London: Everything for My Wife

The Heir's Love Story

 


"Joo Hyun! Bbali-wa!" Jong-In shouted in his usual irate tone.

He indeed prepared fast, and was starting becoming impatient waiting for his wife who was still preparing herself inside their room. It was his third time shouting her name and it was getting louder and louder.

"Young Master, please consider Milady Kim. You know, she's a girl she needs time to prepare herself." the round-eyed junior butler tried to calm his young master down as he was sweeping the pearl tiled floor.

The heir crossed his arms on his chest and already greeted his teeth getting more and more impatient, and retorted the round-eyed junior butler's statement, "Five minutes is already precious Butler Do. If you're going to waste five minutes for being late, do you think you can still be called an asset in this household?"

The round-eyed junior butler got tongue-tied with the heir's question, "I-I...of course you're right young master."

He was defeated with the young heir's wits and just focused on sweeping the floor.

"KIM JOO HYUN!" he road as the vein's on his temples appeared.

Finally after waiting for exactly seven minutes the milady was already done preparing herself and walked her way down to the grandiose staircase of the old English mansion.

"What has gotten into you again?" she asked her husband quizzically as she walked her way down the staircase.

He raised an eyebrow and responded in a sarcastic tone,” I thought you're the most punctual Joo Hyun."

"Mianhe Jong-In-ssi." she apologized, knowing that it's going to be another bickering session if she's going to retort back to him. And just smile to at least lighten up his mood a bit.

"It's because I thought you want me to Tour you for this day that's why I'm getting strict with the time, it's almost eleven o'clock you know? You don't have all the time in the world Kim Joo Hyun, as if you can tour all the good places here in London within eight hours." he started his nagging.

"Then let's extend it 'til midnight." she smiled as a defense mechanism to her husband's negativity as she clung to his arm.

"Kim Joo Hyun." he said in his usual low tone as he looked at her intently from head-to-toe, and asked sternly, "Why are you wearing casual clothes?"

"Let's tour like the usual tourists Jong-In-ah." she used her usual irresistible charm to him.

"That won't do to us!” he looked at how she clung to him. 'Seriously, why do you have to be so close like that again.' he thought, as he fought hard not to fall from her charm.

"Please?" she asked in her usual polite tone, that makes her even cuter.

"Aniyo Kim Joo Hyun." he stated firmly, but as he faced her, his persistent wife then untied his tie.

And seriously, there's no need to wear an executive suit if you're just going to tour your wife.

"There, at least look like you're not going to an executive meeting." she uttered, satisfied with her husband's more comfortable look.

"Joo Hyun, you know we can't stroll like some other commoners. You've been threatened just the other day and going around the city with me will just cause a lot more ruckus." he tried to reason out.

But the milady was persistent, she knew very well that if they do that tour in such exceptional matter they would least enjoy it. Add the fact that there will be security around them means that they will not have a sense of privacy.

"Jong-In-ah, just this one please? Let me win over you just this time.” she finally implemented her aegyo.

'Man, how could my wife be so cute?' he thought, trying his very best still not to give in to her aegyo overload.

He then breathed deeply and sighed in defeat as he gave in to her request, "Okay, just this once."

She then instantly went jolly, as her shining eyes sparks even more. "Jeongmalyeo?"

"Neh, Joo Hyun." he puffed his cheeks and breathed out again, "Do you want me to take it back?"

"Aniyo." she was smiling innocently like a little kid. She has her kiddy side, and she has her tendency to become a tall kid when she's really in bliss.

She then even clung to his arm tighter. "Kamsahamnida, Jong-In-ah."

'Kaja." he then led his wife outside the mansion. 'Really, this Milady has her childish side too.' he warmly smiled – one of the rarest things he does, seeing how excited his wife to go to places around London only with him.


But before they really walked out outside the mansion, Jong-In let down his hair and wore huge round specs that would cover almost his entire face for a disguise.

"Jong-In ah. What's with that look?" she looked at him with a questioning expression.

