The Last Conflict

The Heir's Love Story

Soo Jung was in her deep slumber as Wu Fan silently kissed her forehead as he was about to leave and go to Suwon to rescue his niece and nephew.

I’m going back to you and live a peaceful life after this. But I also love them… I’m sorry Soo Jung, I still can’t give up THAT love.

A part of him wants to stay with the girl who unexpectedly gave a room for him but the other half says that he must rescue the children from Lay’s hands. He might be doing it overboard for an uncle, but taking care of Joo Hyun while she was pregnant with the babies for nine months would give him an attachment of a father to the children.

He soundlessly exited the room and ordered the heiress’ bodyguards to strictly look after her and if she asks them his whereabouts they should cover up for him.

The heiress could not really find peace in her sleep, as if she knows that, that day won’t be like those blissful days she would spend with Wu Fan.

And when she eventually woke up, she sat on her bed and held on her chest and murmured to herself, ‘’Trust him, he said he’s going to go back to you.’’

 

 

He was walking in one of the main halls of the hospital as he heads out to the car park when his younger brother Jong-In called him asking if he could go with him for the nth time. ‘’Hyung, please let me go with you.’’

‘’No.’’ He firmly replied.’’ …Lay’s dangerous and he wants me to go there with no one. You see, he might really do something bad if you come with me.’’

‘’But those babies are my children Hyung.’’ The heir reasoned out. ‘’…you can’t tell me to sit back and relax while my children were in the hands of an insane man!’’ He insisted.

The tall gentleman looked at his younger brother from head-to-toe. His condition did improve, but he still does look frail to throw himself into a dangerous mission.

He stepped closer to his younger brother and hugged him. ‘’Listen to Wu Fan-hyung even for just now… it will be better if it is just me. I promise I’d bring them back with me and your family will be whole.’

It was the very first time the mysterious gentleman hugged him, it was comforting but it sent him shrills as if it is going to be the first and last embrace that he will receive from his older brother. ‘’Hyung…’’ the heir tears up.

 

The mysterious gentleman broke from the latter, ‘’Take care of Joo Hyun, and please don’t make her cry…’’

‘’I know you’re doing this because you still love Joo Hyun.’’ The heir boldly opened up the matter as he wipes his tears like the usual little Jong-In who cries in front of his older brother when they were young.

Wu Fan faintly smiled and apologize to the latter, ‘’I guess…I’m sorry.’’

Then he left his younger brother.

Jong-In summoned Kim family’s private guards and ordered them to send one of their family’s helicopters and that they will silently follow his older brother going to Suwon. He also called for the hospital’s Anesthesiologist to give him a dose of Adrenaline – a hormone that is also available a drug to treat conditions such as cardiac arrest and anaphylaxis, which quickens the heart, and provides artificial strength that can last for a short span of time.

At first, Chanyeol was stopping him for doing so since Adrenaline may be helpful for his condition while traveling but may also cause him trouble once the drug’s affectivity suddenly relapses. But in the end, Jong-In won over him and followed his older brother to Suwon and left his older cousin with Yoona and Tiffany in order to look after Joo Hyun.

 

-----------

 

An hour later, Joo Hyun came back to her room from a general health recovery assessment from doctor Xi Luhan. Tiffany was on the couch opposite from her hospital bed that seemingly forced herself to sleep a few minutes back, while Chanyeol and Yoona looked as if they just stopped from arguing with one another.

The animated gentleman uneasily looked at her, he even jumped in surprise them moment he turned to her, ‘’N...noo…J-Joo Hyun-noona.’’

She looked at the room again, and asked the animated gentleman and the deer-eyed girl, ‘’Yoong, Yeol…where’s Jong-In?’’

The doe-eyed girl pulled the animated gentleman to her side, she knew that the latter might not be able to give a good excuse to her best friend, ‘’Jong-In? He just went for his MRI schedule…’’

‘’Yes, his doctor told me he’s sched for MRI’s (magnetic resonance imaging) today n…noona.’’ Chanyeol nervously seconded.

But Joo Hyun’s aware of her and her husband’s medical appointments for that particular week and that Jong-In’s MRI was not scheduled for that particular day. ‘’He’s sched is on the day after tomorrow Yeol.’’

The milady then finally noticed that they were hiding something from her and so she asked them again. ‘’ Where’s Jong-In?’’

‘’Like what we’ve told you Hyun…’’ Yoona started to lead her back on her bed. ‘’…he’ll be back here after his MRI.’’

‘’Where’s Jong-In?’’ she asked them fiercely this time.

The two knew that the milady won’t be that gullible to believe their excuses, and that her temper is way, way terrifying than her husband’s so they eventually admitted that Jong-In went to follow Wu Fan to rescue their children.

