Chapter Eight

Shed Light

AN: an update!! and not even a month passed!! this is a good progress to me =P

It's not much of a happy chapter, but I still hope you like it!

 


 

 

    "I can't believe this is our last day here!" exclaimed Jessica loudly coming out of the bathroom, only wrapped in a White towel.

    "I'm really sorry babe," Jay paused and held two pair of underwear for her to pick so he can pack the other.

     "You should be!" she snatched the black one.

   "Oh come on Jess," he stuffed more things in the suitcase and turned while his wife was still searching for something to wear, which left her walking around in her black Lacey underwear.

    Jay stood still admiring his wife's body, her stomach had a little swell that nobody would notice unless they knew her like he did; yes, he memorized every inch of her.

    "You better close your mouth Jay, 'cause you're not getting any." Jessica's voice pulled him out of his reverie and made him look up at her. He met her eyes that were ablaze with fury.

   He gulped remembering how she gave him the cold shoulder last night. Their drive from the restaurant to the hotel was suffocatingly quiet, and when they finally reached their suite and closed the door, Jessica went straight to the bathroom to change. 
   He was pouring himself a cold drink when she came out wearing one of his shirts. She went to their bed, grabbed a pillow, and then walked to him with her eyes still as icy as ever, asked him what time their flight was, when he replied that it's in the afternoon, she shoved the pillow at his stomach hard enough to make him wince.
He got her point and dragged himself to the sofa in the sitting area to spend the night.


   He sighed, rubbing his neck. Just because the sofa looked so comfortable to sit, it was not made for anyone to sleep on. He was sure nobody thought about that, since this was a honeymoon suite. Honeymooners always sleep on the same bed... 

   "I already apologized hundredth times!" he looked back at Jessica again, now dressed in Paige shorts, and a dark blue off-shoulder shirt.

   "Cutting our honeymoon to less than a half, leaving with your dancing crew to Seattle by the end of the week, when I declined every offer, rearranged all my schedule, so I can spend time with you; try apologizing till our kid turn 20, then I'll think about forgiving you." she was fixing her hair in the mirror and missed his baffled expression.

   "But... But I didn't tell you I'm going to Seattle with them, h...how did y-" he stuttered but she cut him off.

   "You told me a couple of weeks ago that you're shooting your videos there. See Jay, I actually listen unlike someone I know," 

   "Babe that was uncalled for! I do listen to you!"

  "Oh really? Then tell me, did you think of a way to tell my manager that I'm pregnant?"

   "I thought we already told him?"

   Jessica sighed, "No Jay, you  told your  manager."

   "Then we'll tell him when we get back."

    "You think it's that simple? He went ballistic when I told him we're getting married! Now you  just wanna go up to him, tell him I can't participate in the group dances and stage performances in the near future, because I'm going to be carrying extra weight wherever I go?!" her temper was rising again by the minute.

   "Well he'll just have to deal with it, I'm sure he can survive while you rest at home," Jay said and went back to packing.

  "Who said I'll be staying home?" 

   "Babe like you said, you'll be carrying extra weight so you need to take care of yourself, which means you're staying home." 

   "We already said I'm not quitting SNSD. Even the doctor said I can continue my career but I just have to limit the dancing and not overwork myself,"

   "No, we told the media that our marriage won't hold us back in our careers, but it'll be different when we tell them we're expecting a baby. And I don't care what the doctor said; I'm your husband, so you should listen to me."

    "I'm pregnant, not disabled!" Jessica stomped her foot, she didn't care how childish the act was; Jay was really pissing her off!

   "I don't want anything to happen to you, and I'm not taking any risks!" Jay was also getting angry forgetting that he was supposed to be apologizing for cutting off their honeymoon.

   Jessica's eyes softened a little at that but didn't budge, "I know my body's limits Jay, so why can't you be more supportive? You're not giving up on anything, then don't make me give up on what I love to do."

   She looked at his hurt expression, his mouth was partly open as if he wanted to say something, but no words came out. She sighed and got her hand bag, "I know the flight is in two hours, but I need fresh air so I'll go walk around, I'll be in the lobby in an thirty minutes." with that, she left him standing alone in a room with half packed luggage.

 


 

AN: I love your reading your comments and thoughts on this story, so thank you!

on a sad news, I'm starting a new job next week and my finals are in two weeks so I'm not sure how much free time Imma have, but promise my best to update before my exams.

I feed on your subscriptions and comments!!!