F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

MACHINE (Gotta get to her heart)

 

We were all gathered in the living room, all of them facing me. Well, all of them except Kai, who’s obviously nowhere to be seen.

 

My eyes were swollen. My cheeks were red. It finally hit me big time. No matter how much we love each other, it just won’t work anymore. I almost couldn’t believe we made it for years, with me always taking all the crap, me always defending him with my friends, me always considering him, and him being a jerk all the time. People get tired, I guess.

 

Thank goodness Sehun’s living room can occupy at least 20 people, considering how many we are.

 

Luhan and Suzy sat next to me on the left side of the long couch, checking my arms for some scratches, while Jiyoung, Amber, Lay and Chen positioned themselves comfortably on the other side. Xiumin and Sulli sat next to each other in the ball chair, same as D.O. and Luna.

 

I looked at Suzy, then Luhan, “I’ll be fine, don’t worry.” and gave them a small smile.

“Thank you.” I muttered as Sehun gave me a glass of water. He sat in the chair next to the long couch.

“I’m so sorry for what had happened. I didn’t mean to cause you guys any trouble..” I apologized, holding back my tears.

D.O. shook his head, “No one asked for this to happen.”

“D.O.’s right.”Xiumin assured me.

“It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have made him angry in the first place.” Suzy bit her lip as I gave her a disapproving look.

“No one’s at fault. You guys did the right thing for not leaving Krystal. Things might have gotten worse if you let them talk alone, you know.” retorted Lay.

“Myungsoo has so many issues, eh? I mean, we’re his friend right?” Chen asked, looking confused.

“Trust issues.” Luna pointed.

“Yeah, he trusts no one.”Sulli agreed.

“I think it’s because of you guys.” Jiyoung eyed the boys suspiciously. 

“What???” the boys said in unison.

“Oh come on! Remember those times when all of you went head over heels for Soojung??” Jiyoung blurted.

 “But they’re not even together back then yet!” Luhan exclaimed.

“Still, like you guys don’t know Myungsoo that well.” Jiyoung muttered.

“I hate how he thinks highly of me all the time, like all the boys in the world would fall for me.” my forehead creased in frustration.

“He’s your boyfriend, anyway. Of course, he’ll think highly of you, even I..” Luhan uttered, but he suddenly stopped when the girls laughed and the boys gave him a glare.

I fanned myself as my cheeks went redder. Damn it, Luhan!

“Don’t you dare continue Mr. Hopeless Romantic- Romeo wannabe! Gosh, you’re giving me goose bumps!” Amber exclaimed.

“Shut. Up.”Luhan snapped back.

“Where’s Kai, by the way?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“He’s outside, talking seriously on the phone.” D.O. answered.

“Oh, probably talking to Juniell.” Sehun mumbled. 

“Dang, I got shocked when he punched Myungsoo in the face!” Amber was obviously having a mini-flashback of the fight.

“Served him right, to be honest.” retorted Sulli,who’s now busy playing with Xiumin.

“I knew Kai was the only one who can beat the crap out of Myungsoo.” Suzy smirked.

Amber laughed, “So that’s the reason why you kept on calling him when the incident happened!”

“Never in my life had I seen him that angry. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did that for Kim, but Krystal? I mean, since when did he give a damn??” Sehun mumbled, looking puzzled.

“He’s a one weird guy.” Luhan said suspiciously.

I was actually thinking the same thing as Sehun. Since when did he care? We hated each other right? Or is it just me all the time??

 

*Flashback*

“Have you guys heard?”Jiyoung showed up in the class with a grin on her face.

“Heard what?” Luna and Amber said in unison.

I was busy fixing my bag but I was listening.

“About the new student in our class! They said he’s a one hot guy! He’s tall, dark and handsome, sugar, spice, and everything nice!” Jiyoung clapped in excitement.

“Really?? What brought him here then?” Sulli asked.

I get what Sulli was trying to ask. I mean, out of all the school in our place, why ours? Our school is basically small; you can almost memorize all of the names of the students enrolled, you cannot bump into someone you don’t know or you are not familiar with. That’s how small it is, and FYI, it’s a Christian school.  

“I heard his family are close with the owner of the school, so that’s why he transferred here.” Jiyoung answered.

“Maybe he caused trouble to his former school that’s why he’s here?” Suzy snapped back.

Jiyoung raised her hand, “Shhhhhh!He might be here in a mi..”

All of a sudden, a tall guy entered the room and all went silent.

Out of curiosity, I checked the guy out, looking at him from head to toe..

BANG!!!

Curiosity killed me.

OH. MY. EFFING.

“Oh gosh, he is indeed a hottie!” Jiyoung exclaimed.

“THIS CAN’T BE..” I shook my head in disbelief.

Luna tilted her head, checking the guy carefully, “He looks bad. I mean, he looks like a bad a boy.”

“Hmmm, looks like Myungsoo already found his rival.” Suzy smirked.

I scrutinized the guy once again; making sure my eyes didn’t fool me. Then I realized it was really him, “NO FREAKING WAY!!!”

“What’s wrong with you Soojung!?”Amber gave me a weird look.

Jiyoung faced me, “What is it? Don’t tell me you know him? Ugh! I can’t believe this! All the hot guys, Soojung! ALL!!”

“No! It’s not what you think it is!” I retorted.

“Then what is it?” Sulli asked.

“His name is Kai. He’s an arrogant Casanova so stay away from him!” I warned them.

“So, you really know him?” Suzy looked at me suspiciously.

“Well, uhhmm yes. They live close to us.” I tried avoiding their stares.

“All my hopes are gone..” Jiyoung sighed.

“Knock it off, Jing.” Suzy retorted, looking annoyed.

“What!? I’m just kidding!”Jiyoung snapped back.

It’s in Jiyoung’s nature to overreact with things but we’re used to it, with Suzy Bae as an exception.

I peeked at Kai for the last time, but unfortunately, I was caught in the act. He showed me his signature smirk, which I find really annoying but girls find attractive, like seriously??

“Argggggh!” I growled.

 

Sehun went upstairs, and came back clutching an electric guitar in his hands.

He started strumming the guitar, “Still remember this?”

I suddenly felt nostalgic.

The atmosphere inside the living room changed.

All of us smiled. Who would ever forget this song?

“So no one told you life was gonna be this way.” D.O. started clapping his hands.

“Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA.” Chen began stomping his foot.  

“It's like you're always stuck in second gear, when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year. But..” Luhan smiled at me.

 

I'll be there for you
When the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before
I'll be there for you
'Cuz you're there for me too...

 

I couldn't help but laugh at Jiyoung, Amber, Sulli, and Luna who were dancing crazily in the middle. The four girls were in charge with the dancing, the boys singing, Sehun playing the guitar, Suzy filming the whole scene, and me as the only audience.

“This song is dedicated to Soojung, the martyr.” Suzy zoomed the camera in my face.

“Yaaaah!!” I covered my face with embarrassment.

“What’s with all the commotion??” Kai finally showed up.

“You’re missing out on the fun!” Luna grabbed Kai and forced him on the dance floor.

“Yahh!! This is unfair! Soojung should dance too!” Kai exclaimed with embarrassment.

“Wait, what!?” I said, shocked. But then I didn’t have a choice, I already found myself getting pulled by Kai.

“Dancing releases stress, you know.” He smiled.

 

I'll be there for you
When the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before
I'll be there for you
'Cuz you're there for me too...

 

Who needs a boyfriend when you have these bunch of dorks?

 

No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows
What it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with
Make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst I'm best with you

 

I’ll be there for you, because you’re there for me too..

 

------

Leave a comment & subscribe! =))