Underneath the Moonlight

Underneath the Moonlight

 

The whole household was busy searching for candles and flashlights. The sudden power shut down caused a commotion at the helpers, but she was not taken off guard. She had anticipated this moment. Her legs swinging back and forth as she sat on the balcony’s edge, she hummed a random tune as she waits for him to come. Somehow she had a hint that she’d be the next victim. Dara knows he’ll be here any minute now.

 

 

And as if she guessed correct, Seunghyun appeared from out of nowhere. His black hair combed neatly, his all black attire giving him an aristocratic aura, he seemed so perfect. Even his blood-shot eyes are wonderful for her, those eyes that are his soul’s mirror of the hunger for blood that he is feeling.

 

 

 

“You seem to be happy in seeing me, usually, your kind would be very afraid.” His fangs flashed when he gave her a wicked smile. He leaned down on the wall directly opposite of her and observed his prey. “My presence alone is enough to send chills down on their spine even without showing them my true form.”

 

 

She didn’t flinch. Her eyes battled with his in a staring contest. “Of course I wouldn’t be afraid of you. Why would I be?”

 

 

In a snap of a second he was in front of her, his cold hands caressing her face. “Because I’m dangerous…” He whispered to her ear. His face was so close to hers that she could feel his nose touch her cheek.

 

 

“I don’t mind…” She gently grabbed his face and once again looked at him straight in the eyes. “From the very first day I met you, I know that you are dangerous. But that didn’t stop the want in me being with you.”

 

 

Seunghyun let out a mocking laugh. “You don’t know what you’re saying little rabbit. I am a beast that could eat you. You’re a mere mortal that can never protect herself against me. I could do anything I want with you…even the most hideous idea you could think of.” He was studying her face up close, and she was doing the same; both admiring how perfect the other seems to be.

 

 

“I know. I’ve read about your kind.” Her answer made him laugh even more.

 

 

“There’s more about a creature like me than what those books of yours can tell. You might be surprised.” His fingers traced her jaw line down to her neck. He can feel the healthy blood running in her veins and this made him want her even more.

 

 

“I told you. I don’t care whatever you want to do with me. If you want my blood then I’d give them to you without a doubt. I just want you to take me with you anywhere you’ll go…”

 

 

He was taken a back with her answer. This girl is more puzzling than he had expected. “Do you understand your words? It’s like choosing hell over heaven. You are willing to leave your life of luxury for someone like me? You are indeed a very weird girl Park Sandara…”

 

 

 

She giggled while getting off the balcony’s edge. She stood closer to him and rested her head on his chest. She can hear his heart beating rapidly. He is still human, she thought. And while there’s still a single heartbeat in his chest, she won’t give up making him fall for her. Like how she fell for this vampire. She wanted to be the only person that he’ll need. She will give him everything so that he doesn’t have to hunt every night for his meal. Call her crazy, but she actually gets jealous whenever she sees the news about a new victim. ‘How dare those people get close to my Seunghyun’ she thought.

 

 

 

“I know what I’m saying. And I’ve already made my decision. I’m coming with you. I’ll search everywhere for you if you leave me. I won’t let you find peace…” she threatened him but to him it sounded like it came from a 10 year old child. He chuckled.

 

 

“I can’t promise you anything yet, but…”

 

 

 

He leaned closer to her neck and she tilted her head a little, giving him more access. She waited for his fangs to pierce her skin and her blood. But there was none. Instead, she felt his soft lips gently kissed her on the neck. And in a blink of an eye, they had both disappeared.  

 

 

 

"For tonight’s news, the heiress of the Park Corporation, Park Sandara still hasn’t been found. 1 week had passed since the reported disappearance of the lady but no clues are yet evident. The idea of a runaway was denied by the family since she had not taken a single possession with her when she was gone. Investigators suspect that she might have been the next victim of the unknown killer who had been lurking in the city for months now. But unlike before where the victim’s body would be found 3 days after their disappearance, no remains of Miss Sandara are found. Others suspect that this might be a different case though the crime had similarities with the previous ones wherein the victims vanish without a trace."