PROLOGUE: THE JANG AND KANG FAMILY

Love Psychology

Good Bye, Hello by Taetiseo

 

Chapter 1 – PROLOGUE: THE JANG AND KANG FAMILY

“Sweetie, we’re back!” Mrs. Jang said with a hint of longing and excitement in her voice. Her husband, Mr. Jang, followed behind her with a young boy wandering around with glint in his eyes.

Silence welcomed them which they didn’t expect since they were thinking that their lovely daughter would come running and hugging them. Seconds later, their maid came and bowed to them. She looked as if she was troubled as she was sweating.

“Welcome back, Madam and Sir,” she bowed.

“Thank you. Where’s Eunjae?” Mr. Jang asked pulling their suitcase in.

“She’s, uh,” she fidgeted, unable to answer. The couple sensed that something was wrong so they took a few more steps inside, craning their necks. Before they could say something, the young boy came in, poking his head between the couple.

“Appa, Omma, this is our new home?” he asked giddily in English.

“Huh? Yes,” her mom smiled. He smiled widely as he ran inside checking the rooms one after another. Before he could open the third room, a voice has stopped him.

“Don’t dare open my room’s door without permission,” a firm voice said making him backed out immediately and ran back to his parents. He hid behind his father who was surprised with how his daughter just acted.

“Miss! I thought you—“ Eunjae gave her a look which looked as if she’s going to burn a hole in her face. She bowed and excused herself and proceeded to prepare some food.

There was a moment of silence. Neither of them spoke of anything. Mr. and Mrs. Jang was still in a state of shock. They were expecting to surprise her but it seemed as if it’s the other way around that happened; their daughter was the one who surprised them with her three-hundred-and-sixty degrees change. The ice broke when Mrs. Jang broke into a smile and gave Eunjae a warm hug which Eunjae didn’t return.

“Aigoo, our daughter has grown tall. You—“ She was cut in as Eunjae moved and looked away.

“Nine years is enough for me to grow this tall. It’s a logical thing,” Eunjae blurted living her parents staggered.

“Didn’t you miss us? Why are you acting this way?” Mr. Jang asked not being able to hold back his curiousness and somehow anger at how Eunjae talked back to them. Eunjae turned to him but looked away immediately, taking a step towards her room.

“Welcome back then. I’ll be in my room,” she replied coldly and bowed a little before leaving her parents dumbfounded and her younger brother who she hasn’t seen ever since, scared.

“A-Appa, is she mad at me?” The little boy asked in English again. It took a while before Mr. Jang was able to answer him. He looked at the adorable boy and gave him a small smile.

“Of course not, son. She’s just surprised to see us. Don’t worry. It’ll be fine. For the meantime, I’ll show you your room and we’ll start to unpack, araso?” Mr. Jang said and the little boy nodded. “Hyoji, please show my son his room and help him as well,” Mr. Jang called and immediately, their maid, Hyoji, came and did as she was told to.

Mrs. Jang sat on their couch still surprised of what just happened. Mr. Jang sighed, approaching his wife. He gave his wife a comforting pat on the shoulder. Mrs. Jang softly smiled holding her husband’s hand.

“We’ll talk about it later. It’s been nine years. We should’ve expected it, right?” Mr. Jang said in a comforting voice. “Everything’s going to be alright,” he assured. Mrs. Jang sighed, forcing a smile on, nodding.

Meanwhile, Eunjae locked herself in her room. She has mixed emotions. She was surprised but her emotions were mixed with anger and hate. The feeling of happiness might be there but it was so little that she was oblivious to it. She heaved in, holding back the tears that’s about to fall. She shook her thoughts away and busied herself with her school works due the next day.

For the rest of the day, she didn’t leave her room. Her parents tried to talk to her but she only give short replies and refuses to leave her room so her parents decided to just talk to her some other time when they all had adjusted.

_

“STOP IT YOU ANNOYING GUY WITH A MENTALITY OF AN EIGHT YEAR OLD!!!” Kimin shouted as her brother annoyed her midst her spazzing but her brother seemed to care less and smirked.

“What’s happening here?” Their mom asked as she peeked in after changing to her work clothes.

“OMMA! Kimin’s speaking informally to me again!” Baekho said making Kimin look as if she’s to blame for everything.

“Kimin, what did I say about informalities?” Mrs. Kang said.

“But omma, how could I treat him like an oppa if I even act older than him?” Kimin frowned.

“Still, he’s your brother. This is the last time, ok? Next time, I’ll ban you with your computer,” Mrs. Kang said. Kimin’s eyes rounded while Baekho grinned to himself. As Kimin didn’t answer, Mrs. Kang stern looked at her. “Kimin,”

“Neh,” Kimin sighed. She gave Baekho a glare.

“I’ll be leaving for work already. Baekho, stop annoying your sister and act like a big brother,” Mrs. Kang said giving both of them a kiss on the cheek. Kimin smirked.

“Told you, you act younger than me,” Kimin mouthed.

“Neh, omma,” Baekho pouted. Kimin stuck her tongue out when her mom wasn’t looking.

“Mom, Kimin stuck her tongue out—Nothing. Take care,” Baekho sighed.

“Ok. Be good, you two, ok? I’ll be back before dinner but if I can’t, I’ll call. Bye,” Mrs. Kang said and left. As soon as they heard the door to their condominium click, they gave each other knowing glares.

“GET.OUT.OF.MY.ROOM.” Kimin said sternly.

“NO,” Baekho said.

“Get out or I’ll tell mom what you’ve been doing in school. All the—“

“FINE! Aish,” Baekho groaned getting up from Kimin’s bed. Kimin grinned.

“Good. Bye, oppa,” Kimin mocked. Baekho rolled his eyes as he went out. Kimin shook her head in disbelief. “Is he even my older brother?”


 

FIRST CHAPTER UP! So this is just a prologue that is why it's short. The next chapters would surely be longer so please wait for it. <3