Chapter 9

Of This I Am Certain

 

A dream interrupted by none other than Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who jumped out of a practice room and pressed him like a sandwich in a tight hug. 

 

“Congratulations, EXO-mate!” 

 

“You’re with us forever, now!”

 

Kyungsoo could only smile at the prospect of this impending doom.  “Who else knows?”

 

“Everyone besides Sehun, Zitao, and Yixing, I believe,” Chanyeol replied.  “A bunch of us are going for bulgolgi in an hour to celebrate.  Minseok – I mean Xiumin –has a discount to that one place.  You in?”

 

“Sure!  Is Kai going?  I should congratulate him.”

 

“Oh, that is –,“ Baekhyun started, a bit uncomfortable.  “I’m not sure.  He’s been here awhile and some friends – “

 

“Moonkyu didn’t make it,” Chanyeol mumbled.  That’s right.  Moonkyu.

 

Kyungsoo pursed his lips.  “In that case, I should go find him.  I’ll catch up with you all later.”  And he headed off for the only place his dongsaeng sunbae could be. 

 

Clutching Kai’s favorite juice again, he peered through the glass door of Kai’s favorite practice room.  Of course he was there.  Of course he was dancing.  Spinning to be exact.  Around and around in a dark blur.  Kyungsoo tried to imagine standing on stage without Kai.  It was impossible.  He must feel the same about Moonkyu, maybe even Jino.

 

He entered silently, waiting until Kai noticed he was there.  He wasn’t sure what to expect, only that he should be there for whatever it was. 

 

When Kai saw him, he smiled, bounded toward him, and hugged him close.  “Congratulations, hyung.  Now you know!”

 

Kyungsoo pulled away in surprise, searching his face for any signs of sadness. 

 

“What’s wrong?  Oh, is it the sweat?  I’m sorry – “

 

“No, no, it’s not that.  I was just wondering if you were ok.  With Moonkyu – “

 

“Oh, that –“ Kai scratched his head, grimacing.  “He’ll probably go solo and make more than all of us.  He’s happy for me.  I’m happy for me,” he ended with a wink.

 

Kyungsoo stared at the floor, not entirely reassured.  “Still.  It makes me feel like I wasn’t the right choice.” 

 

“That’s ridiculous.  Who else would cook for us?”

 

“Oh, I’m glad that’s all I’m good for.” 

 

Kai lifted Kyungsoo’s face to his, his expression firm.  “Don’t talk like that.  You deserve it.  Show them that you do.”

 

As if to lighten the mood, Kai broke their gaze to snatch the juice from Kyungsoo’s hands, all sternness gone.

 

“Is that why you’re still practicing?”

 

“Not exactly,” Kai laughed.  “Just working off the excitement I guess.” 

 

Kyungsoo nodded, watching Kai enjoy his juice.  He really seemed okay.  More than okay.  Suddenly his eyes shot open, remembering something.

 

“Wait!  So this means we’re living together?!”

 

“Yes, umma.  It does.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This chapter was so long, I split it in two.  It diverged a bit from the main couple, but it was necessary all the same.  I apologize for any grammatical errors, I didn't get to revise as much as I usually do.  

@WeirdoTheGreat   ME TOO!  We are like ship twins xD

@Daeyah  LOL you are so cute <3  I will gladly feed your feels until my imagination runs out.

@ShadyGirl Thank you!  I prefer more realistic stories myself.  Maybe I just lack imagination...

 

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING!!  GOLD STARS FOR COMMENTING, HIGH FIVES FOR SUBSCRIBING!!

Here's D.O. with a balloon:

(cr: kangminaa.tumblr)

<3 kab