A Typical Day

Love Psychology

 

Bounce by JJ Project

 

Chapter 2 – A TYPICAL DAY

The following day, Eunjae got up earlier than she does since she doesn’t want to see her parents because she knows that they’ll ask her so many questions again but to her dismay, her mother was up before she did.

As soon as she entered the kitchen to grab some chocolate milk and a loaf of bread before going to school, her mom has prepared a breakfast for her. She was about to turn and leave but her mother had already noticed her.

“Eunjae, come and eat. I’ve prepared you some breakfast,” her mom smiled.

“I’m not hungry,” Eunjae said bluntly.

“Are you sure? You won’t go here if you’re not hungry,” then Eunjae’s stomach growled. “And you’re stomach says otherwise,” her mom chuckled. Eunjae gulped. She couldn’t deny she sure was hungry. She reluctantly sat on one of the chairs around the table and started eating the pancake cooked for her.

There was silence but her mom obviously wanted to say something. She was just hesitating whether or not she should talk. As of that moment, all she wants to do is to watch her daughter eat what she had cooked for her after nine long years of not being able to be the mother she should be.

“This will be the last time. I’m not used with someone cooking for me in the morning. But I believe that I should say thank you for this meal, so thank you,” Eunjae said, emotionless. Her mom was stunned for a moment with how Eunjae spoke to her carelessly like that but she couldn’t afford to get mad for some reason.

“Ah, y-yes. If that’s what you want. I just missed cooking for you,” she said but when there was no answer from Eunjae, she just smiled. “So, how’s school? You’re in your first year as senior, right?” Mrs. Jang asked. Eunjae just nodded in reply. “We heard you topped your class last semester. We’re so proud of you,” Mrs. Jang said trying to make her daughter feel what she should’ve felt when she got that recognition in the first place. Eunjae just didn’t talk, wanting to finish her meal in no time. Mrs. Jang sighed. “Are you mad at us?”

Eunjae stopped from eating and gulped. There was a moment of silence before Eunjae started eating again, making her fork cling.

“We’re sorry. We know we’re at fault. We promise you. We’ll—“ She stopped as Eunjae stood up.

“I’m done. Thank you for the meal again,” Eunjae said and left, leaving her mother in the verge of tears. Eunjae grabbed her bag and slipped on her school shoes.

“Omma—Oh,” her younger brother paused upon seeing her. “G-Good morning noona,” he stuttered but Eunjae just looked at him then turned away. Eunjae then got up and walk out the door to their condominium.

“Eunjae, take—“ Her mom said but she was too late as Eunjae has closed the door. “Care.” She whispered. The young boy pouted. He approached his mom and hugged her. “O-Oh, Daniel, you’re awake,” his mom said smiling at him, wiping the tears that had fell.

“Why is noona like that? She’s bad,” he pouted.

“What? No. Your noona is just in a hurry,” Mrs. Jang said but Daniel seemed not convince. Even if he’s just a seven year old kid, he could act mature if he wanted to especially when his mom or his dad sad. Mrs. Jang gave him a small smile before taking his hand. “Are you hungry? I cooked some pancakes. Your and noona’s favorite,” Mrs. Jang said and Daniel nodded smiling.

-

Eunjae hopped on the bus she was waiting for. The bus was surprisingly full of people even at six in the morning. She then stood by a pole while listening to her iPod. She yawned. She was still sleepy but because of her stubbornness, she had to accept the consequences of being sleepy. As the bus went on, her eyes were slowly closing and her head kept on bobbing up and down. At one point, the bus came to a sharp stop making her hit her head on the pole she was leaning to.

“Ouch, damn,” she said rubbing the part that had hit the pole.

“Just seat here,” a voice said. She looked at who it was and was shocked for a second. It was one of the popular guys in their school, Kim Jongin though he preferred to be called Kai. She wasn't well off with the popular guys in their school. In fact, she's not well off with anybody. She just hates guys like Kai who think they're so popular just because they look good. 

“It’s ok. You don’t need to act nice if you don’t want to,” Eunjae said and hold on the pole tight. But then, she was jerked down. She glared at Kai who was already standing holding on the pole she’s holding on seconds ago.

“You don’t have to act strong especially if you’re not,” Kai said making Eunjae glower at him. Eunjae feeling all tired and sleepy just ignored him all throughout the bus ride until they reached their stop. Kai smirked at her before going down. Eunjae just scoffed walking out the bus with heavy steps.

