Chapter 3

Of This I Am Certain

 

Wah, KkamJong was made to dance.  Even after several months of training, Kyungsoo still loves to watch Kai practicing.  When Kai dances, he is…beautiful.  Not that he isn’t always good-looking, he justOmo, what am I thinking?

 

Just then, Kai turned in his direction, flashing him a half-smirk.  Kyungsoo could’ve sworn he saw him wink.  He gulped back a rising feeling in his chest.  He was always surprised when Kai acted so confident and flirty; he was usually so shy, innocent even.  Some trainees were intimidated by Jongin’s coolness, but Kyungsoo didn’t buy it.  He’s just a tease sometimes.

 

“Yah, Kyungsoo!  What are you gawking at?  It’s like you’ve never seen Kai dancing before,” Suho laughed, shaking his arm. 

 

“Pabo, we need to go over that dance again before our weekly evaluation,” Chanyeol whined, pulling him to the other side of the practice room. 

 

“Unless, you think Kai would help us?”

 

We could definitely use it, Kyungsoo thought, stealing one more glance at the dancing figure intent on nothing but the music.  No doubt he’d say yes, but… I wouldn’t want to stop him…

 

“No, we’ll be fine.  He’s helped enough already.”

 

“But he always offers.  It wouldn’t kill you to ask him for help.”

 

No.  He’s busy.”

 

“Fine. Fine.”

 

For the rest of practice, he forced himself not to look over at his dancing dongsaeng.  He admired Jongin, and worried about him as a friend, but they both had their own training to worry about.  That’s what was best. 

 

After practice with Chanyeol and another grueling vocal lesson, Kyungsoo could finally head home.  The evaluation was tomorrow, which always made him nervous, but at least for a few hours, he could relax.

 

As he entered the lounge to get his bag, he found Kai and Sehun fooling around with a camera. 

 

“Hey, hyung,” Sehun said, mid-laugh.  Kyungsoo waved.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung, where is our pasta?”  Kai looked up with a slight smile, head in his hands.

 

“I made you some last week!”

 

“Yeah, and I finished it.  Now I want more.”

 

“We work out a lot, and need to eat well,” Sehun added.  He could hear his aegyo voice creeping in.

 

“Alright, alright, you don’t need to ask twice.”

 

“Thanks, hyung!”  Sehun patted him on the back as he tipped out the door.  Probably getting more bubble tea from his other hyung.  Kyungsoo turned back to Kai as they both rolled their eyes.  He must’ve thought the same thing. 

 

He collected his things as Kai watched him silently.  Jongin was a man of few words, just like him, but it wasn’t awkward when they were together.  Comforting, actually.

 

“Hyung, let’s take a picture before you go.”  Jongin motioned him to him with his hand, holding up the small digital camera.

 

“Ok,” Kyungsoo smiled.  He walked over to where Kai was sitting and slipped his arms over his shoulders.  He realized this was the first time he’d touched his dongsaeng like this, but Jongin didn’t flinch.  Instead, he leaned back against him, their cheeks touching. 

 

Kyungsoo was glad Kai couldn’t see his face as the slightest color flushed his cheeks. 

 

“Ready?  1, 2, 3, Kimchi!” 

 

Kyungsoo paused the slightest bit before breaking away.  His hands lingered on Kai’s shoulders as they checked the photo.

 

“Daebak,” Jongin exclaimed.  “I look good in this one.”

 

“Cocky punk,” Kyungsoo teased, pushing Jongin’s head down.  He turned for the door, trying to forget the feeling of Kai’s silky hair through his fingers. 

 

“Yah, Kyungsoo!...I mean, hyung!” 

 

“Ne?” Still having trouble with the age, I see.  He’s lucky I’m a nice hyung.

 

Kai cleared his throat and said gruffly, “Keep your moves clean tomorrow, and watch your counting…”

 

Kyungsoo looked back at Kai and hid a smile.  “Good luck to you too, Kai-sshi.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

THANKS TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS, COMMENTERS, AND READERS.  I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE LIKES MY WRITING!

I'm also a terrible person.  I forgot to credit my lovely ngah-chingu from CODE:EXO for helping me revise the first two chapters and giving me the courage to post this.  She's the best ^^

So, I've actually started writing pieces of the ending, and I apologize, but it looks like this fic will be really long.  I hope you're all ok with that - I'd like to draw out KaiDo as long as possible.  

Expect Chapter 4 tomorrow or the day after.  I know what happens, I'm just having trouble with the beginning. 

@taesteful:  Can't really blame Kai for being confused with the age.  D.O. is like 5 years old, and Luhan drinks unicorn blood.

@seungjinki:  AHH, yes!  They should definitely get married. Like today.  Might just tack on a wedding scene at the end for fun xD

@ShadyGirl  @doitlikethis123:  I will shamelessly attempt to convert you to this OTP muahahaha

Comment, comment, comment, comment!