‘’He secretly followed Wu Fan-hyun, Joo Hyun-noona…’’  Chanyeol answered, cringing to where he was standing, readying himself just in case the milady hit him.

‘’But I thought Wu Fan-oppa would be going out by five… Jong-In told me that.’’

‘’It turns out that he should be there by five this afternoon Hyun.’’ The doe-eyed girl answered. “Your husband will not let you know everything of course.’’

The milady felt annoyed and at the same time extremely anxious towards the two, she felt disappointed that her husband did not really tell her the exact time when her Wu Fan-oppa has to go to Suwon. ‘’Did Wu Fan-oppa go there with guards?’’

‘’No. he went alone, that’s why Jong-In followed him.’’ the animated gentleman answered.

‘’Then, did Jong-In went with someone?’’ she emphasized, worrying that her husband might be going to danger acting rashly.

‘’He did, with some of our sages and with some Samsung’s.’’

She heaved a sigh both of frustration and relief. ‘’Tell Head Butler Kang to prepare a convoy, we should also get going.’’

The doe-eyed girl gripped firmly to her best friend’s arm.

‘’No, Yoong…I guess Jong-In did not want me to involve in this. But no matter how you look at the situation there’s no way I’m not involve in it. They’re my family.’’

 

 

----------

 

Lay silently peeped outside of the window to check if there are still men spying on him outside of the old mansion (estate), though he does not exactly know who ordered the men who were spying on him, he presumed that it was from his brother Wu Fan or from the Kim family since he kidnapped the twins. He never thought that some of the attacks he received may come from another person. Then his mobile phone rang, it was Lord Wu.

‘’Just what on earth are you doing?’’ the old lord furiously hissed on him.

‘’I’m taking back your grandson, my lord.’’

‘’Taking him back? You kidnapped the Kim twins…is that your way of taking him back? He might despise me even more if he knew that. Are you still in your right mind?’’

‘’That’s not important for as long as I bring him back to you my lord. Anything will do.’’ Then he hung up.

The serene looking gentleman was doing his mission on his own, he does not take action according to the old lord’s plan since he wanted to accomplish the mission successfully, by hook or by crook and get his rightful prize as soon as he take Wu Fan with him, or he wants to do something more than that.

He soon opened the door leading to the twins’ room. He checks up on them from time to time. In fact, he researched on how to take care of premature infants before executing his plans a few months before, he’s not really planning to hurt them nor he does not have any vivid plans on what to do to them in the first place. He just wanted to go get Wu Fan in front of him.

He was sitting on the wooden chair beside the incubator where the infants were. His mind was full of good and evil thoughts. He slowly reached to hold the hand of the female twin as he thought of their mother, Joo Hyun. She’s the person he really liked in his whole horrible life.

He remembered the days when he spied to the newlywed Kim couple by acting as their co-intern at Seoul National Hospital. He recalled how nice and thoughtful the young milady was to him as his partner during those few months.

‘Your mom is such a beautiful person; I wish your uncle would come on time so that you’ll grow as beautiful as your mom. I really envy your father. He’s the most foolish person I know yet he’s the Sole Heir and your mother only loves him.’

With these reasons, Jong-In is the second person he had resentment on.

He looked at his clock, and there are several minutes left before five in the afternoon. He presumed that his older brother Wu Fan is already near Suwon so he messaged him.

Pretty much you should be in the lines of Suwon now. Now take the old road going to the Executive Village, you should be there in ten minutes. I’ll call you when you’re there.

The serene gentleman’s presumption was accurate; Wu Fan’s already in Suwon district as he received his message. The mysterious gentleman immediately looked at his phone on his side as soon as it beeped and read the latter’s message.

Then he sped his way on to the old highway road heading to the Executive Village where Lay resides. The serene gentleman was able to watch every move he makes as he entered the old village since he was able to hack to main system of the village’s CCTVs.

As soon as Wu Fan’s car entered the gate of the village he received a call from his younger brother, ‘’…From there go straight then drive to the third street on your left.’’ So Wu Fan drove his way to the direction where Lay instructed him.

As soon as he got into the street, a memory when he was in his early teens flashed to him, he’s been there with his grandfather Lord Wu once. He looked at the only English manor that was there and remembered his conversation with the old lord.

‘’Wu Fan, this house will be yours once you finished university with flying colours.’’

It was supposed to be a gift to him, but he was so oblivious to remember.

He received a call again from his younger brother, ‘’Good, are you sure you’re alone?’’

‘’Of course, I went here alone like what you’ve said. Bring them back to me.’’

‘’Do you exactly know where I am now?’’ the serene looking gentleman purposely asked him in an annoying manner. He knows that Wu Fan will not be able to think carefully as soon as he loses his temper.

