The Familiar Feeling and the Comfortable Companion

The Heir's Love Story

 

It was a chilly late afternoon, the cool breeze of autumn evening just added coldness in Wu Fan and Soo Jung's feelings.

 

They were walking at the nearest park in Seoul National University - Hospital, both speechless to each other, and both have no particular places to go.

 

Soo Jung feels how broken the mysterious gentleman feels. No words can make him feel better at that very moment. She can relate to it, since it's the same feeling she feels towards Jong-In. Their only difference at that very moment was that she already cut down her hopes towards the heir months before, while the mysterious gentleman just did it.

 

She let him be until the sun completely went down, and he broke out, "We've been walking around here for more than an hour, I thought you're going to treat me an ice cream?"

 

"I thought you're not in the mood so I let you be in here, Wu Fan-oppa." she softly answered, looking down on her own shoes.

 

"I was just waiting for you to talk Soo Jung, it will be embarrassing for me if I request for it."

 

Sadness was all she could sense from his voice. She doesn't like it. The wise young man who always cheers her up with his wise words was the one who was suffering at that very moment. Though he was not as close as Jong-In to her, she considers her as one of her dear friends.

 

The heiress grabbed the mysterious gentleman's hand, "…Then let's go for my treat."

 

The two of them walked together hand-in-hand. She doesn't know how to make her Wu Fan-oppa feel less lonely, all she knows is that being by his side was the best thing she could ever do for him.

 

"I've seen in the magazine two years before that you like blueberry cheese cake ice cream Wu Fan-oppa, is that true or the press just invented it?" she randomly asked.

 

"I like it too Soo Jung, but it is actually vanilla that is my favorite."

 

For prominent young masters like them, it's funny how the slightest thing in their lives were even changed into something else because even the smallest detail in their lives could turn to be a big issue. She chuckled and eventually turned out laughing, "Oppa, that was silly. It's just the flavor of your favorite ice cream, why do you still have to change it?"

 

"Because they say that if they state it's vanilla, I will really appear as a blunt person. You know vanilla, the safest ice cream you could eat since it's less sugar compared to any other ice cream flavor."

 

She clearly remembered that magazine interview of Wu Fan two years ago. He's one of the most sought after young men in China and whole Asia, the definition of perfection. The young dragon of the Wu family if you will see him the magazines, you would certainly be awestruck by his perfect features, and tough image which was the opposite image of the Wu Fan she was with at that very moment.

 

"Too stiff, too blunt Wu Fan-oppa." she childishly remarked and suddenly poked his cheek.

 

"What's wrong with vanilla Soo Jung?" he asked half protesting.

 

"It's less yummier than and other flavor-oppa. As if you don't really like to enjoy life eating delicious foods." then she faced the cashier to order their ice creams, "One vanilla ice cream and one blueberry cheesecake ice cream please."

 

Then she face the mysterious gentleman again, "Just in case you change your mind into blueberry cheesecake we can share mine."

 

"Thanks." he faintly answered as his eyes started to turn watery.

 

"Here's your vanilla and blueberry cheesecake ice cream miss."

 

"Thanks." she got the tray with their ice creams and walked to a table for two near the glass wall of the ice cream parlor where the serene evening view of the park they strolled could be clearly viewed.

 

Silence enveloped the two of them as they silently ate their own ice creams while watching random people strolling around the park from the glass wall of the ice cream restaurant.

 

"Oppa, it seems that you don't like my treat for you." she broke the silence between them.

 

Wu Fan was not in trance and kept his sight from the view they were watching.

 

"Oppa." she called on him again.

 

"N-neh?" he finally snapped back into reality.

 

"I said, it seems that you're not enjoying your ice cream." she suddenly offered hers to him, as she scooped a spoonful of blueberry cheesecake ice cream and was about to feed him.

 

She beckoned the mysterious gentleman to open his mouth, "Here comes the airplane oppa. Say ah -"

 

He attempted to protest but eventually opened his mouth for the spoonful of blueberry cheesecake ice cream that the young heiress offered him.

 

"Jung Soo Jung, that's really a big scoop" he protested as he almost chocked from swallowing the whole spoonful of ice cream.

