A Talk

Love Psychology

Bad Girl by BEAST

Chapter 3 – A Talk

A week had passed since Eunjae’s parents and her brother returned from another country and there’s no progress at all. Mr. and Mrs. Jang tried to talk to her but she won’t give a reply longer than two words. If ever she would talk long, it was too much for her parents to take. She talked back as if it was nothing. Her parents tried to understand her until they couldn’t handle her attitude anymore making them agree on something they themselves are uncertain. It’s the only way they could think of. All the things, going to her old schools, asking students in her school, didn’t help.

Sunday morning, Eunjae just finished freshening up when she was called for lunch. She didn’t like eating with her family so she went to the dining area to get her food.

“What are you doing?” Mr. Jang asked as Eunjae placed food on her plate.

“Room,” Eunjae simply replied and turned to leave.

“We’ll go somewhere after lunch,” Mr. Jang said knowing Eunjae wouldn’t listen to him if he asked her to eat with them. Eunjae just nodded though she didn’t want to leave the house. She was just tired of arguing.

An hour later, Eunjae heard a knock on her door. She sighed loudly before getting it. As she opened the door, she found her mom standing with a small smile.

“We’ll be waiting at the car park,” she said and Eunjae just sighed.

“Can I not come? I’m sick,” Eunjae lied.

“Then we should bring you to the hospital,” Mr. Jang said.

“No thanks. Can I just stay at home?” Eunjae asked regretting what she had said.

“This meeting is important,” Mr. Jang said making Eunjae curse under her breath.

“Ok, fine. I’m going to change,” Eunjae said and went in her room and closed the door. Without any choice, she changed to a pair of jeans and a loose shirt making her look like a guy. She tied her hair to a ponytail and she left the condominium after.

Her parents and brother were waiting by their car when she came and they quickly left after getting in. The ride was quiet. Eunjae sat by the window and her brother sat opposite her. Until now, they don’t get along and Eunjae could just care less about it. No one spoke of anything. Eunjae then fell asleep while listening to her iPod.

They arrived at a large building in an hour. Mrs. Jang softly shook Eunjae awake before they all got down the car. Eunjae let her eyes wander at the unfamiliar place. She squint at the people going in and out the automatic door wearing gowns for doctors. There were also people on wheelchairs. Eunjae was surprised with the place they are in.

“What are we doing here? I’m just joking that I’m sick,” Eunjae said bewildered with the thought that her parents did believed her.

“We know,” Mr. Jang told her.

“Then what are we going to do here? Is this boy sick or are you two?” Eunjae eyed her brother who pouted.

“Just follow us,” Mr. Jang said and led the way in. Her mom gave her a soft smile as she gave her a squeeze on the shoulder.

“Believe us. Let’s go?” Mrs. Jang said and Eunjae has to admit, her heart softened. With a heavy heart, she followed her parents and brother in the scary place. She hates hospital.

They walked to the information desk and her parents talked with the person-in-charge before they took the elevator to who knows where. In a minute, the elevator made a ding and they stepped out. Mr. Jang walked to a door with a name ‘Kang Minyeon’.

“Is she a patient, omma?” Daniel asked looking at her mother.

“No, she’s doctor,” Mrs. Jang smiled. Daniel shuddered. He didn’t like doctors because he thinks all of them have the needle-thing as he calls it. Mr. Jang knocked thrice before they heard a voice calling them in.

“Eunjae, take care of your brother while we talk to the doctor, ok?” Mr. Jang said and Eunjae just nodded. Mr. and Mrs. Jang then went in the room leaving the two siblings outside. Eunjae lazily walked to a chair and sat down. Daniel has a pout on his face.

“Didn’t appa tell you to take care of me?” His face fell.

“Why? How old are you?” Eunjae asked.

“Seven,” Daniel replied. Eunjae smirked.

“You’re seven yet you can’t take care of yourself? Are you a baby?” Eunjae tease making Daniel’s lips tremble. He’s about to cry.

