Up 2 You

MACHINE (Gotta get to her heart)

 

“Myungsoo is a big mess!” I leaned my head on Luna’s shoulder and closed my eyes as Chanyeol repeated the same expression all over again.

“For the hundredth time, Chanyeol! Sit your down!” Baekhyun yelled at him.

“So what are you going to do now?” Luhan asked me.

I bit my lips, “I’ll talk to him when I’m ready.”

“Give yourself a break, Soojung.” Luna patted my head.

“We’re not forcing you to fix things up with Myungsoo, we know you’ve been through a lot already.” Baekhyun assured me.

Then Baekhyun turned his head to Kai, “And you, Kim Jongin?”

“What?? Like what I did was wrong.” He sneered.

“But he’s still our friend.” Chanyeol uttered.

“But that doesn’t mean we should tolerate him.” Kai cracked his knuckles.

“Alright! Alright!” Chen suddenly stood up.

“Since it’s past dinner time, I think we should eat.” He suggested.

“Your treat??” Sulli asked sneakily.

He jokingly sighed, “I... guess I don’t have a choice.”

“Yehey!!!” Sulli and Jiyoung exclaimed in unison, both of them clapping their hands like a little kid.

“I’ll go with you then!” Xiumin said as he stood up from his seat.

“We’ll be back in 30 minutes.” Chen and Xiumin waved goodbye.

“Drive safely, you two.” D.O. reminded them.

I checked my phone, no messages or calls. I guess daddy’s not home yet, or else I’m screwed. Though my dad isn’t the overly protective type, he gets easily worried when it comes to me, his little princess. My brother, Suho, is the opposite. He’s too overprotective when it comes to me, but in a loving way. Know what I mean? It’s just that whatever he does, I can never hate him. He’s an angel in disguise! Hahaha!

“My goodness Soojung! Your phone is ringing!” Suzy yelled.

“What!? Oh.” I was spacing out again.

 

“Hello?”

“I’m outside.”

“What do you mean ‘outside’??

“Your classmates house, obviously.”

 

I hung up the phone, “How did he..”

“Who’s that?” Amber asked.

“My brother. Guys, I think have to go.” I picked up my things and bid good bye to them.

“Wait!!” Suzy shouted.

“I’ll call you when I get home!” I gave her a hand signal. 

-----

I ran fast outside and found my brother’s car on hazard mode at the driveway. I opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat.

 “How did you know I’m here?” I asked suspiciously.

“Doesn’t matter. Wanna go out for a coffee?” He smiled.

“Uhh, sure.” I placed my bag at the back seat and fastened my seatbelt.

 “Something bad happened?” He honked the horn and drove away.

I laughed, “Are you spying me?”

“You know you cannot hide a thing from your brother.” He smiled sneakily.

I looked out the window and let out a heavy sigh, “Well yeah, unfortunately.”

“Tell me about it.” He uttered.

“Can we not? Please?” I plead.

“Alright! So what’s your plan?” Good gracious. I’m just not in the mood to talk about details.

I took a deep breath and answered him, “I’m breaking up with him.”

-----

Funny how my brother knows everything in such a short time, right? Actually, this kind of conversation is not new to me, or should I say us. Whenever I and Myungsoo get into a fight and my brother decides to open it up, our conversation always ends up with his “So what’s your plan?” and my infamous “We’ll fix this.” But now, it’s just different. I’m pretty sure my brother is having a party inside his head now, like FINALLY, SOOJUNG!!! 

-----

“One French Vanilla, one Café Macchiato and two cheesecakes. Any additional, sir?” The clerk smiled widely at my brother.

I laughed. My brother is such an angel.

“That’s all.”He smiled and paid the bill.

We sat near the window and enjoyed the view outside. I played with my food while he was busy with his phone.  My brother really knows me well; he knew I just need time to think things through. No talking. Peace of mind, that's what I needed. 

I stared blankly outside and thought of ways on how to end things up with Myungsoo. I remember I tried breaking up with him once but I ended up failing and got beaten by Suzy Bae. She once told me to be consistent, that once I come to a decision, I should stand up for it. I guess I’m really just that weak and stupid when it comes to love. 

-----

About 30 minutes have passed... 

“Isn’t that your classmate?”                  

“Soojung?”

“Huh??” I was too preoccupied that I didn’t realize my brother was talking to me.

He pointed at the counter and I saw this one familiar guy taking out his wallet.

Oh. Kim Jongin.

He received his order and was about to leave when unexpectedly, he caught a glimpse of me and my brother, both staring at him.  Bravo Jungs!! I stepped on my brother’s foot and gave him a look. He nearly choked on his drink because he couldn’t stop laughing!

Too late, Kai was already on his way to our table. 

