Secrets and Lavenders

All Lies

 

Himchan fluttered his eyes open. A strong lavender scent poked his brain again. He would notice it every morning but as far as he could remember, he never had anything lavender scented kept in his house. Lately, he had never been close to a girl, but the scent reminded him of something  feminine. One other thing about it was that it was giving him a headache, and a headache early in the morning wasn't the most pleasent thing to have.
 
He got up from his bed and rubbed his aching temples. He glanced at the empty space beside him. Somehow, something tugged at his heart and it hurt. 
 
"Why does this happen to me every morning?" he asked himself and groaned at the pain. He continued rubbing onto his temples until the pain subsided.
 
When the headache was gone, he got up and took a shower and when he was done, he headed downstairs to fix himself breakfast. He opened the fridge to find it empty except for a box standing all alone in the middle of the rack.
 
Curious, he took it out and placed in on the table. The box was a round, pretty little box with a ribbon on top. He took off the cover to find a cute little cupcake sitting inside. On the box, he noticed a small note tied together with the ribbon. He flipped the note open to see what was inside.
 
To Himchan,
Happy Birthday. I'll love you always.
From Baby Bunny :)
19.04.2010
 
 
The note read.
 
"Baby bunny?" he cocked an eyebrow. Who the hell called themselves Baby Bunny? unless it was a nickname, but who was this person?
and that particular date was on his birthday, but three years ago. 
 
He furrowed his eyebrows. It was weird though. 
First of all, who the hell was 'Baby Bunny?', and even if the note was dated 3 years ago, why hadn't he thrown that cupcake away. It must've been old. Too old!
 
Before he could think any further, he felt another tug at his heart. But this time, it hurt even more. He thought he was about to have a heart attack but the pain in his heart felt more like a sad pain. The type of pain that was full of regret. Full of grief. 
 
He clasped onto his shirt right at his chest, trying his best to endure the pain.
 
'What is this? Why does it hurt so bad' he thought to himself. He kneeled onto the floor and held tighter onto his shirt. Last time he checked in the shower, he was fine. He wasn't hurt anywhere. A few minutes of pure pain passed by and when it ended, he was sweating and panted hard.
 
Still kneeling on the floor, he dug into his pocket for his phone and dialed his best friend's number.
 
"Yongguk. I need you, NOW"
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*+*+*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
 
Himchan heard a knock on the door. He got up from the couch and headed to the door. Literally dragging himself.
 
"You called?" Yongguk said as soon as Himchan opened the door. Himchan looked up at the tall figure and then noticed another baby-like giant beside him. 
 
"Hi hyung" Zelo greeted.
 
Without inviting them in, he dragged himself back to the living room and collapsed on the couch. Yongguk and Zelo looked at each other first and then let themselves into the living room. 
 
 
Zelo headed for the kitchen first. He noticed the cupcake on the table. Barely touched. Not even a bite. He peeked at his two hyungs who were visible in the living room and then he turned his head back at the cupcake.
 
"Aish. This hyung, I tried so hard making it for every single birthday and he still doesn't notice." Zelo scratched his head in frustration.
 
Zelo had been making the same cupcake for the past 3 years to help regain Himchan's memory. But sadly, none of them helped.
He held up the note that came along with the cupcake. Not even this note could ring a bell in that puny brain of his hyung. 
 
'I even used the same note that she wrote 3 years ago' he said to himself and let out a sad sigh.
 
 
Yongguk sat himself on the couch opposite to Himchan, who was already lying on the couch with his hand over his eyes. He let out a loud sigh before he talked.
 
"What's happening to me?" he asked as he glanced over at Yongguk who was sitting in front of him.
 
"Is something wrong?" Yongguk asked, a little bit concerned for his friend. He noticed the eye bags. The sweat. It was happening again.
 
"As soon as I woke up this morning, I felt..exhausted" he said and got up to rub his aching temples again.
 
"Maybe it's because you're getting old. You're turning 22 today" Yongguk gave a small chuckle, trying to make their conversation as casual as possible.
 
"But my heart, it hurts alot. I thought I was about to die this morning. And I keep on smelling this lavender scent and its making my head hurt. I can't take it anymore Yongguk! Please help me!" Himchan cried out to his friend, desperate to relieve the pain he was feeling somehow.
 
Yongguk could only gaze at the floor. He wanted to help. He really did, but he couldn't since the only person who could help Himchan was himself.
 
"Hyung" 
 
Both Himchan and Yongguk turned to Zelo who was standing at the doorway. Zelo looked at Himchan with sad eyes, and then turned to Yongguk.
 
"Yongguk hyung.." he called out.
 
Yongguk knew exactly what Zelo was about to say.
 
"No Zelo" he said and gave Zelo a 'cut-it-out' look.
 
"We have to tell him hyung!" Zelo spat out. He couldn't take it anymore. The secrets they had to hold.
 
"Tell me what?" Himchan asked and looked back at Yongguk.
 
"Just shut up Zelo! I said no!" Yongguk fired back at the boy.
 
"We can't keep this from him forever! You can see it for yourself. He's hurting right now and he doesn't even know why!" Zelo shouted back at his hyung.
 
Yongguk turned his head away. He didn't want this to happen just yet. He wasn't ready to see his already torn up friend to break down when he knew the truth.
 
Himchan approached Yongguk and pulled him up by the collar and stared at his straight in the eye.
 
"What secret? Tell me the truth!" Himchan demanded and shook Yongguk.
 
Yongguk pursed his lips and glanced at Zelo. When Zelo gave him a nod, he turned his head back to face Himchan.
 
"We'll show you"
 
 
 
++++++++++*+*+*++++++++++
 
 
and there goes the first chapter. Anyone knows what happened to Himchan? hehe :)