Cupcakes and Baby Bunnies

All Lies

Jieun stayed quiet for a while trying to register his words to her brain. In fact, she wasn't even sure if he said those words, she must of misheard him somehow but she stood corrected when he said it again. Her ears became red hot and the blood gushed to her brain. Jieun still didn't get what he was trying to say to her.

"What are you saying Yongguk" Jieun hardened her gaze at the man in front of her.

"I'm telling you to break up with Himchan. I can't stand seeing him treat you like this anymore" he said and she blinked furiously still not being able to comprehend what Yongguk was trying to tell her.

"He hasn't done anything wrong to me" she defended. Yongguk shook his head, he knew she wasn't stupid but maybe she was just a little blunt. He knew that Jieun was blinded by love to see how Himchan really was treating her, and that made it even harder for him.

"Tell me Jieun...” he started, "when was the last time he smiled at you? When was the last time he laughed along with you? Don't you even suspect him why he comes home late at night?"

She opened to answer but closed it back when she really thought about it. Jieun desperately tried to remember and realised how much she missed Himchan's smile, or the sound of his laughter. He had also been coming home really late recently. She felt a tug at her heart but then shook the thoughts away. Yongguk was just trying to get to her head.

"Jieun, you can't even answer all those questions, but you can still love him?" he said softly and reached for her hands but she pulled it away, leaving his hands floating in mid-air then retracting them again.

"I trust him, that's why I'm still in love with him. Why are you doing this to me Yongguk?" Jieun asked when tears started to fall from her cheeks. She didn't want to listen to another word to what Yongguk was saying but every word sent a pang of pain through her heart and it made her doubt Himchan.

"I'm doing this so that he doesn't have to end up hurting you. You can hate me all you want after this, but Himchan is my friend and I don't want him to hurt too" he told her. "Jieun please...” he called out to her when he saw her opening the door and slammed it closed when she stepped out.

Yongguk got out of the car and followed Jieun. He grabbed hold onto her hand and pulled her back.

"Stop it Yongguk. I trust him and I stick to my words." Jieun pulled her hand away from his grip and walked away with tears streaming down continuously.

"ah nuna! where are you going?" Zelo called out. The hotdogs were done but he saw Jieun walking away with Yongguk just standing there not doing anything.

He ran up to Yongguk first and shook his hyung who was already like a statue.

"Hyung, what happened? Where is Jieun nuna going?" he asked but Yongguk looked away. When he wasn't getting an answer from Yongguk, he quickly dropped the hotdogs and ran after Jieun.

"Nuna! Jieun nuna!" Jieun heard Zelo calling out to her but she didn't stop walking. She didn't want him to see her like this because she knew that he would just worry even more, but her tears just couldn't stop falling.

Zelo had finally caught up to Jieun and held onto her already frail shoulders. His eyes widened and panicked when he saw the tears.

"Nuna, why are you crying? Did Yongguk hyung do something bad?" he asked her and bent down to level his eyes with hers. Jieun shook her head.

"You should go with Yongguk, Zelo" she spoke up.

"But nuna, what about you?" he looked at her again concerned and wiped away her tears with his sleeve.

"I'll be fine. I just need some time alone" she told him. Unexpectedly he pulled her into a tight hug and the gesture actually brought a smile to her face. Jieun was thankful to have someone like him to take care of her.

"Call me if you need to talk" Zelo smiled down at her and ran back to Yongguk. She noticed that Yongguk looked back at her with a sad face. She knew he was just trying to help her, but she stayed strong to her own guts and walked on.











~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+*+*+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~










Jieun sat alone in the kitchen and placed her head on the table. Yongguk's words kept on ringing in her head but she quickly shook those thoughts away. She had to remain focused. Himchan's birthday was tomorrow and she had just called Zelo because he couldn't stop sending text messages to make sure that she was ok.

The doorbell rang and when she opened it, she ended up squealing when the tall figure put his arms around her and pulled her into a tight hug. After giving a squeeze, he finally pulled away and finally revealed himself.

"What was that for, Zelo?" Jieun giggled and pulled him into the house.

"I just thought you needed it" he stated. And she thought the boy hated being so cheesy. Both of them started making the cupcakes and Zelo watched intently hoping that he could learn a thing or two from her. He was planning to make some for Yongguk later.

The cupcakes were nearly done and Jieun set them aside so that they could cool down. Her next task was to make the icing and this was the part that Zelo loved the most.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow? Will it be a surprise party?" Zelo asked and off the icing off his fingers.

"I'm thinking we should do it in the morning before he heads off to work" she explained and he nodded. So the plan was all set.

"Can I bring Yongguk hyung too?" Zelo asked. He knew that she just had a conflict with Yongguk yesterday, but Yongguk was still her friend so she had to agree.

"Sure, why not? Come on, let's finish this up" she urged. She had to be quick before Himchan got back, besides Zelo wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place.

Jieun taught Zelo how to carefully squeeze the icing onto the cupcakes. He messed up some but she was sure he did that on purpose just so that he could have them.

When everything was done, Jieun clasped her hands together, proud with her hard work. Zelo clapped his hands excitedly.

"ah! one more thing" Zelo brought a small box that had a ribbon on the lid. He passed her a card and a pen. "That's for you to write message for Himchan Hyung's birthday" he smiled at her.

Jieun bent down to write down a message on the table and when she was done, she straightened up and smiled happily to herself. But in an instant, that smile faded when Zelo snatched the card from her hands.

"Hey, give it back! You're not supposed to read it" she jumped up and down trying to reach for the card in his hands, but considering his height and his hands were stretched up so high in the air, she stopped fighting and pouted as he read her message.

"Baby bunny? pfffft puhahaaaa" he started laughing out loud and she became embarrassed. Jieun managed to snatch back the card away from him.

"it's my pet name he gave me" Jieun sulked as she tied the card to the ribbon of the box. "There" she said to herself. It was perfect. She looked up back at Zelo who had just finished laughing.

"Do you think he'll like it" she asked him. A sudden concern ran through her body like shivers. He had to like what she did for him this time. No, he had to LOVE it. She had to prove Yongguk wrong; she had to prove her own doubts wrong. Jieun balled her fists with determination and left herself with a positive feeling about tomorrow.

"Of course he'd love it! He'll be crazy if he doesn't" Zelo assured her with a promising smile.


++++++++++*+*+*++++++++++

120812. editted.