"It's for them not to notice me. You know how people know me for my brushed up hair and for my clean looks."

"Neh, I've never seen you let down your hair. But you look younger that way. Better." she smiled admiring how her husband looked good with his let down hair.

"Well, thanks for that, but please wear some disguise too." he then put a huge sunglass and cap on her.

"Jong-In-ah, you're making me look like a creep with this." she complained.

"Better than if you go out and get ganged by crooks again when they find out you're Milady Kim!"

"Aniyo!"

And the two started their bickering session as they walk their outside the mansion.


He was completely clueless of where they are heading to since he was not able to come up with a plan, and the worse part was they were already walking on the streets few blocks away from the mansion.

The two were walking a meter apart since they just came from their bickering session. For goodness sake, Seohyun was also getting good at it since they were always doing it like forever.

 

"Why don't we go to Harrod's first since it's just near here?" he started to broke out.

"But it's...it's so expensive there Jong-In-ah. We could go visit Trafalgar or other downtowns like Covent Garden so we can buy much without spending too much." she attempted to decline but then dragged by her husband to no avail.

"Come on, remember who your husband is, and what's the use of all my cash and Visa Card if I’m not going to swipe it?" he reasoned out rather sounding a bit boastful.

"Jong-In ah, you know I'm not after anything."

"But Joo Hyun, you're my wife. Definitely I would buy you what's really for you.” He was persistent.

'Seriously Jong-In-ah, you don't really have to buy the world to me because I'm already contented strolling around like this.' though tangible things might not be make her the happiest, his thoughts of addressing  her as his wife was the thing that made her feel flattered and her heart flutter as well.

Their first stop inside Harrods was at Hermes. One of the famous brands Joo Hyun never intended to buy even a single tote bag for herself ever since.

"Jong-In, what are we doing here?" she was asking the obvious giving him a quizzical look.

"Of course, to buy some things." he coyly responded, have already selected a tote bag for him and was looking for a nice tote bag for her.

"Here hold this." he gave her a black leather bag accented with white and gold linings.

She then looked for the price tag. "Nine hundred ninety-nine pounds." she read as her jaws drops with the price of the dainty leather bag. She thought it's her whole allowance for a semester.

"Jong-In-ah, seriously I can get by with my old backpack." she indirectly declined and attempted to put it back.

But before she do that he saw him with the same tote bag she was holding and another three female handbags for her.

"Come on Joo-Hyun. We're done here." he then made his was coolly going to the cashier without even bothering about his wife's opinion and just swiped the black visa card like a boss.

"Omo, why did you do that Jong-In?" she asked rather protesting as she nears him.

"Did what?" he asked back and averted his attention to a male store assistant, "Deliver these bags to Kim mansion."

"As you wish Young Sire." the store assistant immediately complied to what the young master instructed him to do.

"Eh?" she was dumbfounded on how he can even boss around a Hermes staff.

"What's the problem again Joo Hyun?"

"He's even going to deliver it at home?"

"Neh, what's wrong with that?"

"We just have to carry those, aren't you thinking? It's another charge!" she tried to protest.

He sighed with his usual wife's ways, and explained. "Joo Hyun, even if I boss around all the workers here at Harrod's it will not really matter."

"And how do you say that?” she shot back, not knowing if she has to be in awe or consider him bragging.

"Joo Hyun, I'm one of the shareholders of Harrod's, and 40% of the whole mall is under my name alone." he explained.

Mind everyone, Jong-In was not bragging but was trying to explain himself calmly to his seemingly overwhelmed wife.

"B-bwo? Y-you mean you're one of the owners of Harrod's right now?" her eyes almost popped out of its sockets.

"Neh, I bought shares of this mall when I was twelve so I can even shop alone without being bothered."

'Can't believe this, Jong-In-ah are you trying to impress me? You even need to bring me here at Harrod's just to shop and tell me that you're an owner of this extravagant shopping center.' she spoke to herself as she found herself being pulled by her husband into another luxurious boutique famous for their Trench coats - Burberry.