“You’re so mean!” Daniel shouted. Eunjae gave him a look. Eunjae’s eyes widened when Daniel started to cry.

“Yah! Why are you crying?!” Eunjae panicked. Daniel then started to run away. “Sht,” she uttered. She looked back at the door before running away looking for Daniel.

She searched all the possible places Daniel could’ve went to but she couldn’t find him anywhere. She sighed in frustration as she almost looked at all the possible places Daniel would be. Her phone then rang and she cursed. It was her mom calling. Reluctantly, she answered the call.

“Where are you two?” Her mom asked.

“We just looked around,” Eunjae lied.

“Oh, be back already,” her mom said.

“Neh,” Eunjae replied and ended the call. “Sht. Where did that kid go?!” She screamed in her head. Her eyes then widened to see her brother walking with an oddly familiar guy outside the hospital. Even though she has bad eyesight and just wears contact lenses to aid her, she could clearly see and tell that they were walking hand in hand by the sidewalk while Daniel ate ice cream. She ran out the hospital. “Where the heck have you been?!” Eunjae said completely forgetting the fact that there’s someone with her brother. Surprisingly, her brother hid behind this guy.

“What are you doing? You’re scaring him.” Eunjae glared at him.

“Give me back that kid. He’s already looked for by his parents,” Eunjae said as if she’s also not a Jang.

“Is she your sister?” He said looking down at Daniel ignoring Eunjae. Daniel looked at Eunjae before shaking his head, no. Eunjae’s eyes widened but she realized, she didn’t like the kid anyway. The thing is that, she was asked to look after him.

“Stop talking sht. Your parents is looking for you already,” Eunjae tried to get him away but Daniel moved away.

“Looks like she doesn’t like you,” the guy said making Eunjae glare at him.

“I don’t care, Mr. Kim Jongin. Just give me back that kid. I’m going to get in trouble because of you two,” Eunjae said sternly.

“Hyung, adwaeyo,” Daniel said, his grip on Kai’s hand getting tight.

“I’ll just bring him instead,” Kai said walking. Daniel stuck his tongue out on Eunjae when they passed her leaving Eunjae boiling in anger.

“Fine, take him,” Eunjae uttered and turned to watch Kai and Daniel’s figure enter the hospital. Eunjae angrily followed them inside.

They took the elevator at the together but Eunjae made sure there would be a fair distance between them. Daniel looked as if he was enjoying Kai’s company and it made Eunjae annoyed. Not by the fact that he seems to like him more than her but because she simply hates Kai and his kind. The elevator door then slid open and they stepped out. When Daniel saw his parents, he ran to them and gave them a hug.

“Aigoo, did you have fun going around with noona?” Mrs. Jang asked and Eunjae mentally face palmed herself.

“Noona is not good in playing hide in seek. But I found a very good hyung!” Daniel said and ran back to Kai, holding his hand. Eunjae was just in agape while Kai secretly smirked.

“Annyeong haseyo,” Kai greeted, bowing ninety degrees.

“Annyeong haseyo,” Mr. and Mrs. Jang greeted back.

“Appa, Omma, this is, uhm,” Daniel scratched his head.

“Derp,” Eunjae uttered making Mr. and Mrs. Jang, Daniel, and Kai turn to her. “What?” Eunjae said irritated.

“You say sorry, Eunjae,” Mr. Jang said.

“What? No way!” Eunjae retorted. Mr. Jang already has a stern look on his face, the look she’s afraid of when she was a child, until now. It’s just that she’s too numb to even feel fear and let it show.

“It’s ok, sir,” Kai said politely.

“I’m sorry for her impoliteness,” Mr. Jang apologized as Eunjae just roll her eyes. “I’m Minjae by the way and this is my wife, Ha Eun.”

“Oh, it’s nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Jang. I suppose you’re the parents of Eunjae?” Mr. and Mrs. Jang were surprised for a moment.

“You know our daughter?” Mrs. Jang asked amused. Kai nodded, smiling.

“I’m her schoolmate and classmate in some classes,” Kai said.

“Oh, I see,” They said.