“Who does he think he is?” She muttered glaring at Kai who has his back facing her.

She soon reached the gate to her school and walked in with other students who went to the same school as her. People laughed and walked past her as if she wasn’t there. There were times when people would intentionally bump her shoulder then say sorry. It was how her daily life in school goes.

Students distance themselves to her thinking she has some kind of disease. The bullies always make fun of her but once she gives them a look, they scurry away. Even though she has that kind of reputation, she never fails a test unlike those who thinks highly of themselves. She’s not a top student all year round but if she wanted to, she could. She doesn’t have a single friend since before one could even talk to her, the news that she’s a scary person and everything, would reach that person first. She’s used to it so she doesn’t bother herself in making friends anymore.

She walked to her locker. There were only a few students around so it was quite quiet. She was surprised though to see a geek standing in front of her locker. Upon noticing her presence, the student gasped. He immediately bowed and left. She smirked but was totally puzzled. She opened her locker and found crumpled papers, trash, and papers with hateful words but on top of it lie a neatly folded paper. She looked to the way where the student went off.

“Is he the one putting letters in my locker every morning?” She thought but just shrugged the thought away and got the things she needed.

All throughout the class, she can’t help thinking about the student she had seen this morning in front of her locker. She can’t help to think if he’s the one who leaves the letters with the overused penname ‘Secret Admirer’ written on it. She doesn’t even know why she should bother herself with it since she really didn’t care about it in the first place. Frustrated, she slammed her fist on her table, getting the attention of the whole class.

“Is something wrong Ms. Eunjae?” Their teacher asked.

“No, sorry.” Eunjae slightly bowed. Her other classmates smirked and uttered words like weirdo, psycho, and anything related to it. She just ignored it until the day was finally over and left the school.

-

“One, two, three,” Baekho counted while watching a nerd classmate of his walk to his seat. His friends shook their heads. They can’t believe that they have a friend this childish. As soon as the nerd sat down, he hollered. “BINGO!” Then he laughed his off while the student struggled to get out of his seat that he’s now glued on.

“You’re doing to detention for sure Baekho. Are you even our friend?” Minhyun sighed. Baekho grinned to himself.

“Who cares? What can I do if detention loves me?” Baekho smirked.

“It’s not the detention who loves you. It’s you who loves detention. For sure, the detention room wants to kick you out every time you go in already so disgusted to see you at least three times a week,” Ren rolled his eyes.

“Whatever maknae,” Baekho scoffed.

Soon the teacher came in and she started her discussion. She wrote an equation on the board and asked someone to answer it but when there was no single student who raised their hands, she was forced to call the most reliable student she could call.

“Kanghyun, could you please answer it for the class?” The teacher said but of course, being stuck on a chair, he couldn’t possibly stand up.

“Uh,” Kanghyun uttered pushing his specs up.

“Is something wrong?” The teacher asked as she approached him.

“I’m, uh, stuck on the chair.” Kanghyun said looking down making the other students in the class laugh except for Baekho’s friends who just sighed knowing it’s their friend who’s to blame for. The teacher silenced the class and turned to look at Baekho as if he’s the only person who could do such thing.

“Kang Baekho,” his teacher said sternly.

“It’s not me, ma’am. I swea—“ But he broke into a laugh.

“Detention after class,” his teacher said.

“Oh my,” his friends sighed.

Like he was told to, he proceeded to the detention room after they were dismissed for the day. As he entered the detention room, there were some girl students and guy students. The girls, upon seeing him enter, greeted him. Even with his bully reputation, many girls still swoon over him and he smiled to every one of them making them scream, and that’s also why those girls are there every time he is there. They put themselves to detention just to be with him. Crazy but true.

He sat on one seat and got his earphones ready. He stuck his earphones in his ears and bobbed his head to the music while the girls watch him affectionately. When he got bored, he put his head down and took a nap until they were asked to leave.

"At last, detention finished," he thought.

He immediately took the bus to a café where his friends are waiting. Every Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays they have a gig in that café. They sing and play instruments to entertain and during those hours of those days were the busy hours of the café since many goes just to watch them perform.

That is how Kang Baekho’s life goes; a bully in the day and a performer at night. 

 


 

HI! I decided to update this since my best friend that I should since I've finished typing it already. :))

Oh, and thank you for reading! I love you! Comment of what you think! :)