“Oh, hey, uhmm.. I didn’t know you were here. I just stopped by to buy something for my mom.” Kai scratched his head with embarrassment.

“Kim Jongin, sir.” He introduced himself to my brother.

“Don’t need to be too polite.” My brother smiled at him. I think this was the first time they met each other formally. Though Kai lives close to us, he rarely goes out, same with my brother. Plus, they’re not even the same age so I wasn’t really surprised.

I pretended to drink and let my brother do the talking. I couldn’t even speak because of embarrassment!

“Are you done? Jongin’s car is on repair so I offered him a ride.” I looked at my brother, and then Kai. Well, that was fast.

“Uhh, yup! L-let’s go, then?” I stuttered. 

-----

I think the embarrassment I felt in front of Kai at the coffee shop summed it all up. I was mean to him, yet he saved me from Myungsoo. There’s more to Kim Jongin than just “Kai”, I guess.  And here I was, walking awkwardly beside him on our way to the parking lot.

I could feel the heat rising in my face, “Thanks, by the way.”

He let out a small laugh, “For what?”

“For... everything??” Way to go, Krystal Jung!

He placed a hand on his chin and carefully examined my face, “Hmm, you’re actually not that bad.”

“YAAAAAH!”  I went after him as he ran for his life.

We ended up laughing together until we reach the car. I was about to open the door at the passenger seat, when I found out it was locked. I was actually hoping my brother would unlock it since he was already inside.                                                                                       

“Backseat!” My brother shouted.

Kai looked at me, his mouth agape.   

“Okay! Okay!” I shouted back. I just don’t understand my brother sometimes.

-----

Kai and I sat together at the backseat, with at least a three span of hands distance between us.

A good 15 minutes ride to reach our village.                                                                     

He was looking outside, deeply absorbed in his own thoughts. While here I was, checking on him. Wait, that doesn’t sound good. Not gonna lie though, Kai has a really, really good posture. With just the way he sits, his shoulders are so...

Hold up, this is my jam!

“Could you turn up the volume?” I requested from my brother.

 

Baby, you're so beautiful

Every time I see you, girl, it throw me off

It’s so unusual for me to be waiting

But I don’t want to blow it, girl

But you should know this, girl

 

“... Cause, I’ve done effed up in love before...” I heard that, Kai.

I let out a small laugh, “I never thought you like RnB’s.”

He just smiled. Wow. I was actually expecting a reply or something.


What the hell, babe

Make me wanna jump out an airplane

The way it feels, I just can't explain

I don't wanna lose it      

So I’m just gon’stay out my own way

 

“What’s your favourite song on the F.A.M.E. album?” He suddenly asked.

“No bull” I answered.

“Ooooh, dirty.” He teased me with his y voice.

I hit him in the shoulder, “! What about you?”

...

.....

He let out a sigh and smiled, “She ain’t you.”

“Oh, I like that too!” I uttered. 

-----

“Thanks for the ride, sir.” Kai thanked my brother. What’s with the ‘sir’, though?

“No problem.” My brother gave him a fist bump. They’re boys, after all.

Then he lightly pinched my cheeks, “See you around, Soojung.”

“Uhh, see you around.” I shyly replied. My cheeks started burning.        

“So you two are close..” My brother teased me just seconds after Kai closed the door.

“N-no. “ I mumbled.

“Well, it looks like.” He uttered.

“Well, we already know each other for years. We just barely talk.” I alibied.

“Alright! Alright!” He gave up and continued driving.

It’s just a few blocks away until we reach home. 

-----

I lay on my bed wearing my favourite Mickey Mouse loose shirt and pj’s.

I grabbed my phone, and dialled Suzy’s number.

Suj..”

“Sooj..”

“Did I wake you up?”

“Not really, just tired. Tell me whatever’s running on your mind now.”

“I’m breaking up with him.”

...                                                                                

....

“Firts attempt, you failed, right?”

“Uhh.. yup.”

“Second attempt, do you think you can do it? Do you have the guts now?”

“I think so..”

“Make up your mind, then call me. Bye!”

“Wait!!”

“What now?”

“Okay! Okay! I can do this!”

“Get your head right, please Soojung!  Do you really want to get hurt again?”

...

....

“You’ll be there, right? No matter what..”

“You know I always will.”

 

I hung up the phone and buried my face in my pillow. Frustration is killing me, so I just cried and let it all out, until there’s nothing left. One thing I promise to myself, Myungsoo will never gonna see me cry again. People tend to think I’m tough, maybe because of my cold aura, but in reality, I’m just as fragile as any other girls out there. I’m no Superwoman.

 

-----------

I realized it took me 5 chapters just to finish all that had happened on the first day O_o

Sorry for being such a lazy writer T_T

Anyway, please don't forget to leave a comment & subscribe! ^^