Arguments

The Heir's Love Story

Finals period made every medical technology students dead busy, Jong-In and Seohyun on the other hand rarely get to see each other as he started helping his grandfather run the Korean leg of their company while she was juggling her time for the upcoming finals, modeling for ELLE and ethics classes at home. And this made her also unable to hand with her friends as well.

“Goodness, I’m tired seeing your face Alligator, Dark-skin.” Sooyoung mocked the two out of boredom.

“Be thankful we’re still here to hand with you.” Yuri defied bluntly no in the mood to fight back.

“Be quiet you two and listen!” Yoona tried so hard to focus on the discussion.

“If only Seohyun is here to bare all my mocking, I will never be this grumpy.” The shikshin sighed.

“Soo, since she does not around let’s try to be more serious now. She’ll be needing our help once she’s over with her schedules I’m sure of that.” The doe-eyed girl started to sermon the latter.

“Fine. Let’s just do it.” The tallest girl got convinced and agreed.

It has been a month since the two got married, and the change that the three were facing was to adopt for the absence of their youngest that they really love. They need to take extra effort to listen to the lessons, and even write their own notes in every subjects since the most eager of them was not around to lend them her lecture notes for being pre-occupied with the new things that she’s ought to do since she’s already the milady of the Kims.

 

Fortunately, Jong-In was able to attend the last period for that day.

“Yoona-noona, what did I miss?” he immediately asked as he sat on his seat.

“We did have a quiz on the first subject. But Park songsaengnim told us that you two will be receiving online supplementary lecture for you to catch up.” the doe-eyed girl informed the young man and asked where was their youngest, “Where’s Seohyun? When is she going to be around again?”

“Maybe tomorrow noona. Her contract with Elle will end today.”

“We missed her some much Jong-In.”

“We rarely see each other either noona, we’re both pre-occupied with our schedules.”

“Good to hear that, but is she okay going back to school? I mean you two are restless, right?”

“She’s a super girl Yoona-noona. You know that.”


On the other side of the story, Jong-In’s other half was busy taking ethics lessons with Mr. Wu.

“There, make sure your back is straight but relaxed so you can finish walking the straight line.”

“Mr. Wu, how can I do that with all these books on my head?” she find it very complicated to master the Milady’s poise, with the three hardbound books on her head.

“Joo Hyun-ah.” The instructor tone got serious.

“Okay.” She sighed and tried to do the same thing again for the nth time. But them the books fell from her head this time.

The instructor let out a deep sigh with his student’s scene, he then decided to approach his student, “Milady, please take a rest for a few minutes.”

Her frustration just grew in her after seeing his disappointed reaction. Aware of the gentleman’s calm nature seeing him sigh because she cannot perform well is quite a big deal.

 

Few minutes later, they started all over again. But this time, Mr. Wu instructed her to flatten her back on the wall so she can picture out what kind of posture she has to have.

“Joo Hyun, try to focus more.” He uttered, as he held both of the milady’s shoulders and fixes her posture against the wall.

“O-Okay Mr. Wu.” She replied feeling uneasy with their gauche position. If there’s a person who has a dirty mind in the scene, he would probably think that the ethics instructor was pinning her against the wall.

 

Unfortunately, the dirty-minded person arrived and was able to witness that particular scene together with her doe-eyed best friend.

“Now try again.” the instructor released her shoulder.

“I’ll d-“she was cut by a familiar girl’s voice, “Hyun!”

“Yoona-unnie!” she instinctively turned to their direction as the doe-eyed girl ran to her and gave her a warm hug.

“Hyun I miss you!” the doe-eyed girl uttered as she place her chin on the milady’s shoulder.

“Yoona-unnie me too.”

“How have you been doing?” Yoona asked her favorite maknae as she broke the hug, while her eyes were glistening.

“Unnie, are you about to cry?”

“Of course not! I just miss you silly!” the older girl denies as she pull the younger girl into a hug once again and a tear fell from her eye.

“Unnie, I’m glad that I’ll be able to go back to school tomorrow. I can be with you guys again.”

 

On the other side of the room, the two gentlemen were already flaring-up for another staring contest. As usual, it was initiated by Jong-In, as he recall a dreadful episode of his past with the other gentleman.


Kims and Wus are great family friends sharing the same affluent status. The only difference is that Wu family is in favor of the close–country policy of China and only expands their company inside the mighty republic.

Grand Master Kim is really good friends with Lord Wu that they decided to let their grandchildren study in the same school during their primary years. However, Kris is four years older than the young heir, and he has to take care of him.

Kris excels in almost everything: from academics to sports that Jong-In was really in-awe, and highly looks up to him as his older brother. Jong-In always place behind him but he did not really mind, he consider their comparison a friendly competition.