“I should get going now, Mr. and Mrs. Jang. It’s my pleasure to meet you,” Kai said bowing.

“Hyung, stay and play with me for a little more,” Daniel tugged on Kai’s shirt. Kai smiled and bent down so that their eyes are aligned.

“Hyung has something to do. We’ll meet soon. You’re noona,” Kai tapped his nose indicating that he knows he was lying a while ago and Daniel cutely pout, “is my schoolmate so you could come often,” Kai said.

“REALLY?!” Daniel said smiling.

“Yup,” Kai stood up ruffling Daniel’s hair.

“Thank you Kai for taking my son back,” Mrs. Jang said and Kai smiled.

“It’s nothing. I’m going already. Bye,” Kai bowed to them and turned meeting Eunjae’s eyes. He smirked before walking past her, saying, “Smile like your brother, it wouldn’t hurt.” It made Eunjae’s ear turn red. She followed him with her gaze piercing through him.

“Eunjae,” her dad called. She turned with an annoyed face, ready to punch someone.

“I’m tired. Can we go home?” Eunjae asked.

“Not until you talk to the doctor inside,” Mr. Jang said.

“Fine. I want to get this done with,” Eunjae said walking past her parents and brother. She was so tired and annoyed to even argue not even thinking why she needs to meet the doctor.

When she entered, a beautiful woman with a bright and warming smile welcomed her. She was sitting behind the table. She gestured her to the seat on the chair in front of her table and she bowed first before sitting.

“You’re Eunjae, right?” The woman asked and Eunjae nodded. “I’m Doctor Kang but you could call me Minyeon unnie since I think our ages don’t go far,” she laughed. Eunjae felt this warm feeling, a feeling she feels when she had a friend years ago and most importantly, parents. Eunjae remained quiet as she let the doctor talk. “You’re a first year senior student, right?” she asked and Eunjae nodded.

She doesn’t get why this woman kept on asking her random questions for minutes already. But she also don’t know why she kept on replying to her as if she was someone she knew a long time ago trusting her with every detail of her life for the past years to the present. After much wait, she already asked her.

“What do you need actually?” Eunjae blurted without thinking. “Sorry,” Eunjae said upon realizing how rude she was to this person she just met and being nice to her.

“It’s ok, I understand. First, do you know what I am?” Minyeon asked.

“A doctor?” Eunjae said.

“A doctor of what?” Minyeon asked.

“How the heck would I know,” she mumbled. She let her eyes wander around the room until she found some information that could help her figure out who this person in front of her is. Her eyes widened. “You’re a PSYCHOLOGIST?!” Eunjae half screamed. Minyeon softly smiled.

“I’m here to help you.” Eunjae almost fell off of her chair.

“WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING TALKING WITH A PSYCHOLIGIST?!”

-

Baekho just came back from hanging-out with his friends and it was already past his curfew which is ten and the fact that there’s school the next day made is worst. Opening their door, he peeked in and found the lights off. He then quietly tiptoed inside but as soon as he got his shoes off, the lights flicked open. Her mother stood with her hands on her hips with a firm look on her face.

“Do you know what time it is, Mr. Baekho?” His mother said and Baekho smiled hoping his mother would buy it.

“Uhm, eleven?” Baekho said.

“Then?” His mother tapped her foot on the floor. Baekho groaned.

“C’mon mom. I’m already a graduating high school student,” Baekho whined but it didn’t affect his mother at all.

“It’s not enough for you to go home this late,” her mom pointed out. Baekho sighed.

“Ok. I’m sorry,” Baekho said looking down.

“This will be the last time. When I catch you next time, you can’t leave the house during weekend for a month,” his mom said and before Baekho could say a thing, her mom already walked to her room.

“Have you eaten? There’s food on the table if you haven’t. Quickly wash then go to bed after, araso?” His mom said turning to him.

“Neh, ommonim,” Baekho said. As his mom had entered her room, he made faces. “I’m not a kid. Why are they treating me that way,” he mumbled before walking to the kitchen and his face brightened to see that it’s his favorite. He immediately sat down and began eating. He then washed up then went to bed after.

