Chapter Six

Shed Light

 

 

  *Peers around the corner* please don't throw the rotten tomato at me! I know I didn't update in months, but studying to keep my scholarship, while try to keep my house in one piece is not easy.

I know where this story is going so I'm not abandoning it, I hope you keep on reading, I'll try to update once a week from now on =)

Ps: I don't know anything about airports in Seoul, so I made a few things up, obviously.



 

   

   It was almost noon when Jessica lied crossed legged on the king-sized bed, wearing a purple silk closed robe that reached her mid-thigh, checking the news bulletin on her Ipad, when Jay came into the room pushing a food tray, "Breakfast is here!" he said in a sing song voice.

   "Pour me some coffee please." Jessica said her eyes still glued on the device in her hands, which made Jay frown at her, "Tea is better for you than coffee," he handed her a cup of green tea, "and babe will you please put that down? We should enjoy our first late breakfast as a married couple."

    She wrinkled her nose delicately when she tasted the tea, "Then come read the articles with me, they wrote some funny stuff." she put the cup down and opted on eating a bagel.

  "Read on." Jay said buttering a toast and hopping on bed next to her.

  "JaySica's Marriage, real or a fraud?" she stifled a giggle while Jay pulled a face as he nibbled on his toast trying to process what she said.

  "Yesterday afternoon in the largest ball room in the 'Tulip' hotel, was held the wedding of the century; Park Jaebum known as Jay Park got married to Jung Jessica of SNDS, "the love of his life" as he said in the media conference after the ceremony.
  The world, and specially their fans, was shocked to know about their relationship only two weeks ago. When we asked the couple about the sudden decision, they simply answered that they've been dating secretly for almost 3 years, and felt that now was the time to do the next right move, which is getting married.
   The wedding was private and only a few friends were invited. Cho Kyuhuyn was one of the few we managed to talk to, "it was amazing, Jay hyung and Jessica are a match made in heaven." he said shortly and refused to comment if he knew about their relationship before he got the wedding invitation.
   To add up more to the secrecy, the reporters were shocked to find Jehan [Jay's brother] and a couple of his friends in the limo that was supposed to drive the newlyweds to the south airport where we were told. 
   Apparently the couple took another car to the east airport, and by the time we figured that out, they were already on a plane heading to their also secret location honeymoon.
   All this secrecy makes us wonder about this couple; are they hiding something? Is this marriage even real or they just want more spotlight to shine on them?" she finished and started laughing almost knocking off her tea cup.

   "This is absolutely ridiculous!" Jay was appalled.

  "I know I should be mad too, but it's really funny that they think we would fake our marriage." 

  "I think your hormones are kicking in," he said with a frown that quickly disappeared when he saw his wife's dirty look, "here, eat another bagel babe." he sheepishly handed her a buttered bagel.

  She snatched it, "Don't think you can get away with food every time." she gave him one last glare, then went back to reading the articles.

  Jay sighed inwardly in relief and looked for his phone, "We should call our managers to see if they can do some damage control." the only answer he got was a loud giggle.

  "Jay, they're even betting on how long our marriage will last!!" Jessica rolled on the bed in a fit of laughter.

  He was shell shocked, but wasn't sure if it was because of the offensive assumptions about his marriage, or his wife's mood swings.

  "Someone bet we'll get divorced by the end if our honeymoon!" she laughed even harder he barely understood what she was saying. He just shook his head and smiled at her silliness.


 




  "You're not going out wearing only that!" Jay exclaimed loudly as Jessica came out of the bathroom and started looking through their luggage. Even though he was upset he couldn't help admiring his wife's body that was only covered in a hot pink two-pieces bikini.

  Jessica just sighed and pointed at herself, "It's called a bikini, and all women wear something like this going to the beach. At least before they fall pregnant and start wearing their husbands' shirts." she muttered the last part to herself.

  "You're not just any woman! You're my wife!" 

  She finally stood up holding what seemed to be a shimmering White cloth and glared at him, "I knew you'd be like this! That's why I brought a sarong." she said tying the aforementioned cloth around her neck, it slid down her body loosely and ended above her knees with glittering lace.

  "..."

  She looked at his confused face, "This is a beach sarong dear." she said slowly as if explaining something to a 5 year old.

  "It's almost see through!" 

  Jessica just let out a frustrated scream, put on her sunglasses and pulled Jay out of the room.


 


  They walked in the hotel's private beach and chose the most quiet spot, before Jay could put their stuff down, Jessica looked at him with the best puppy dog look she could muster, "Honey could you pleeeeease go and buy me ice cream?"

  "But we just ate breakfast!" however one look at her made him give in, "fine, but you need to watch what you eat or you'll get sick." he dropped their things, stuffed his hands in his shorts pockets and went to find an ice cream parlor.
She smiled to herself satisfied and made herself comfortable on the beach seat.

  5 minutes passed when a shadow loomed over Jessica, thinking it was Jay, she looked up from the magazine she was reading, and was startled to see a young tan face smiling kindly at her.

  "This drink is from the gentleman over there." he said in broken English.

  She looked to where the waiter pointed to see a blonde man sitting in a far corner of the beach, who smiled widely when he saw her looking at him showing a set of White teeth.

  She didn't know what to say, but was saved when suddenly another man stood next to the waiter, "I'll take that," Jay said handing the ice cream to Jessica, the deep frown showing under his sunglasses, and took the glass of the tray that the now confused waiter was holding.

  "Sir you can't-"

  But Jay already downed the drink in one gulp and put the glass back on the tray, "My wife can't drink alcohol, so could you bring us 2 orange juice," he held Jessica's left hand deliberately showing their rings, "and please bring that man the same and tell him Mr. and Mrs. Park appreciate his gesture but if he does it again we may have a few problems to solve."

  The waiter looked a bit taken aback but quickly smiled knowingly, "Of course sir, right away."

  Jay smirked as he watched the young waiter go. As soon as he turned to Jessica who was consuming her ice cream seemingly oblivious to what just happened, his frown returned, "I told you not to wear this, see what I have to deal with?"

  "Do you mean to tell me, I'm only attractive when I'm scantily dressed?" she gave him a death glare that he could feel even though she wore sunglasses.

  "Babe that's not-"

  She cut him off by holding up her hand, "Don't answer that, it was a hypothetical question. Jay, take a look around you, there are women who are wearing things far worse than I am, so if you don't want me to take off my sarong and walk around wearing only my bikini, you better shut up and start enjoying our honeymoon."

  Jay was stunned but huffed in indignation muttering under his breath, how she managed to turn every argument they had into her favor was beyond him, or he just refused to admit that he bends to all her demands. He cursed all those hormones that causes his wife's mood swings, and sat on the beach seat next to her glaring at any guy who dares to throw a glimpse at his wife's direction.  

 



 

AN: Thanks to everyone who subscribed and reviewed, hope you continue to support me with your comments.

 I also had amazing feedback on my one-shot "Claustrophobia" and a few asked for a sequel, so as an apology for my late updates, I wrote one. It might not be as good as expected, but check it out when I upload it later, it's called "Lights Out", and be the judge =)

 Suu xx