He was getting all the items that please his eyes: bags, coats, dresses, perfumes, and accessories without even looking or asking his wife since he knew that she will just be protesting again, until she saw a black man and woman pair trench coat displayed on one of the main aisle of the shop.

"Joo Hyun-ah." he called her name.

She was also fascinated with the black paired trench coats; those were simple, yet appear sleek and dainty. And she was imagining that they were wearing it while walking on the streets looking perfect wearing them.

When he looked at his wife, he saw slightly agape, and asked, "Do you want that Joo Hyun?"

She subconsciously nodded still not paying attention to her husband.

"Okay then." he said, getting his black visa from his pocket and made his way to the counter.

She then realized the price of the items again, "So luxurious! No Jong-In ah." she sprinted her way to stop him.

But Jong-In was swift in purchasing everything, with the aid of his almighty black visa card, everything is unlimited.

"Neh? What again Joo Hyun-ah?" he asked, hovering the card away from her.

"H-how much are those again?" she asked.

He knew from her tone that it's going to be a petty fight again once she knew the price of what he just bought

"Need not to know Joo Hyun-ah. Just enjoy the whole day since I allotted it for you."

"B-But, you're wasting money with all those, you know I can get by with simple things. I'm low maintenance you know." she reasoned out.

The heir sighed in defeat and grabbed the hand of his wife as they flew off to several more luxurious stores inside Harrod's.

He bought everything for his wife from clothes, perfumes, accessories down to shoes.

She was in awe at how they almost flew inside every luxury shops inside the affluent mall and purchased all he eyed on almost every thing for her. They spent an hour and a half as swift as that.

"Jong-In ah, let's sit for a while shall we? You're walk as if someone's hunting you down. Please." she then sat herself in a random English couch somewhere in Harrod's.

“Arayeo, let’s sit here for a while.”

Then they sat there for a moment, not uttering a word to one another.

She definitely got her legs cramped for keeping up with her husband pace who walked swift and who steps effortlessly with his long legs.

She then straightened her legs and massaged it herself.

"Jong-In-ah." she broke out.

"Neh?"

"Why do you have to buy these things for me?" she eyed all the paper bags from luxurious items inside just for her.

He then grabbed both of her legs, and placed them on his lap, and does the massage for her.

"It's because I want that whatever I have, you must also have them too."

"But seriously, I can get by with all that I have right now, and to tell you I'm already grateful because everything is too much for me." she reasoned out.

"Joo Hyun-ah, I know you're not used to these kinds of things that’s why I’m not asking you anymore because I know you’ll just decline." he paused as he averted his gaze to her. "Though you're not used to these kinds of things it's my responsibility to give you all these. It's a small matter and -" he suddenly got out of words to reason out.

"And?" she abridged him.

He averted his attention to her legs and continued massaging her again intentionally avoiding eye contact with her.

"Because I want to give everything for my wife." he confessed almost whispering.

Though his last sentence in almost an incoherent manner, she clearly heard it, ‘…everything for my wife.’ It meddled inside her mind for a moment as her heart started fluttering again due to his reasoning.

“Better now?” he asked, breaching the discomfited silence he just did between them.

“Ahuh.” She responded, and suddenly made a rather childish request, “The trench coats Jong-In, can we wear it together?”

He then faced her again, “Sure, let’s wear it some other time.”

She huffed in disappointment because of him not getting what she wanted them to do.

“What’s the problem again?” he asked giving her a questioning expression.

“Nothing.” She denied, but the distress was all written on her face.

She’s too pure to lie though; he perceived that she was bottling something inside her again. “You tell me Joo Hyun.”

“I-I” she stammered, feeling uncomfortable uttering the request straightforwardly since she realized that it’s something that normal couples do, and of course they are a couple – by law.

“What’s stopping you to say it, just tell me.” He was getting impatient though trying his best to be patient with his wife.

She then looked down, gathering all her pride left in her and answered, “I want us to wear those trench coats today Jong-In.”