The only bad thing about him was he’s ruthless with his words towards he young heir when they were still young.

 

One windy afternoon, the little heir was chosen by their taekwondo teacher to spar with Kris.

“Are you ready?” the taekwondo guru asked the young heir.

“I am, master.” The little boy courageously replied.

“That’s your Kris-hyung keep in mind that his not just an average bigger boy like the others, he is a great contender so be careful.”

The young lad innocently nodded, as his strong will flourish for the bout to start with his favorite hyung.

“Jong-In-ah, how old are you now?” Kris suddenly asked.

“I’m already 9 now hyung.” He gave him a curious look.

“And what’s your favorite hobby?” he older lad asked once more.

“Dancing!” The young boy happily replied. “Why are you keeping on asking me Hyung?”

“I’m telling you now, be careful. I won’t be easy on you this time Jong-In.” Kris forewarned him.

“O-Okay hyung. I will, you too.” young Jong-In was completely clueless with the older boy’s warning.

 

And so, their taekwondo sparring began.

Young Jong-In was the first one who made a move; he aggressively attacks Kris without thinking carefully. The older boy has quick reflexes, and has attentive mind that the young lad’s attacks were either countered or just bluntly absorbed by him.

When he saw that the young boy have gotten a little tired from attacking him, he then decided to attack. He threw strong kicks against the latter; his long legs were really powerful as he continuously attacks the little boy like thunder. And when he did a roundhouse kick, young Jong-in got thrown few meters away from him.

“Still want to continue this?” he asked.

“The innocent lad got into his knees as he slowly stands up and started to aggressively attack his hyung again.

He then attentively prepared himself for the little boy’s attack and was successful retracting by giving the younger lad another roundhouse kick but accidentally hit the young heir’s lower back.

The young heir instantly flew and fell hard on the ground.

“Hyung! Help! It hurts!” the young heir cried out loud as his back irked.

Kris instantly went pale and got immobilized from where he was standing, as the few people who were with them inside the dojo started to panic.

“Kris-hyung!” he cried louder as he calls his name for help once again.

But Kris’ knees went weak as he slowly back off seeing how dreadful he has done to the young heir and ran away out of the dojo.

 

Few days after the incident, Wu family went to visit the young heir in the hospital.

“How’s Jong-In?” Lord Wu asked Grand Master Kim.

“The doctors told me that Jong-In’s spine got damaged.”

“I deeply apologize for what my grandson has done to your young heir Kim.” The lord was taken aback of how dreadful the news was.

“I cannot say that it is alright Wu. That was an accident; that no one wanted to happen.”

 

Inside the room where the young heir was confined, the orthopedic physician visited the young Jong-In

“Ortho-nim, when can I get our in here? I’ll be having my ballet recital thing coming weekend, it’s already Wednesday I need to practice.” The young heir stubbornly complained.

“Jong-In-ah, listen to Ortho-nim.” The physician said in a serious tone as he went closer to meet the boy’s eyes. “Jong-In, unfortunately I cannot let you perform in your ballet recital this coming weekend; you’ll need a lot of rest so your back won’t hurt again.”

“Is that so Ortho-nim?” he innocently again, he was really an obedient boy.

The doctor nodded and smiled at him faintly.

“But may I ask when can I dance again?” he asked, totally clueless of was his real situation was.

“Jong-In you’re a good boy, right?”

He then nodded.

“If I tell you that I will not let you dance for a long time, will you listen to me?” the doctor tries his very best not to hurt the young heir’s feelings.

“I’m ready to listen but how many more days will you stop me from dancing Ortho-nim?”

The doctor held the child’s hand and tried so hard to ease him before uttering the truth about his condition, “Jong-In-ah, unfortunately I can never let you dance ballet again; it will be really rigorous for you that your back might get more damaged. I’m really sorry to tell you this, but you’re an intelligent boy, right? I hope you understand why Ortho-nim is restricting you like this.”

Little Jong-In wept for a whole night after knowing that he can never be the ballerina he have always dreamed of .

 

Few weeks later at Incheon airport, Kris’ family has decided to go back In China. Grandmaster Kim and the young heir were there to send them off.

“Kris-hyung why did you run like that when I got hurt? The innocent boy asked with his glistening eyes.

Kris got frozen and tongue tied with the young lad’s question and have to pause for a minute before uttering an answer, “A gentleman never cries loud like that, it’s because you looked too weak that time Jong-In, you shouldn’t have cried like that that day.” he then looked away and tries to catch up from his grandfather who have already gotten inside the airport.

Tears have started to fall from the young heir’s eyes. He knew how his hyung’s way of speaking coldly to everybody. But realizing what he just lost because of the older brother he used to look up to, he eventually developed resentment and promised himself that on a fateful day, he will beat the latter through everything.