‘’I know.’’

‘’Really?’’

The serene looking gentleman started his game; he wanted to toy around his older brother and won’t let him retrieve the twins easily.

‘’…then where exactly am I?’’ he scornfully asked the older gentleman and laughed.

‘’I don’t have time to play with you Lay!’’ Wu Fan angrily spoke. ‘’…just tell me where you are and let’s settle this!’’

‘’…At the English-styled manor.’’ He replied, as the smile slowly faded on his face since his older brother still has the guts left on him to speak in such manner.

He then assembled a time bomb under the incubator where the infants were placed. Then he called his older brother again, ‘’…Be obedient to me. I’m leaving you with no choice.”

‘’I’m doing what you want…’’ the mysterious gentleman tried to counter but immediately got cut when he heard that the serene gentleman has set something – the time bomb.

‘’W-where are you?’’ he suddenly cringed. ‘’…please don’t do anything. I’d be there.’’ He swiftly ran to the English-styled manor on the street.

‘’You have fifteen minutes to accomplish our game.’’ Lay hissed over the phone. ‘’Now enter the gate straight to the front door.’’

And Wu Fan did what he’s told to do.

When he was at the front gate, the mysterious gentleman breathed deeply to compose himself. He needed to think straight and his every move should be accurate. Fifteen minutes must be a plenty of time if things go smoothly, but if he screws up, a single move or miss his younger brother’s instruction that fifteen minutes might be just enough, or worse shorter than the time he needed to bring the twins back to with him.

‘’Now open the door. You see two staircases? Now go up taking the left staircase.’’

And so the mysterious gentleman took the left staircase as he was instructed to.

When he reached the second floor of the English-styled manor, he saw a dusty wide empty hallway with fourteen doors that were seemingly equally divided leading into fourteen rooms. Then Lay spoke to him again, ‘’I’m giving you three times to guess the exact room to where we are. Each time you give me a wrong answer I’ll deduct three minutes on the time bomb. You still have twelve minutes and four seconds left. Better think carefully my Wu Fan-gege.’’ He laughed and continued counting, ‘’…twelve and three seconds, two, one, eleven and fity-nine, fifty-eight…’’

‘’Shut up!’’ Wu Fan keeps losing his temper and chose the number of the room to open for the first time, ‘’…The third door on the left.’’

‘’Wrong.’’  And he deducted three minutes from the time bomb.

The mysterious gentleman irked for answering without composure, he needed to think carefully or at least observe carefully before answering his older brother. He then came closer to the rooms and looked for clues. Time is still running, hence he’s still at the losing side.

The serene looking gentleman was getting more and more impatient towards the latter and spoke again, ‘’…are you already giving up? Just tell me…I’ll press the button.’’

‘’N-no!’’ Wu Fan pleaded. He then closed his eyes and tried to listen from where the time bomb sounds comes from. He’s only got barely seven minutes to rescue them and still doesn’t know if the guessing game is the only obstacle he needed to pass. He listened intently to the first room to his right, no, then to the fifth room to his left, still no, the fourth room to the right, the sound comes a little farther than that then he decided to answer, ‘’…the sixth room from the right.’’

Lay smirked, his older brother guessed it right but it took him some time. He looked the time bomb, and the mysterious gentleman only got a mere five minutes and a half, and as he instructed his older brother to proceed to the room where he and the twins were located, he briefly glanced outside the window and saw a few fortress of sages swiftly heading to the mansion, ‘’I told you to come here alone didn’t I?’’

The mysterious gentleman did not wait for the latter’s instruction and trusted his guess. He did not like the way his younger brother spoke last. He really came on his own. He banged the door open, and shouted ‘’I’m here, I came alone!’’

‘’Liar!’’ Lay got a pistol out of his pocket and pointed it to his older brother, while his other hand was holding the control timer of the time bomb.

‘’I did what you said! I did what you said, Lay.’’ Wu Fan was trying his best to get near to the younger lad.

‘’Hyung, Wu Fan-hyung!’’ a familiar voice was heard calling him from the window, it was Jong-In.

Wu Fan was completely thrown; he was completely clueless that the heir was following him all the while.

‘’Liar!’’ the serene looking gentleman was going to press the remote control of the time bomb so the mysterious gentleman immediately ducked forward to stop him from doing so.

 

Then a sound of a gunshot echoed the whole room.

 

And another one.

And another one.

 

Blood slowly colored the floor in crimson as well as it stained the serene looking gentleman’s face. He felt a sudden weight that fell on him; it was his older brother begging with his breath, ‘’Please…don’t do this, I…I’m sorry Lay.’’

The glass window was forcefully opened as Jong-In together with a few personal guards with him broke in.  The heir immediately went to attack the serene looking gentleman, aiming for the control button of the time bomb but failed.