 

"It's because I want you to stop sulking even for this time Wu Fan-oppa!" she stated giggling and eventually fell laughing really hard because of the mysterious gentleman's epic reaction.

 

He eventually smiled hearing the heiress' motive. "Thanks Soo Jung."

 

Soo Jung suddenly got a table napkin and wiped the mysterious gentleman's lower lip with ice cream stain. "Omo, you're cute oppa!" she laughed. "It's good to see your not-so-perfect side Mysterious Gentleman."

 

"Silly Soo Jung!" he started ruffling the young heiress' hair.” I’m not perfect like what you think."

 

She jokingly sighed, and jested, "If the two of us will be happy, the both of us looks perfect."

 

----------

 

Three hours has passed but still there's no single sound made inside the young milady's hospital room. They're locked up, and since Wu fan and Soo Jung left Jong-In and Joo Hyun inside the room, the young heir did not spoke a single word nor created sound while the young milady kept her eyes shut and tried to fall asleep though she really can't to avoid creating a conversation to her husband.

 

The heir also avoided his wife but cannot force himself not to look at her from time to time since he knows how fragile her condition was. He already got fed up complaining, though he was still irking inside to go out of the room but he was helpless that all he could do was to wait for someone to open the damned door for him.

 

Unfortunately, several hours passed but no one came to open the door for him. And so he went to the hospital window and watched the scenery of the breezy autumn evening.

 

"Krystal Jung, come back already! I want to go home!" he childishly shouted all of a sudden.

 

Few minutes passed again, he cannot cover up for his suppressed annoyance that he started punching the marble wall near the window.

 

Joo Hyun tried her best not to mind him, until the sound that her husband was making became already disturbing for her.

 

"Shhh!" she tried to hush the heir but he was really stubborn for her forewarning.

 

"Kim Jong-In, will you please just stop it?" she tried to shut him once again in a rather stern manner.” They’ll be back soon so please, let me sleep for a bit aren't you tired of your nonstop whining because I'm already tired of hearing you like that?"

 

The heir was completely shut by the milady's manner of confronting him.

He was not expecting to hear such stern kind of scolding from a frail looking young lady, even her angelic face tells him that she's not the type to scold someone even if she's angry.

 

 

'Maybe I've pushed her patience to the limit.'  He pondered as he stared at her for a moment.

 

They let another our pass, the milady was able to hold herself from making a sound while the heir completely lost his patience and started opening a simple conversation, "I'm hungry already, aren't you?"

 

Joo Hyun beckoned him that she was not.

 

He was disappointed by the young lady's manner of answering and began, "I am tired for arguing a lot this day so please let's not make each others' mood bad. It will be bad for me and it will be awful for you..." he stopped for a moment and almost incoherently continued, "...and it will be bad for those kids inside you."

 

Unfortunately, his last phrase was still audible for the milady that she frankly shot back, "Just this afternoon you just told everyone that you don't know us...and now don't tell me that you're worrying about us."

 

"Huh?" he was completely struck by the milady's reply. He was expecting that she will agree to stop arguing but she's the one who is persistent of arguing with him now. "Look Joo Hyun...I mean, Mrs. Kim, I'm trying to be nice here though I completely lost my patience hours ago. I mean look at you, I'm the only one in here with a pregnant woman who almost had a miscarriage tell me how will I not worry about you?"

 

It hurts her more that he clarified that he was all anxious for her because of pity, and not because of recognizing that his own family was just put in danger even if they are all in front of him.

 

"You really don't have to be a gentleman Jong-In, because I know you're not. I know you very well; you're not the type to bother about things you're really not involved in."

 

He crossed his arms on his chest, and thought for a moment, "So you're saying that I'm really not the father of your twins now. Great! So scene that just happened this afternoon was just for a show?"

 

His scornful nature and tactless behavior is very Kim Jong-In that even when he's psychologically deviated at the very moment his wife could still tell that her other half is still his own self.

 

"So Kim Jong-In..." she suddenly chuckled. "...but I still wonder why you chose not to remember me."

 

She tried to keep a strong front for him but her eyes were too honest to lie not to show how hurt she is inside.