“We’ve never spoken even once since I arrived in here.” the older gentleman finally broke the silence between them with his innately cold tone.

‘What a poker face.’The heir thought. He then decided to switch his guard cool and deal with the other gentleman in the same manner, “Unfortunately, I’m pre-occupied with my schedule these days.”

“I see.” Kris bluntly answered. “Your wife, she’s a good student. I admire her for being like that.”

Jong-In went closer towards the taller gentleman and looked at him intently from head-to-toe.

“Learn from you? I doubt what Joo Hyun-noona will get after.” The heir uttered his sharp remark almost whispering as he let out a devious smirk.

The taller gentleman let out a soft chuckle, and once again averted their conversation. “It seems to me that you two are not really a couple. She prefers me to call her Joo Hyun and you just call her now Noona. When are you going to put up your fences on your own land Jong-In?”

The heir’s eyebrows furrowed as he fumes up with the mysterious gentleman’s words, “Tell me straight right into my face what are you trying to convey.”

The tall gentleman slightly bent down to his ear and whispered, “That wolves attack by night. And guard your sheep.”

Jong-In has already clenched his fist, and was about to give the other gentleman a blow but Yoona noticed their little commotion.

 

“Jong-In!” the doe-eyed girl called him half-screaming as Joo Hyun turned to the gentlemen as well.

 

Seohyun immediately went in the middle of the two and cut the building commotion. “Jong-In-ah, what’s going on here?” she anxiously asked as she pushes her husband to back off.

 

He immediately veiled his tightened fist from the sight of his wife. He does not want to involve her nor give her a single idea of what was their argument all about. He instantaneously switched his mood into his usual, and pretended to be calm, “Nothing, Joo-Hyun-ssi.” He projected a fake smile as he averted his gaze to the mysterious gentleman once again. “This is how Mr. Wu and I usually greet each other.”

Her senses were not that naïve to believe her husband but in order to prevent another argument, she just pretend o believe what he said, “Thank goodness, I thought you two are going to brawl here.”

“I guess they are boys after all Hyun.” Yoona shrugged her shoulders as she spoke trying to lighten up the mood.

“Milady, young Master, Ms. Im if I still clearly remember, please excuse me for I have my other chores to accomplish.” Kris had the chance to excuse himself to the scene as the doe-eyed girl followed him with her gaze.

“Hyun, that’s Mr. Wu, right? Your ethics teacher.” Yoona asked her best friend whispering.

“Yes Yoongie, he is my ethics teacher.”

The doe-eyed girl then averted her attention to Jong-In, and tried to pry he heir with her words, “Jong-In, I’ve been noticing your uneasiness towards Mr. Wu. Soo, Yul, and I have noticed that when we last visited here. Care to share what is it all about?”

“That’s just the way we really greet each other since childhood, Yoona-noona.” He lied as he lead them going to the dining hall for a dinner to escape the interrogation of the older girl.


The three had a great dinner together, that the turmoil between the heir and the ethics instructor were completely set aside as the husband and wife talked about many stories with the doe-eyed girl.

“Whoa Hyun! I’m really full. This is really my first time to eat lamb chops that tastes like that!” Yoona expressed her delight towards the food.

“You tell that to Soo-unnie, and I’m sure she’s gonna be jealous.” Seohyun let out a chuckle.

“That shikshin often call me Alligator and Yul dark-skinned nowadays, I guess she really misses you a lot.” The she turned to the heir for the confirmation, “You’ve heard her, right?”

“Yes, Yoona-noona, Soo-noona just called you that this afternoon.” He started to giggle.

“Yah Hyun, Jong-In. I haven’t gotten a chance to take pictures with you two.” especially now, Joo Hyun have gotten more beautiful. Can we take pictures of us three?’ the doe-eyed girl requested all of a sudden.

“Sure Yoongie.”

“No problem Yoona-noona.” He agreed and requested a junior butler to get the D9 DSLR that is the official camera of the household. “Please get the camera.”

And the junior butler got what the young master told him to get. He then took several pictures of the three together.

“Kamsahamnida Butler-nim.” The girls thanked the junior butler in return.

“May we see the pictures now?” the doe-eyed girl asked in excitement.

And the junior butler handed the camera o the doe-eyed-girl.

As the best friends look at their pictures on the camera, the doe-eyed girl have mistakenly pressed the button in which pictures will be seen in chronological order. Both of them were surprised seeing familiar images from the previous month – the photographs that were used with the hoax information that surfaced the internet and forced the two to marry earlier than they should be.

“Hyun.” Yoona called her best friend’s name in an obvious uneasy tone.

Joo Hyun’s expression turned bitter as she turns her gaze to her husband, “Jong-In, would you like to explain me the meaning of this?”