Lay have gathered all the strength left in him and carried his half-alive older brother to become is hostage. He did not exactly knew what he did to him, he was acting all abrupt and was afraid that things won’t come as the way he planned it to be so he started shooting not just once, but thrice.

Now it’s Jong-In’s turn to deal, and he’s only got two minutes to save his children and his older brother.

He spoke, ‘’Just what do you think you’re doing?’’

Lay’s cannot think straight anymore, he still cannot get over about what he just did and was still figuring out what he could still do to own the situation. The heir bravely stepped closer to him.

So the serene looking gentleman fires his gun to frighten the heir, but Jong-In was not shaken a bit.

‘’One more step and I’ll kill your brother.’’ Lay pointed the gun on Wu Fan’s left temple.

The mysterious gentleman was gasping as hard as he could, gesturing his younger brother Jong-In not to come closer. The heir attempted to come a step closer but got frozen as he looked at the time bomb. ‘’One minute and thirteen seconds…’’

Sage Kyuhyun, one of the best Samsung sages was the one who was with him has already positioned himself from a corner gestured that he’s in control and he’ll shoot Lay’s hand if ever he’d push the control button of the time bomb and that he should deal on negotiating with the insane Lay to release his older brother.

‘’What did you do to my hyung?’’ the heir furiously roared to the serene gentleman as he ran to their direction.

Lay finally lost it and fire another gunshot to the heir. This time, Jong-In got shot on his right thigh and fell on the ground, he almost reached them. At least, he was close.

‘’One more wrong move Kim Jong-In, I’ll kill this loving older brother of yours!’’ Lay pointed his pistol to Wu Fan’s left temple even harder.

The heir was still striving to get up from the ground, was speechless of the pain and was trying to understand what the Samsung sage was beckoning him to do.

The sage told him to still act in horrid pain so that he can signal the other sages to give him a back up in a smoother manner.

Jong-In then tried to crawl still but assure that he could aim one of Lay’s hands just in case Kyuhyun beckoned him what he’s supposed to do next.

On the other hand, sage Kyuhyun’s trying to figure out how to detonate the bomb. He’s certain that the heir would not want to order him nor the other sage to kill Lay despite the situation. He beckoned one of the nearest snipers who can clearly see and attack Lay at a certain distance. He commanded the sage, ‘’Shoot the target’s left arm so that Jong-In could get the chance to get his brother and the time bomb’s remote control.’’

One minute and two seconds. The heir only has a very little time to save his older brother and his twins, he should think straight, he should move accurately.

Fifty-seven seconds. Still, there’s no signal from the sage. Please, make a move we only have a little time. The heir prayed.

Fourty- five seconds. He closed his eyes, as he slowly feels the pain getting worse on his left thigh.

Thirty-two seconds.

Then he heard Lay’s cry as blood splattered on his face the moment he looked up to his brother. Wu Fan, who was seemingly lifeless, fell from the serene gentleman’s grip, so he caught him on his arms and quickly stole the remote control from the serene gentleman’s right hand. Unluckily, it fell under the incubator from where the infants were.

He tried to reach for the time bomb’s remote control as he attempted to crawl under the incubator but to his surprise Lay was groping on one of his legs.

Twenty-seven seconds left. He did not mind how painful it was as he kept on reaching for the time bomb’s control. But then again, the wicked serene gentleman started pressing on his left thigh to defeat him.

Jong-In growled in pain, as Lay started to counter one of his arm to stop him from getting the object.

Kyuhyun finally commanded those standby sages to enter the scene to save Wu Fan and Jong-In as well as the twins. Hence, he broke the heir’s command only to watch them from afar no matter what.

Twenty-one seconds. As the sages started entering the room from the door and from the window Lay was also able to retrieve his pistol on the ground and pointed it to Jong-In’s face. The heir could only close his eyes, he did not know if he just accept his death.

Bang!

A gun-shot echoed the whole place again. But the sound came from another kind of gun.

Seventeen-seconds.

‘’Young master Jong-In, please try to stand up. Let’s get going.’’ The heir found himself being carried by two sages. He then looked at the ground and saw that Lay was lying flat on the floor, and was shot on his head. Then he looked at his twins who were still in the incubator that was also being carried by the sages.

He sure feels his whole world was on the twirl, to the point that he cannot feel his legs anymore. Then lastly, he looked at his older brother. And though his vision was starting to blur out, he understood that the sage was trying to revive him.

‘’Hyung…please hold on…you need to live with us, happily.’’ He tried to extend his hand, as if he could still reach him.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: My dear-reader-nims I'm really sorry for such an awefully late update. Please support this story as it nears its end. Thank You!