-

The morning came and the three of them sat together in front of the table for breakfast.

“How’s work yesterday, mom? Did you meet new patients?” Kimin asked as she forked a hotdog the same time as Baekho. They glared at each other. “Mine,” Kimin said.

“No, mine,” Baekho said and they started fighting for it.

“Can’t you just slice it in half and share?” Their mom sighed.

“Ok, fine,” Kimin said and sliced it quickly getting her slice before Baekho could steal it from her. Baekho groaned. “So mom?” Kimin asked.

“I met someone and she’s pretty,” her mom said and Baekho’s ear perked.

“Pretty? Idol-like figure?” Baekho said showing interest.

“Yes, you could say that,” Mrs. Kang chuckled.

“Oh yeah! Let me meet her mom,” Baekho said.

“No,” Kimin immediately said.

“Why?!” Baekho said.

“Remember, she’s mom’s patient. Basically she has some problem and for sure, you will just worsen her condition. Psh,” Kimin said. Baekho pouted and thought about it. She’s right. He don’t want also so be with someone who has some problem.

“Fine,” Baekho said and continued eating.

“What is her problem mom?” Kimin asked.

“Well, she’s not really born to be the introverted person she is now. She was actually surprised that I’m a psychologist and she’s talking to me,” Mrs. Kang smiled remembering.

“Really? Tell more about her, mom. She sounds interesting,” Kimin said smiling.

“No way. Those kind of person would just get in your nerves, wallflowers, nerds,” Baekho said and she received a slap on the arm. “Ow, mom!” Baekho whined.

“That’s not how you should take them. They have problems and they didn’t choose to be like that,” their mom said.

“How couldn’t she when you just said she wasn’t that kind of person in the first place?” Baekho rolled his eyes.

“Then could you please listen to mom so we would know more?” Kimin retorted. Baekho glared at her and Kimin did the same.

“Ok, stop it already,” their mom said. They scoffed at each other before their mom continued. “I think I know what caused her that,” Mrs. Kang said.

“What?” Kimin asked.

“Well, with what she said, she didn’t have a really nice childhood and after her parents left to work abroad, it worsened. I think she was bullied during her childhood years making her distance herself from others and grow cold. Since she got tired of all the teases thrown to her, she just decided to not mind them and be numb about it. That way, she could ease the pain she’s feeling. I really want to help her,” Mrs. Kang said made a genuine smile that made Kimin smile too while Baekho ate not caring about anything.

“This pig,” Kimin uttered.

“Whatever,” Baekho said. Kimin rolled her eyes.

“Omma, she doesn’t have friends right? I can help you! I’ll be her first friend!” Kimin enthusiastically said.

“Are you sure? It’s pretty hard especially with her status. She’s already too hard to melt,” her mom said but Kimin shook her head.

“I can do it,” Kimin smiled.

“Ok then. You gave me an idea,” her mom smiled.

“What?” Kimin asked.

“You’ll know it soon. You two should get going already or you’ll be late,” her mom said.

“Ok mom,” Kimin said and finished up food and stood up while Baekho was still half way his food. “Aish. BAEKHO! PALLI!” Kimin said dragging her brother out of his seat.

“WAIT. YAH!” Baekho said.

“We’ll be going now mom! BYE!” Kimin shouted. Her mom sighed.

“When will this two grow up? And Kimin, never learned. Anyway, she got me an idea. I’ll let this slip,” Mrs. Kang said smiling as she sipped on her coffee. She looked at their wall clock and panicked. “Omo, I’m also running late. Go to go,” she said as she quickly put the utensils on the sink, washed it fast then left.


 

Annyeong! How's everyone doing?

Well, the story is just about to start but it's already halfway the plot. Well, did that make sense? Ahaha. :))

Anyway, I'll update as soon as possible. School's about to start so I'll be finishing this off in less two weeks, hopefully. 

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing! I LOVE YOU! :)