 

He could not even understand himself at that very moment, seeing her eyes glistening right after uttering those scornful words to counter him makes him want to cringe from his stance. He was sure that he was just seeing an endangered pregnant woman in front of him, nothing more, and nothing less. But what was weird was, there was something inside of him that was telling him to stop what he was doing to her, and hush the milady that was in front of him from crying.

 

"Let's stop this argument here. It's not good for you." he went to her bedside and tucked the milady with her comforter up to her chest.

 

Joo Hyun shunned his hands away from her as she couldn't hide her tears anymore, "Please, if you really don't know me don't act like you care about me like that."

 

He was so sure, that he's facing a stranger at that very moment. But the stubbornness of the lady in front of him seems to be so familiar for him he was certain that he had already dwelled with someone, the exact nature, that's why that kind of stubbornness was very familiar.

 

Like he did not hear a word or a protesting sound from her, he indifferently covered her with the same warm sheets of the hospital bed.

 

"You better sleep, you need to rest." he uttered in his usual low tone, his usual commanding manner.

 

Seeing him acting like before, makes her heart break in to smaller pieces. His ways were still the same, the way he scold her was still the same, and the way he stares at her was still the same. The only difference is that the husband she was expecting to return the love she was longing for seven long months doesn't recognize her.

 

She doesn't want to fall for the husband who looks at her as a stranger. But the fact that she misses him so much, she couldn't suppress what she was feeling inside that tears kept flowing no matter how hard she tries to hold it.

 

"Kim Jong-In if you're happy with your life right now, I will not force you to -"

 

He suddenly laid his head on her tummy, "Please stop, I’m not going to argue with you anymore, these two in here looks like they're tired as well." he briefly faced her, as he wrapped his arm around her tummy.” Let’s just accept that we cannot do anything but to take a rest for tonight...try your best to bear with Me." then he laid his head on her tummy again and shut his eyes.

 

She couldn't utter a word, and all she could wish for at that very moment was that for the time to stop for them because she knew that once the door of her hospital room opens her husband that she missed for a long time will be leaving her side again.

 

"...and stop crying. You know, even if I find you so weird because you hate me a lot I still don't like to see you cry. It doesn't fit you." he spoke for the last time as he completely went to dreamland.

 

'Your ways haven't changed one bit. How can I not forget about you Jong-In?'

 

-----------

Kim Family's Sole Heir found Alive and getting Medication in SNUH.

 

The old lord Wu read the headline of the buzzing news on his tablet as he took his medications served by one of his servants.

 

"Zhang Yi Xing!" he growled the name of the serene looking gentleman.

 

A lean stature serene looking gentleman with a long scar on his left jaw line appeared in front of the old lord in an instant obviously cringing.

 

"Yes, Lord Wu." he responded meekly.

 

The old lord literally hurled the tablet on Yi Xing's face, furious that he was not able to contain himself and already ruptured out, "So you've really failed to kill the Sole Heir don't you?"

 

Yi Xing was definitely tongue tied as soon as he saw the news on the tablet. His prey that he has been searching for seven long months has finally appeared, the only thing is that he exposed himself to the public before he could even finish him.

 

He was searching for him all over the world for a time being to accomplish his mission, and now that the old lord knew that he failed to murder the Sole Heir his aim of having a part of the Wu clan's portion of wealth was put at stake again.

 

'Kim Jong-In, where in the world did you hide? And why did you choose to appear at this point of time?'

 

----------

Dawn came, as the sunrise was already peaking at the gray sky. Wu Fan and Soo Jung spent their whole evening roaming around the sleepless evening streets of Seoul strolling, and eating street foods like commoners.

 

It's their first time to experience walking around the city without any special treatments. Thus, both enjoyed their friendly date together setting aside their worries about the husband-and-wife.

 

"I think we should get back to the hospital." Soo Jung spoke as she intertwined her arm with Wu Fan's arm.

 

"Thanks Soo Jung, your bratty attitude has some good points too." he smiled warmly as he tapped the young heiress' head as they walked to the hospital.

 

"Bratty?" she questioned the adjective he used to describe her,"...so all this time that's how you find me. Bratty?"

 

"Well, am I wrong?" the mysterious gentleman asked her back.

