could tell he was having some problems, he then suddenly walked off, excusing himself for a short while.

After about fifteen minutes he still hadn’t returned, so I excused myself for a while to look around for him worry was rising in my chest for some unknown reason. I don’t really know the boy, even though he’s been around for a week and I’ve seen him all over the place for a week, I didn’t really know him. I finally found the boy sitting on a bench under a tree a good way away from his mother’s grave, I placed a hand on his shoulder and he jumped, looking at me. However he relaxed a bit seeing that it was just me.

“Are you ok?”

The boy nodded, “As good as a person could possibly be at their mother’s funeral. Why aren’t you with Sungjong?”

“I don’t have to be latched to him all the time just because we’re childhood friends.”

He looked at me and I could see that he had cried, “Why are you here talking to me? We don’t even know each other.”

“You look like you need somebody to comfort you…” I said, sitting in the empty space beside him, “I know what you’re going through…I lost both my mother and father two years ago…Sungjong tried comforting me back then but just made my depression worse because he just didn’t understand…”

“His father left before he could remember, right?”

I nodded, “Sungjong grew up without a father and a mother who used to spoil him rotten…then your father came in two years ago, around the same time my parents passed away and Sungjong became the way he is now…longing for everyone’s attention.”

I looked at Sungyeol and saw that he was looking up at the slightly cloudy sky over head, the sun’s golden hue made his skin glow a bit. I noticed the tears streaming from his eyes again.

“Did you get to see your parents the day they died?” asked Sungyeol, his voice a mere whisper.

I nodded, “I was with them…They were taking me home from school one day, it had been raining. Some person ran out in front of the car, my dad slammed on the breaks we hydroplaned and we flipped, luckily the person on the street survived, however my mom and dad died on impact…I died three times during the surgery…they brought me back and now I’m alive…”

He was silent for a while, he went back to looking at his lap, he trembled and I looked at him in worry, knowing the pain he must have felt. He spoke up, “My mom died while I was at school, I was sent home, where I packed up only to see my father who I hated standing at the door step waiting to take me to Seoul…I then met Sungjong and the following day was already in school…”

I stayed silent, waiting for him to continue, but he didn’t, so I spoke up, “Do you hate your father?”

He stayed silent, fiddling with the him of his shirt before looking at me and speaking, “Yes…He walked out on my mother and I two years ago, just a week later, I found her coughing up blood in the living room…”

I looked at him, in shock, now I understand why he hates his father, then again who wouldn’t hate their father after he abandoned them?

“Your father seems like he wants to get your relationship back to how it was before he walked out on you…” I muttered.

“I know…” he mumbled, “It’s because my mother felt guilty…since I was extremely close with my appa before the two fought and separated…I don’t even know why I’m telling you this…”

I chuckled, “Somethings get better after you talk about them, right?”

He nodded, and smiled brightly for the first time since I first saw him, “We never fully introduced ourselves…I’m Sungyeol.”

“I’m Myungsoo, some call me L…Sungjong calls me Myungie, which I preferred not being called, however you can call me whatever you like Sungyeol-sshi. Do mind if I call you hyung?”

He looked at me and I started back at him, internally cursing myself, you idiot you two really only just met why would you ask that? Why would he allow you to call him hyung? I nearly face palmed myself, however Sungyeol prevented me from doing so by speaking.

“You can call me whatever you want…” said Sungyeol, smiling, “Don’t let Sungjong hear it though…I’m sure if he does he’ll hate me more than he already does…”  

I smiled in relief, okay, so you didn’t scare the pretty boy off like you thought you would, that’s a great sign. We continued to talk happily to each other, eventually walking together back to the grave where I went back to Sungjong's mother and Sungyeol went back to thanking others for coming. However, neither of us knew that Sungjong had been hiding behind the tree we were sitting by, listening to our full conversation.

 

[Sungjong’s PoV]

I stood behind the tree, my hand clenched as a fist, glaring at the two who were happily walking back to the others together. I hissed out and moved to sit on the bench where they previously sat together happily talking to each other, getting to know each other.

“Lee Sungyeol, you can steal my umma and appa…you can try to steal my position, but I will not allow you to steal my best friend of all people…” hissed Sungjong, “I will not allow you to steal my crush away from me…EVER!” 

 

 

Hope you enjoyed...please comment, I want to hear my lovely reader's opinions of the story! ^^