 

Soo Jung suddenly jumped on his back for a piggy back ride, "Fine, I'm bratty so please walk me to the hospital. I'm already sleepy Wu Fan-oppa."

 

He was left with no choice but to carry the young heiress on his back on their way to the hospital.

 

Somehow, he was thankful that Soo Jung is always there to bug him. Having a dongsaeng like her by his side makes him forget about his worries for the milady even for a short while.

 

Now, they need to face reality again. He's thankful for the whole evening of stroll with the Samsung's heiress.

 

'Thanks Soo Jung, someday that one fortunate man will see you as a woman. Wait for it, but for now just be a wonderful dongsaeng who could bring happiness for others. Thanks for the ice cream.'

 

"Do you know that you're the first girl I carried on my back?" Wu Fan suddenly opened up.

 

"Really? You never piggyback Joo Hyun-unnie?"

 

"I never had the chance to do that Soo Jung."

 

"So are you regretting that I am the first girl you piggybacked? Sorry." she joking apologized.

 

Her bright side was sure amusing for him, "It doesn't really matter Soo Jung." he briefly joggled her weight and jested, "...you're surprisingly heavier than I thought."

 

 

The heiress did not even bother to get off from Wu Fan's back even if they already reached Joo Hyun's hospital room.

 

There they find Joo Hyun and Jong-In, both sleeping soundly. The heir was still laying his head on her tummy.

 

"Soo Jung, look at them." Wu Fan softly whispered to Soo Jung as he beckoned him to wake up and look at the beautiful sight in front of them.

 

The heiress blinked her eyes for a few times, at first she could not believe it. She already knows herself that her love for Jong-In was such a waste and seeing it once more made her sigh her last feeling of disappointment.

 

'No matter how I selfishly want you by my side Jong-In, I cannot deny that she still makes the perfect picture with you.'

 

Though it was a heartbreaking scene for the heiress and mysterious gentleman, all they could do was to accept the fact that they both love people that will never be for them and were never meant for them.

 

Reality but there are times in life that no matter how sincerely you give your heart to someone, if they're not meant for you, feelings won't change what's written beforehand.

 

All you could do to show your love is to continue loving the person who became dear to you, selflessly. Be happy for them once they find their own happiness even if it's with another person and wait patiently for the perfect timing for that one person who was created to become your better half.

 

"Jung Soo Jung, don't you think we don't look cool watching them from here like this?" the mysterious gentleman softly mumbled to the young heiress who was still on his back.

 

Soo Jung did not utter a word but tightened her grip on her Wu Fan-oppa's shoulders.

 

The mysterious gentleman felt the tension building inside the heiress. He too was jealous at that very moment. But who are they to feel that way?

 

He intentionally bumped the side of his head with hers, "Jung Soo Jung, why don't we just go for another round of stroll? Just try to sleep there, okay?"

 

And so the mysterious gentleman carried the young heiress for another set of random stroll in SNUH garden leaving the husband and wife inside the hospital room they've just opened.

 

----------

 

Sunrays woke up the heir as it beamed on his face. It was already past seven in the morning when he opened his eyes.

 

The place where he laid his head for slumber was undeniably comfortable for him.

 

He first looked at the hospital room's door and found that it was slightly opened. It was a relief for him, he could finally escape from the room and go home like what he really wanted to do.

 

Then he faced the sleeping milady and realized that he was still wrapping his arm around her waist so he gently removed his arm around her and sat straight.

 

'You don't look bad at all; it's a good thing you're able to sleep. In fact you're pretty.'

 

Subconsciously he was already admiring her from a little distance. Her peaceful face gives him a strange feeling of relief.

 

He took a closer look of her as he tucked the blanket properly around her.

 

"Sleep tight Kim Joo Hyun you still need a lot of rest." he softly whispered, his face was just an inch away from hers.

 

Unexpectedly, the young milady slowly opened her eyes and spoke, "Are you going away already?"

 

The heiress blinked twice before answering her question, he already felt that she wants him to stay but he was also worried that Soo Jung might be anxious of him at that very moment.

 

"I'm sorry Joo Hyun-ssi, but my fiancée’s certainly looking for me."